I've been so happy playing with my PlayBook and thought it'd be awesome to watch movies on the plane without wires...
    Does the airline allow Bluetooth transmitters to be used while in flight?
    04-21-11 05:02 PM
    So it supports bluetooth for bridge, keyboards and mice, but not audio? Maybe an oversight on RIM's part?
    04-21-11 06:36 PM
    So it supports bluetooth for bridge, keyboards and mice, but not audio? Maybe an oversight on RIM's part?
    Definitely functionality that will be added to the Bluetooth stack in a future OS upgrade. All the hardware is there, just not the drivers required to enable the audio functioality -- or so I've been told by more knowledgeable techies on this forum - whom I trust completely! )

I figure by June or July RIM will have filled most of these gaps that they just didn't have time to get into the initial release.

People need to remember that the OS is a '1.0' release - rushed to the market for sure (for all kinds of valid business reasons that some people may not agree with or understand) but given the ease of OTA updating, not a big deal for those that have a modicum of patience.

Personally, I'd much rather be using a 1.0 release of the Playbook O/S than a 2.0 release of any other product, after having a taste of what where RIM is going with this device!
    thedark722 likes this.
    04-22-11 11:09 AM
    My wife and I travel a fair bit. I use my Motorola BT headphones with my Torch (phone & wifi signals turned off) and not one stewardess has ever asked me to turn it off. But, that could also be because they have not noticed exactly how I'm using them. My phone is usually tucked into the magazine holder in front of me out of site.
    04-22-11 11:38 AM
    ditto last comment... I've had an iPad1 and an Android 2.2 tablet along the road to PlayBook -- everything i've seen so far says RIM is totally on the right path.

I dumped my 9780 for Android because Android is just that much ahead, but the PlayBook is is definitely a force for reckoning, maligned as it is in the press. A2DP is a bump (I wasted an hour before figuring out it was missing) but patience is king, I'm sure we'll get it shortly.
    04-28-11 02:17 PM
    I tried to connect with my Jabra Bluetooth Stereo Headset. it's paired but not working with sound. It seems that I have to wait for a software update fix, hopefully.
    05-08-11 01:03 PM
    Please make bluetooth audio work in version 2.0.
    09-29-11 08:01 PM
    Please make bluetooth audio work in version 2.0.
    Amen, my brother! It is WAY past time to have A2DP on this awesome slab!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-29-11 08:08 PM
    You are all amazing (at least most of you).
    My Motorola works fine with my BB9810. I hope Bberry is listening.

Cheers!
    10-21-11 01:32 PM
    Goes to show the bad state of affairs at RIM when very rudimentary functions are missing and continue to be missing a year later.
    10-21-11 04:18 PM
    The Playbook has only been out since April dude.. I am anxious for stereo bluetooth also, but let's not make it seem worse than it is. It's been 6 months, not a year..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-11 04:21 PM
    Am also suggesting that it will not be available 6 months down the road. Also, this thing must have been on the drawing board for more than a year.
    10-21-11 05:28 PM
    Recently read a post by someone testing out the OS/2 beta (can't find the reference right now) and he confirmed that A2DP wireless bluetooth connnectivity was available and working. If this can be confirmed, hopefully we will finally see this functionality in the very near future.!
    10-22-11 10:59 AM
    I can certainly pair my Sony Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth earphone and on the PB is shows A2DP as one of the services but it doesn't seem to let me connect.
    10-22-11 11:31 AM
    I can certainly pair my Sony Ericsson MW600 Bluetooth earphone and on the PB is shows A2DP as one of the services but it doesn't seem to let me connect.
    Well, at least the A2DP service is there, which is the prerequisite for wireless audio bluetooth! Version 1.07 does not have this appearing. Hopefully in the production release everything will work without any issues. Thanks for the additonal info.
    10-23-11 02:36 PM
    Both my bluetooth music receiver and headphones are working nicely now my PB has been upgraded to with 2.0. Fantastic! Well done RIM.
    ranchlizard likes this.
    02-21-12 04:13 PM
    yep spot on now! i am very happy!
    02-21-12 04:19 PM
    Both my bluetooth music receiver and headphones are working nicely now my PB has been upgraded to with 2.0. Fantastic! Well done RIM.
    Let's not go over the top here -- there are other things in 2.0 that are much more worthy of praise. The lack of an A2DP profile was a big oversight. I wouldn't call it a job "well done" to finally put in something that should have been there to begin with.
    02-21-12 04:27 PM
    Let's not go over the top here -- there are other things in 2.0 that are much more worthy of praise. The lack of an A2DP profile was a big oversight. I wouldn't call it a job "well done" to finally put in something that should have been there to begin with.
    It takes less effort to smile and be nice and it more rewarding.
    02-21-12 04:31 PM
    less effort? is that how you decide what to do and say? whatever requires less effort? you must work for rim!!! a total joke that it took them this long to include a2dp and it is buggy on top of that...not that i'm surprised...
    02-22-12 08:06 PM
    I have paired and used 2 different bluetooth headsets to my PlayBook (separately) - nothing special. Both are cheap head sets. Samsung WEP870 and Motoroka S305. No issues with paring. Using the S305 as I type this.
    Just Me likes this.
    02-22-12 08:54 PM
    Won't happen cause there is no way to enter the blackberry number code to pair the jambox with playbook. Total crap. Fix this rim now.....
    10-16-12 04:08 PM
    ive never had a problem
    10-16-12 04:31 PM
    Won't happen cause there is no way to enter the blackberry number code to pair the jambox with playbook. Total crap. Fix this rim now.....
    What are you talking about? I use my jambox with my PB all the time without issue.

RCK

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps using Tapatalk 2
    10-16-12 05:11 PM
    The Sony MW600 work on the PlayBook. I tried to connect them to both my phone and the tablet but it didn't work that way. I will have to try the set up again with both devices.
    10-16-12 05:30 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD