I am wondering if I can remote access my PC through the blackberry bridge app on the PlayBook. I have aVNC installed and can access my computer through wireless internet, but want to be able to access my PC when there is no Wireless available. Can I remote access my PC via bluetooth connection through my B-Berry? Thanks in advance for your help.
    08-24-11 07:31 PM
    I believe you can with the latest OS update as it allows Apps to use the Bridge Connection for Internet. If that doesn't work you could use Tethering (there may be charges for this depending on your dataplan)
    kylestone likes this.
    08-24-11 07:48 PM
    i have tried internet tethering, but i don't know how to remote access the pc.
    08-24-11 07:53 PM
    There are several threads in these forums about setting up and connecting to VNC server using IMT VNC or aVNC. Also look for the threads having to do with TeamViewer, and RDP. Lots to learn. Things like port forwarding setting up your router to pass connections on from your DSL or Cable modem into your local network.
    kylestone likes this.
    08-24-11 08:14 PM
    Alright.... i have the port forwarding thing figured out, but does that have to do with bluetooth and my blackberry linking up with my PC? which path do i take in order for me to tether on to my curve from playbook and remote access to my computer? Thanks for the responses so far.
    08-24-11 08:56 PM
    I have done it with Teamweaver. That is when I needed mouse, so I connected my Logitech bluetooth mouse to my PB and it worked like a charm.
    kylestone likes this.
    08-24-11 10:45 PM
    RDM+ works great over bridged bluetooth connection since update .2942
    08-25-11 01:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD