The name of this thread needs to be updated. I wish people would be conscious of their topic titles........
    05-27-11 09:42 PM
    Got a question for you guys using BlueBox. I'm trying to download a tv show I have stored in my dropbox account. it has downloaded it but it has been stuck on "downloading file 1 of 1...100%" for the past hour. what's happening with it??
    07-05-11 05:18 AM
    chheck ur video to see if its there. if its there means it has finish downloading it
    07-05-11 06:00 AM
    I can see all my files, documents etc, but whenever I go to photos, it says connection error. Anyone else seen this?
    07-05-11 10:29 AM
    didn't want to start a new thread, but just uploaded an avi file (around 355mb) and tried to download it with bluebox, it runs till 100% and just sits there (with the 100% message on screen) but the file is not on the playbook.
    Anyone knows what's going on? or is it just me doing something wrong?
    thanks!
    08-01-11 09:39 AM
    This thread perplexes me...BlueBox has worked perfectly for me from day 1..download, upload, synch all work perfectly...touch wood.

Really is a great app which I use ALOT...and the price is not bad either
    08-01-11 12:59 PM
    I have one .xls that i have problems with, but it seems to be a PB prob rather than a bluebox issue. The app works totally fine for me, and it's exactly what dropbox maybe need to emulate on os6!
    08-01-11 04:10 PM
    Hey guys, I got a question
    So i was trying to download 5 avi files which I uploaded myself onto Dropbox..
    They were 355mb each

At around 60% of the first file, the whole thing suddenly quit/disappeared (bluebox app).
    I went to check videos but didn't see any files (which makes sense since the first video file wasn't even complete)
    My question is...... where did that 60% file go? Because I don't want to waste space on my playbook knowing there is a dead incomplete file that is like 200mb big.

And how do i delete it?

Thanks alot!!!

i also have the same problem as 2 previous members
    I downloaded an avi file. It says download file 100% except..... I can't find it in my video app.
    What's wrong?
    Last edited by kaelz; 11-21-11 at 06:32 AM.
    11-21-11 06:13 AM
    i also have the same problem as 2 previous members
    I downloaded an avi file. It says download file 100% except..... I can't find it in my video app.
    What's wrong?
    Download air browser it's free. If you browse to the documents/BlueBox folder you may see it in there.
    I can't remember if there's a 'download/BlueBox' folder either but worth having a look.
    11-21-11 07:19 AM
    Blue box works very well for me or I access dropbox through Files & Folders.
    11-21-11 07:26 AM
    Blue box works very well for me or I access dropbox through Files & Folders.

Word to my mother on this.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
    11-21-11 07:49 AM
    Bluebox has been working fine for the last 6 months for me...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-21-11 08:03 AM
    I'm using the web version just fine.
    11-21-11 08:08 AM
    Generally, computers (including the pb) will erase or delete incomplete downloads but not always. As mentioned, you can get the free Air Browser from appworld and look around the folders that are accessible. Now, if the pb keeps stuff in its internal/hidden folders, one has to hope they are cleaned up. I know that there's a buried TEMP folder on my Windows' machine and it never cleans up after itself!!!!
    11-21-11 10:06 AM
    The BOX.net app works GREAT and 50gigs free storage for using playbook.
    11-21-11 10:16 AM
    If you are worried that an app may be leaving space allocated in its private folders, just uninstall and reinstall that app. That will delete any private or temporary data it has stored. Any files it created in your shared folders will remain.

Files & Folders lets you copy from/to Box.net, Dropbox and Google Docs and of course the PlayBooks own file system.
    11-21-11 10:42 AM
    hi,

i'm completely new to this world of tablets and such so bare with me please. i'm a student who uses dropbox a lot. i've been thinking getting the playbook, but i hesitate because i dont know how dropbox works in playbook. It seems to me that dropbox does offer a software for blackberry, but it doesn't indicate playbook specifically. This thread so far seems to say that bluebox is the alternative. (if i scanned the thread correct, bluebox isn't designed by dropbox?) But does any of these app syn/download files the way a regular windows dropbox does? automatically syn, upload/download ... the entire deal?

I have an older version of the ipod touch, the dropbox for this device is always dependent on wifi connection to access files. They files aren't downloaded and stored in my ipod. I can't access anything w/o wifi. And this annoys the heck out of me. I have 8GB ipod with some 6GB of empty space but i can't store my school files! I'm a serious student so I don't care much for music, video, games, extra apps and all that stuff.

if anyone knows a better device - more suitable for a serious student, please do recommend. thank you very much!
    11-22-11 02:24 PM
    Using the droid converted dropbox on the os2 beta and works a treat..
    11-22-11 02:27 PM
    Dropbox on the PB works GREAT! First, without loading anything you can just go to the dropbox website in the browser and log into your account just like you would on any computer. But, there are several apps in app world that work great. I sue bluebox and I think it is better than the Blackberry Dropbox app provided by Dropbox. Note that im using software 1.7, not about to go to 2.0 until the official release.
    11-22-11 02:30 PM
    the files are stored for offline use, correct? thanks once again.
    11-22-11 02:35 PM
    The bluebox app does not automatically synch, if that is what you mean. You can download a file and then edit it, but when you are through you have to upload it back to dropbox. It works fine, but you will need wifi connection to connect to dropbox (I dont know if bluebox will work via Bridge)
    11-22-11 02:42 PM
    To clarify (I didnt read what you wrote clearly) Yes, files you download from Dropbox are stored on your PB and you can work on them without a connection, then upload them when you have wifi. Sorry to not make that clear.
    11-22-11 02:48 PM
    Is there a SugarSync app for the PB?
    11-22-11 06:43 PM
    No luck with a search on app world
    11-22-11 07:06 PM
    No luck with a search on app world
    Thanks for looking! Do you know how I can browse the apps available for the PB either online or on my 9800?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-22-11 07:23 PM
64 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD