Went to the local Best Buy and bought a Motorola H730 Bluetooth headset.

Works as expected with my Galaxy Nexus.
    It pairs with my WiFi Play-book running 2.1.0.840 but Device Properties for the headset says "No available services".

Does anyone have a Bluetooth headset working with the play-book?
    09-05-12 04:36 PM
    Yep. I have Jawbone Icon. Works great with my playbook.
    09-05-12 05:36 PM
    Has anybody had success pairing stereo headsets that have a microphone ?

Like;

Motorola S305

Amazon.com: Motorola S305 Bluetooth Stereo Headset w/ Microphone (Black) - Retail Packaging: Cell Phones & Accessories

Nokia BH505

Amazon.com: Nokia BH-505 Bluetooth Stereo Headset - White: Cell Phones & Accessories

Or any other comparable product.

Tks
    09-05-12 07:24 PM
    I have the Motorola S10-HD headphones paired to my PB and work well for listening. However, the PB does not recognize the microphone.
    DrBoomBotz likes this.
    09-05-12 09:18 PM
    I have the Motorola S305 connecting to both of my PlayBooks. One is running OS2.0.1.668 and the other is running beta 2.1.0.840. I also have a Samsung WEP870 connecting on the unit with 2.0.1.668.
    09-05-12 09:48 PM
    I have the Motorola S305 connecting to both of my PlayBooks. One is running OS2.0.1.668 and the other is running beta 2.1.0.840. I also have a Samsung WEP870 connecting on the unit with 2.0.1.668.
    Thanks for the info.... I want to get a set for my phone, buy having it work on the PB would be a huge plus.... I can get that model for amazon usa for pretty cheap...

Tks
    09-06-12 04:34 AM
    I have the Motorola S305s and they work great with the PB, but the mic isn't recognized. I also have -- and recommend -- the LG Tone HBS-700 if you prefer in-ear buds, as opposed to the on-ear S305. They also work terrific with the PB.
    09-06-12 07:25 AM
    I have the Motorola S305s and they work great with the PB, but the mic isn't recognized. I also have -- and recommend -- the LG Tone HBS-700 if you prefer in-ear buds, as opposed to the on-ear S305. They also work terrific with the PB.
    Does the microphone work on the LG headset with your playbook?

I believe the baseline functionality of bluetooth headsets is

audio out
    audio in
    call control(answer hangup etc..)

I suspect that the audio functions map to HSP or headset profile
    and call control maps to HFP or hands free profile

AFAICT the playbook does not support either of these profiles.

My Motorola H730 does all of those things with my Galaxy Nexus but I can not hear music from the music app because the H730 does not support A2DP (Advanced Audio Distribution Profile).

You know, a lotta ins, lotta outs, lotta what-have-you's.
    09-06-12 09:44 AM
    Lets hope that this all gets resolved with BB10. It would be a travesty if they released the os with no support for mic's. I will pu a pair, the are for my BB phone, but using them on the PB is also beneficial.
    09-06-12 07:45 PM
    Went to the local Best Buy and bought a Motorola H730 Bluetooth headset.

Works as expected with my Galaxy Nexus.
    It pairs with my WiFi Play-book running 2.1.0.840 but Device Properties for the headset says "No available services".

Does anyone have a Bluetooth headset working with the play-book?

Its quite straightforward: does your headset support the audiosteaming bluetooth profile A2DP? (all headphones and some headsets do) If so then you can use your headset for audio streaming from the playbook. There is currently no support for the telephone headset bluetooth profiles HSP and HFP on the playbook but some support is planned for bb10. See also statement from a rim-developer:

Bluetooth headset "No available services" - BlackBerry Support Community Forums

Cheers,
    fk
    09-11-12 06:52 AM
    I got Sony Bluetooth headphones working with no problems.
    09-11-12 07:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD