Ok so ive got a playbook, pretty sweet and i have to say im impressed. Theres one thing that gets me however;

Playbook has bluetooth.
    Playbook has speakers, microphone and headphone jack.
    Playbook notifies you of incoming calls.

Is there no way of using PB as a bluetooth headset or similar? Even with headphones plugged in?

If not, anyone interested in developing something to work this out? Im sure it would be a valuable asset over competitors/just plain useful...
    Sprawl, Heavens1 and jtvoxboi like this.
    05-02-12 10:17 AM
    agree!

while it's nto a show stopper. would be an awesome way of just adding that little bit more of functionality to the Playbook.

Ive been caught several times wher ei'll be in one room of the house, connected with bridge on the playbook, but my phone is charging in the office. I see the incoming call message and think "thats awesome" but then realize, the next step is me bounding up the stairs and bolting for the office to get to the phone in time.
    dentynefire likes this.
    05-02-12 02:07 PM
    I was once researching this very idea - along with the several related ones - and there seems to exist a ready solution.

It is called Phone Remote for BB PlayBook
    Buy Phone Remote For BlackBerry PlayBook™ - Download Phone Remote For BlackBerry PlayBook™ - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World

I did not buy it - the reasons are somewhat outside the topic - but If I was to believe the developers personal communication, the app allows EXACTLY what was asked in the OP - using the BT via the app to take calls.

IfI misunderstood the developer, I am sure, the forumites owning the app will set me straight or you can contact the developer directly via the link above.

Best of luck !
    Heavens1 likes this.
    05-02-12 02:52 PM
    That app is fine. Wish it would use bluetooth. Uses wifi only.
    Heavens1 likes this.
    05-02-12 04:11 PM
    I'm a little confused, if your BB is paired with PB.. then just paid your BT headset to your BB and when you get a call answer it.. Unless your BT headset does not support multiple pairing..
    05-03-12 01:46 AM
    I'm a little confused, if your BB is paired with PB.. then just paid your BT headset to your BB and when you get a call answer it.. Unless your BT headset does not support multiple pairing..
    I dont want to have something else to rely on! BT headset is another liability; something else to charge something else to carry etc. If headset technology costs 10 in highstreet surely my 150 PB contains same tech?
    05-03-12 03:08 AM
    i was actually looking for that solution also.
    05-03-12 04:12 AM
    This works fine for answering calls via a headset, but that's about all it does. If you want to place a call, or use the PB as a speakerphone you can't. I don't see it as something I would need on a daily basis, but it would definitely be cool to have.

The Touchpad has this built in, works pretty well. The first time I tried it, I put the Touchpad up to my head and walked around the house talking on it. Got some weird looks from the family, I imagine doing it on the PlayBook would look a little less ridiculous.
    05-03-12 04:42 AM
    I've been thinking about this for quite some time. I think it'd be very useful. The speakers on he PB are much better than on my 9700. Using the "voice only" feature of Video Chat works very well so why not carry this over?
    07-20-12 05:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD