One of the things we're using the Playbook for is to replace a portable DVD player we used to have for the kids in the car. I've got a suitable headrest mount (and all the cables for a TV when we reach our destination).. all listed in this post.

However, one thing that would be really useful is a bluetooth keyboard which my wife can use from the front seat to control the volume of the PB.. and maybe switch from video to video or pause playback. I've seen links on these forums to various keyboards & most of the time people say the media controls don't work.

Does someone know of a cheap keyboard which has media controls that do work (mainly interested in the volume control) & is available in the UK?
    03-04-12 01:29 PM
    Do you have BB phone? Surely you can do this through the new bridge? If not, apologies, I have just bought a headrest mount for my 4yo to watch Peppa Pig on long journeys and assumed you could.
    03-04-12 04:05 PM
    Slightly on and off topic at the same time dependent on wether this helps OP or not... does anyone know how the Bluetooth headset connectivity works? could i link the PB audio to a Bluetooth car hands free and have the audio come out the cars speakers and then use the stereos volume to control it
    03-04-12 04:16 PM
    Yes you can, I have by headphones and you use by for volume, also pb connects to my car via bt and I use car volume control not pb as pb volume control is overridden by whatever it is connected too.
    03-04-12 04:55 PM
    Do you have BB phone? Surely you can do this through the new bridge? If not, apologies, I have just bought a headrest mount for my 4yo to watch Peppa Pig on long journeys and assumed you could.
    Hmm, no I don't have a BB phone. I've had a search around and it doesn't look like it can do that.

So I'm still looking for a (cheap) solution which can control the Playbook volume remotely. Any more ideas anyone?
    03-05-12 03:07 AM
    I'm now looking at getting bluetooth receiver like this one and pair it with the Playbook.. then I can pipe the audio through the car stereo. Does anyone do this with theirs? I'm guessing the audio output from the PB itself will mute when it knows it's playing via bluetooth?
    03-09-12 09:23 AM
    Just an update for anyone considering setting up a similar in-car entertainment system for their kids; I ended up using an FM-transmitter (which I already had sitting in a drawer) with the Playbook & it was perfect!

It transmitted at 107.9 and didn't get any interference. I could control the volume from the steering wheel, and I set the fade/balance to have it only coming out of the rear left speaker.. perfect!!

Playbook rocks!
    03-19-12 05:59 AM
    I just got back from a spring break trip. The kids just used headphones with their PlayBooks. I had thought about a headrest mount, but in the end they just used the Playbooks on their laps. One of my sons is only eight and he would not be able to reach the Playbook if it was on a headrest mount since we have a pretty big vehicle (Suburban) and it is a long way from his seat to the one in front.
    03-19-12 09:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD