Now that OS 2.0 is officially out, I love listening to music from my playbook to the cars stereo. Does anyone have recommendations for a bluetooth home stereo speaker? No price range, just looking to see what's available and recommended
    03-12-12 05:28 PM
    Now that OS 2.0 is officially out, I love listening to music from my playbook to the cars stereo. Does anyone have recommendations for a bluetooth home stereo speaker? No price range, just looking to see what's available and recommended
    Not sure, but I DO know the Blackberry VM-605 doesn't appear to work. It connects but looks for something, I don't know what, but won't "complete" the connection allowing the Bluetooth support.
    03-12-12 05:29 PM
    Now, here's an extremely interesting little device I just came across on eBay. It's a little BT dongle that will attach to an iPod dock and allow any A2DP device to stream audio.

Perhaps the most fascinating aspect of it is that it clearly uses the proprietary iPod connector...
    03-12-12 06:00 PM
    I use the Logitech Z515 Bluetooth speakers as a wireless boombox. Great and relatively powerful sound from a small and inexpensive package.

Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless USB Speaker Z515: Electronics

03-12-12 06:14 PM
    I use the blackberry bluetooth stereo gateway, but you need a 3.5mm cable into your stereo. Problem - no volume control from the PB leads to distorted audio. I really do not get why I can control volume on my 9810 into the gateway, but not on my PlayBook.
    03-12-12 06:34 PM
    I have the Bose Soundlink that came out 2-3 years ago. Bluetooth enabled, great sound, 8+ hours of battery at volume set at 65% (which is still loud and clear). The replacement (current bose soundlink) model cost $299-$349 (which is 1/2 the price than the cost of mine) and is a bit smaller and I am sure the sound is comparable. Some might agree that Bose is sold at a hefty premium, thus far I feel that I got exactly what I paid for. Hope you find what you works for you!
    Last edited by Abrante; 03-12-12 at 08:13 PM.
    artie likes this.
    03-12-12 07:31 PM
    jawbone jambox is pretty sweet.
    jkeithbrown and Spencerdl like this.
    03-12-12 08:04 PM
    Sound link are the best on the market.
    03-12-12 08:06 PM
    looking at either the jambox or soundlink.. need to test them both to see which gives me the sound im lokoing for.

how does the jambox sound compare to the stock speakers of the PB? the speakers look so small so i was thinking it might not be a big difference over the PB speakers.
    Last edited by mayastig; 03-12-12 at 08:35 PM.
    03-12-12 08:33 PM
    I have an Audyssey SOMO Sound Dock and it works flawlessly with my PlayBook via Bluetooth. Has an iPod/iPhone dock connector as well. The sound is absolutely amazing (even over bluetooth A2DP)! Here's a link if you're interested:

Audyssey Audio Dock | Audyssey
    03-14-12 09:21 AM
    Everyone in the office can hear my Jambox when I get in the mood & need to crank it up!!!
    03-14-12 09:46 AM
    My vote also goes to the Jawbone Jambox...sweet little device in multiple colours, incredible sound as well
    03-14-12 10:46 AM
    Bose has a really nice new bluetooth speaker that's portable
    03-14-12 10:55 AM
    I have a Monster ClarityHD.
    It works well with the Bluetooth connection but better with a wired connection through the headphone jack.
    I bought it because of the small size but am happy with it overall. I use it mainly for video.
    03-14-12 04:44 PM
    I use the Logitech Z515 Bluetooth speakers as a wireless boombox. Great and relatively powerful sound from a small and inexpensive package.

Amazon.com: Logitech Wireless USB Speaker Z515: Electronics

I have one of these and love it. I got it for 1/2 price at Staples over Christmas. It's not something you can crank through the whole house, but easily fills a room. It recharges so you can move it around with no adaptor. It's not super high-fi, but I don't have the cash to drop $300 on a speaker. I got this one for about $60 with taxes.
    Last edited by torndownunit; 03-14-12 at 04:53 PM.
    03-14-12 04:50 PM
    looking at either the jambox or soundlink.. need to test them both to see which gives me the sound im lokoing for.

how does the jambox sound compare to the stock speakers of the PB? the speakers look so small so i was thinking it might not be a big difference over the PB speakers.
    I tested both at Bestbuy and Soundlink blew the Jambox out of the store. I could barely hear the Jambox. Test both before you buy.
    03-14-12 07:14 PM
    I have the Jawbone Jambox and for the size combined with sound there is no equal.....IMO. The BOSE soundlink sounds good also, but it's too large for my portable lifestyle.
    03-14-12 07:31 PM
    I've got one of these and I can tell you it ROCKS!

Logitech� Wireless Boombox
    03-15-12 09:50 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD