Has anyone been able to get bluetooth tethering to work? I have everything enabled on my phone and it used to work before, a long time ago that is. But now, it doesn't work anymore and I can't tether via bluetooth. I have my SGS2 paired to the PlayBook, and I even selected Fido as my carrier under Internet Tethering, but then it gives me an error saying that it cannot connect and to make sure that bluetooth is turned on, when it is.
    01-12-13 11:35 AM
    Has anyone been able to get bluetooth tethering to work? I have everything enabled on my phone and it used to work before, a long time ago that is. But now, it doesn't work anymore and I can't tether via bluetooth. I have my SGS2 paired to the PlayBook, and I even selected Fido as my carrier under Internet Tethering, but then it gives me an error saying that it cannot connect and to make sure that bluetooth is turned on, when it is.
    I just tried to tether my playbook with a nokia phone and i can confirm that its working fine.
    01-12-13 11:40 AM
    Via bluetooth? Because WiFi tethering works no problem. It's the bluetooth tethering that doesn't... I want to try to get bluetooth tethering to work again so I can save some battery life on the go.
    01-12-13 11:42 AM
    Are your access point settings correct on the phone? What Android version is the phone running and is it a custom firmware? It could be a pairing issue or something wrong with the Bluetooth setup on your phone.

You could try using tethering on a laptop, open up a console and see which modem commands are failing.
    01-12-13 12:31 PM
    An android app called Bluedun is need to assist with the pairing to enable bluetooth tethering. Just install on phone and pair-connect to PlayBook tethering using the app.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    01-12-13 12:50 PM
    Via bluetooth? Because WiFi tethering works no problem. It's the bluetooth tethering that doesn't... I want to try to get bluetooth tethering to work again so I can save some battery life on the go.
    Yeah, via bluetooth. It works for me.
    01-12-13 12:56 PM
    Yeah, via bluetooth. It works for me.
    Me too (c) AOL.

I probable tether my PlayBook to my Nokia N8 once or twice a week, using bluetooth.
    01-14-13 04:00 AM
    Working for me, but took a few failed attempts to connect. Might be a carrier thing
    01-14-13 05:04 AM
    Me too (c) AOL.

I probable tether my PlayBook to my Nokia N8 once or twice a week, using bluetooth.
    Hey, i also use nokia N8. I don't know, whether i'm allowed to say or not, but N8 is a stunning camera phone.
    slparry likes this.
    01-14-13 06:15 AM
    Switched to a stock LG Optimus G, and it still gives me the same error as before. I think it's a PlayBook problem...
    02-04-13 08:51 PM
    I use my Playbook with my Nokia N9...works perfectly!
    02-05-13 05:52 AM
    If tethering via bluetooth, don't forget that you need to set the correct APN.
    02-05-13 01:51 PM
    I'm sure you've probably already tried, but just in case, have you rebooted the PB?

Hoot
    02-05-13 03:54 PM
    If tethering via bluetooth, don't forget that you need to set the correct APN.
    Did that. No go.

I'm sure you've probably already tried, but just in case, have you rebooted the PB?

Hoot
    Yep. Maybe 50 billion times lol. Only thing I haven't tried yet is Factory Reset...
    02-10-13 05:58 PM
    Works fine for me on Playbook+Torch
    02-10-13 09:29 PM