is anyone else having trouble with using bluetooth headphones with the playbook. I have a pair of Motorola S9's. I can get it to pair with the playbook but it won't connect?...any ideas?....
    04-19-11 12:51 PM
    You're not the only one. I have the S9-HDs and yes it pairs up, but no connection. No complaints though. Everything else has been good. I'll wait to see when this gets resolved.
    thedark722 likes this.
    04-19-11 01:14 PM
    When I get home in a few hours Ill test it out with my S10's
    thedark722 likes this.
    04-19-11 01:22 PM
    On the phone with RIM tech support to see if we can work this thing out...will post results...if any.
    04-19-11 02:14 PM
    Same issue with RocketFish bluetooth headphones... I would be suprised if this gets fixed by software relase
    04-19-11 02:47 PM
    I'm also experiencing the same problem with my Motorola Rokr S9-HD headphones. Most annoying! I hope they fix that with a software update sometime soon!
    04-19-11 06:36 PM
    Also problems with Jabra Bluetooth headset, Creative wireless speakers, etc.. None of my Bluetooth devices work - all pair, but no services available.
    04-19-11 06:45 PM
    Same issue here with Sony headphones.
    04-19-11 06:46 PM
    Ok folks, so I actually looked at the Help app and the PB doesn't have the required BT profile (A2DP) to use with BT headphones. Hopefully that will come in an update.
    manofice1 likes this.
    04-19-11 07:16 PM
    Same issue with S10, no services.
    04-19-11 07:40 PM
    I hope RIM does release a fix for this soon. As much as I don't mind using my wired headphones while watching a movie, it is a drag while listening to music. All in all though THIS DEVICE is FUEGO!!!
    04-20-11 06:40 AM
    Ok folks, so I actually looked at the Help app and the PB doesn't have the required BT profile (A2DP) to use with BT headphones. Hopefully that will come in an update.
    Is lack of A2DP a hardware issue (which means we are SOL, or a software/driver issue, which means sit tight and wait for an update?
    04-20-11 08:29 AM
    It's just a software issue. They just need to add the profiles to the BT stack.
    04-20-11 09:12 AM
    It's just a software issue. They just need to add the profiles to the BT stack.
    Good - so hopefully we will see an update in the near future that resolves this issue. I would think that full BT support would be pretty high on the list of future enhancements, because it enables so many other uses. It also makes sense that they would ship the PB with BT support for keyboard before audio, if they had to prioritize what came first.
    04-20-11 01:34 PM
    Same here! Just amazing to me that this is not ready out of box! Rim is just horrible with new devices and there release.
    04-20-11 02:06 PM
    Yeah, My playbook won't work with my Blackberry stereo gateway either
    04-20-11 02:12 PM
    Add another- I have 3 different bluetooth headsets/ headphones, disappointed this basic function was not added in first release.
    04-20-11 03:45 PM
    especially because they said it was a2dp compatible. this thing is turning into an exercise in frustration. it's cool in a lot of ways but i am keeping the receipt close by and a close eye on the 14 day return period. i can say for sure that if this bluetooth thing is not fixed by then it is going back and will be replaced by an ipad2. too many bugs!
    04-20-11 07:13 PM
    especially because they said it was a2dp compatible. this thing is turning into an exercise in frustration. it's cool in a lot of ways but i am keeping the receipt close by and a close eye on the 14 day return period. i can say for sure that if this bluetooth thing is not fixed by then it is going back and will be replaced by an ipad2. too many bugs!
    I too am really bummed that you can't use a BT headset for audio playback..This is a deal breaker for me. A2DP is such a common BT profile these days in even the most basic smartphone. I am getting frustrated beyond belief with this device. I too will be returning within 14 days if they do not release a fix. I feel like I'm using a $530, overpriced web browsing device tht can play flash content well and that's about it.
    04-20-11 08:04 PM
    After I loaded the bridge software on my phone, I am not able to connect my Bluetooth headphones with my cell phone or playbook. Is anyone else having this same problem? I wonder if only the people with at&t are having this problem because we downloaded an unsupported app as a workaround!!!!
    04-20-11 09:55 PM
    Yesterday I loaded the Bridge software on my Verizon 9650/Bold and used my Moto S9's today. I do not have a PB but tested a few out yesterday - I guess by "thinking" I missed any opportunity for a while to acquire a 32gig unit.
    04-20-11 11:46 PM
    my bold 9700 has no issues with connecting to bluetooth audio devices (such as the gateway) while also bridged to the playbook. my problem is that the playbook will only bluetooth (bridge) to the phone. will pair with any bluetooth device but will only connect to the phone.
    04-21-11 06:14 AM
    If only I read this post about 30 minutes ago!!! I just ordered a set of Bluetooth Headphones from Amazon!!! URGGHHH!

I've been so happy playing with my PlayBook and thought it'd be awesome to watch movies on the plane without wires...

UPSIDE - everything else works... no bugs or errors that a lot of others are having with their PB. Bridged without incident... so screw you AT&T! And HULU to for shutting of your service to PB users!
    04-21-11 04:46 PM
    last week i saw a guy from blackberry that doing demo of the playbook and he had a paire of logitech bluetooth speaker and he was playing music on them so there must be a way!!!
    04-21-11 05:00 PM
    he is suppose to be there tomorow i will go and see him
    04-21-11 05:00 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD