I paired our Playbook with our 2012 Mazda3 for music and it worked great, except sometimes when we get back in the car no sound comes out. The display on the dash shows the song information and shows the song progressing but there is no sound. The PB also shows the song playing. This only happens intermittently, other times it works great.

I'm just using the music player that came in the PB.

Changing the song, turning the radio off and back on, changing to CD and back to Bluetooth or even turning the car off and back on doesn't change it.

Pausing the song on the PB or stopping and restarting the song also doesn't make any sound come out.

If I shut off the PB and go back to the Sony player via bluetooth and then try the PB later it will work again.

Any ideas?
    Last edited by ta240; 07-17-12 at 02:41 PM.
    07-17-12 02:32 PM
    Do you have other BlueTooth devices associated with it, like your BB? I've noticed with my bluetooth headset that it seems to default to the last device connected for audio. The next time it happens, try going into BlueTooth settings. It will probably show your car stereo first and your other device 2nd. Select your car audio device, when it shows the device properties, Click on Disconnect Device. Once it disconnects, go back in and reconnect it. Your audio should play again after that.
    07-17-12 03:28 PM
    I'll try deleting the other devices for now from the listing. The goal is if I can get it to work every time just leaving a dedicated PB in the car for music (and anything else we might need a PB for whilst out and about).

The only way it will work is if we don't have to touch the PB. It isn't really feasable to dig it out each time we get in the car or wait to see if it has audio.

I'm starting to loose my mind with this car, Mazda didn't put USB ports in any of the Mazda3s so I keep trying to find a good method for getting music.
    -Tried a Sony MP3 player and it sounds good and shows song info on the dash but it doesn't reconnect automatically and goes to sleep after about 10 minutes of not being used and doesn't automatically wake up when it senses a signal again.
    -Tried a Nokia X2 phone, it connected automatically every time and shows song info but sounds terrible.
    -Tried a Sony Mix phone and it connects automatically every time and sounds good but doesn't show any song info on the dash.
    -Tried a Gromm USB adapter but it is very buggy.

Thought the Playbook would be a great option and it sounds good when sound comes out and shows song info and has full control from the radio. It is just a pain starting out driving and then once it connects finding that it isn't getting any audio through and then it is 'dig out the playbook and reset it'.

I've seen mixed results with android phones and iPhones in forums so there doesn't seem to be a perfect option yet.
    Last edited by ta240; 07-18-12 at 11:48 AM.
    07-17-12 04:17 PM
    Anyone use their playbook for bluetooth streaming to their car?

I tried making the car the only device on the pb but no improvement

When we get back in the car after more than a couple minutes the pb reconnects and the song shows that it is playing and the songs change forward and back and the song info shows on the dash. But no sound comes out. If I restart the pb then it works. I'd like to skip that step
    12-16-12 08:23 PM
    Anyone use their playbook for bluetooth streaming to their car?

I tried making the car the only device on the pb but no improvement

When we get back in the car after more than a couple minutes the pb reconnects and the song shows that it is playing and the songs change forward and back and the song info shows on the dash. But no sound comes out. If I restart the pb then it works. I'd like to skip that step
    Have you tried going into the BT settings (Main Options) and tapped the device (the car) and disconnected/reconnected? I do not mean UNpair, at least, not yet.
    12-17-12 12:00 AM
    Have you tried going into the BT settings (Main Options) and tapped the device (the car) and disconnected/reconnected? I do not mean UNpair, at least, not yet.
    I haven't tried that but I need it setup so that we don't have to touch the PB to get the music playing so we can leave it in the glove box. Right now we have a Sony MP3 player that works great except it disconnects the BT when we turn the car off for more than a minute too so every time we get back in the car we have to get it out and reconnect it. Not a lot of work but when you are running errands and in and out of the car a 6-10 times it gets to be a bit of a pain.

I was hoping the PB would be a better solution while also giving us a handy tablet in the car for whenever we needed it.
    12-17-12 02:38 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD