I tried searching for this question but couldn't find anything, although it's probably been discussed somewhere.

My question is, can I send a file from my phone via bluetooth? I know the file viewer over the BB Bridge isn't working at the moment. I'm trying to send some pictures from my phone to the PB.

When I select a photo, and then from the menu choose "send using bluetooth", and pick the Playbook, I get a "Failed to find service" error.
    04-21-11 07:35 AM
    i have the same issue .. any new info on if this can work
    01-08-12 02:00 PM
    BT transfer in that manner does not work. It is not enabled on the pb at this time (maybe in the future).

You can get two 3rd party browsers - File Browser and Files&Folders and they can get access to the sd card of a bb phone and transfer to/from using the bt-bridge function. It will not work with a non bb phone.
    01-08-12 02:14 PM
    I tried searching for this question but couldn't find anything, although it's probably been discussed somewhere.

My question is, can I send a file from my phone via bluetooth? I know the file viewer over the BB Bridge isn't working at the moment. I'm trying to send some pictures from my phone to the PB.

When I select a photo, and then from the menu choose "send using bluetooth", and pick the Playbook, I get a "Failed to find service" error.
    In order to transfer files between PB and Phone and vice versa there are two FREE programs you need. For the PB download Bluebox and for your phone download Dropbox, they both work together and you can transfer files to and fro.
    VanCity778 likes this.
    01-08-12 02:25 PM
    In order to transfer files between PB and Phone and vice versa there are two FREE programs you need. For the PB download Bluebox and for your phone download Dropbox, they both work together and you can transfer files to and fro.
    If you have files on your PC, would you also have to be signed up, and have a shortcut on your PC?
    01-08-12 02:35 PM
    If you have files on your PC, would you also have to be signed up, and have a shortcut on your PC?
    If transferring from a PC you can download Bluebox to your PC and then you can access from the PB or phone.
    jafobabe likes this.
    01-08-12 02:42 PM
    If transferring from a PC you can download Bluebox to your PC and then you can access from the PB or phone.
    Excellent! Thanks ..
    01-08-12 03:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD