I thought the big announcement is 1/10 (Tuesday). Right? I read this at Engadget last week I believe.
    I think that article said preview at CES(January 10) and launch around MWC(end of February). Memory not so good these days.
    01-09-12 01:55 PM
    So censorship is the way to go? Silence anyone who has a different opinion? History would tell us that that's not the best way to handle things.
    When someone throws a molotov cocktail into a room (or crowded theater?) - it's probably best to forget about "free speech" and get out the fire extinguisher - not a matter of censorship its a matter of keeping the place from burning down.. despite cries of "let it burn"

Negative opinions can be expressed in here as well - a flaming title is not necessary. IMO
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-09-12 at 02:01 PM.
    01-09-12 01:59 PM
    RIM has rolled out BlackBerry Messenger (aka BBM) v6.1.0.49 today as promised. The new update brings a few nice additions along with NFC support in OS 7.1 and other perks. The main new features according to the download page are the addition of:

http://crackberry.com/bbm-v61049-now-available-download

01-09-12 02:03 PM
    When someone throws a molotov cocktail into a room - its probably best to forget about "free speech" and get out the fire extinguisher - not a matter of censorship its a matter of keeping the place from burning down.. despite cries of "let it burn"

Negative opinions can be expressed in here as well - a flaming title is not necessary. IMO
    I don't see how throwing molotov cocktails and attempting to do harm or destruction of personal property has anything to do with one's right to free speech.

However what is interesting. Because when someone rants(and I say this because of the poster's use of exclamation points) "Ban anyone who doesn't agree with me!!" that smells like censorship to me. Bad road to go down regardless of the intent.

But it might just my particular nose.
    01-09-12 02:08 PM
    To each his nose.
    topic is CES - positive or negative state your piece..
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-09-12 at 02:19 PM.
    01-09-12 02:17 PM
    New QNX Platform to Transform the Automotive Experience with the Power of HTML5 | NerdBerry.net

Platform will enable automakers to create new user experiences, keep vehicles fresh with new features, and leverage the rapid evolution of mobile applications

http://nerdberry.net/2012/01/09/late...-drivers-seat/
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 01-09-12 at 02:31 PM.
    CanadianThomas likes this.
    01-09-12 02:26 PM
    I don't see how throwing molotov cocktails and attempting to do harm or destruction of personal property has anything to do with one's right to free speech.

However what is interesting. Because when someone rants(and I say this because of the poster's use of exclamation points) "Ban anyone who doesn't agree with me!!" that smells like censorship to me. Bad road to go down regardless of the intent.

It is not censorship... There are way to many wind up merchants trolling the CrackBerry forums. That thread had no intention of encouraging healthy debate and it was started purely to provoke a reaction.

How someone could be of the opinion that todays news is a fail is beyond comprehension when RIM announced a first in mobile email. Granted it was only a press release and we have no idea how it stacks up in the real world but at least wait until you read reviews or better yet sample it yourself before calling it a failure.
    01-09-12 02:32 PM
    To each his nose.
    topic is CES - positive or negative state your piece..
    My 'Peace' is two-fold.

1.)As an owner of 4PBs and as someone who has vouched for the potential of this device to the tune of getting 7 friends to buy them at the discounted price. I think CES is a great start.

2.) I also hope that the folks in Waterloo realize that something I used potential investors on a daily basis; "Past performance is not a guarantee of future results." and adopt and modified quote from one of my all time fav movies.

A.B.I - "Always Be Innovating. ALWAYS be innovating!" - Alec Baldwin - Glengarry Glenross. If you've ever had a sales job, you know exactly what I'm talking about.

Cheers!
    01-09-12 02:36 PM

You're free to tell anyone you want that, for example, you can't stand Martha Stewart's recipes. That doesn't mean you should go knock on her front door just to tell her to her face that your mother is a better cook.
    01-09-12 02:40 PM
    It is not censorship... There are way to many wind up merchants trolling the CrackBerry forums. That thread had no intention of encouraging healthy debate and it was started purely to provoke a reaction.

How someone could be of the opinion that todays news is a fail is beyond comprehension when RIM announced a first in mobile email. Granted it was only a press release and we have no idea how it stacks up in the real world but at least wait until you read reviews or better yet sample it yourself before calling it a failure.
    Could not of said it better myself
    alnamvet68 likes this.
    01-09-12 02:42 PM

OT - What are you referring to? I was referring to the poster's actual request to ban others.
    01-09-12 02:43 PM
    OK so meanwhile back at CES - (we don't want to make this another ..you know .. one of those threads)
    Chaddface and DPSydBerry like this.
    01-09-12 02:44 PM
    Yes, I think censorship would require its own thread...

Did they mention any other functions that will be able to access through the bridge? It would be great to be able to use the phone keyboard to control the slides to go app, for remote switching of slides.
    01-09-12 02:52 PM
    I don't know but I would like to know if they are demoing this one:

–Print To Go application – this app allows users to wirelessly “print” from their laptop or PC directly to their BlackBerry PlayBook over Wi-Fi�. A digital printout is created on the BlackBerry PlayBook so that users can view, sort and manage their digital printouts as though they were physical sheets of paper. The Print To Go app is the perfect way to consolidate info from various related sources like a hotel web confirmation, an airline boarding pass email, the show event schedule or even a map of the destination city and make them available for quick access on the go.

BlackBerry announces PlayBook OS 2.0 to go with tablet price cut in India — Phone Mantra
    01-09-12 02:55 PM
    Making Your BlackBerry Smartphone and Tablet a Powerful Pair

–Remote control for the BlackBerry PlayBook – new BlackBerry� Bridge™ features allow a user’s BlackBerry� smartphone to act as a keyboard and mouse for their BlackBerry PlayBook – effectively providing a wireless remote control for their tablet. Perfect for pausing a movie when a BlackBerry PlayBook is plugged in to a TV with an HDMI connection, or for using the tactile QWERTY keyboard on a BlackBerry smartphone to compose a message or document on the BlackBerry PlayBook.

Did they mention any other functions that will be able to access through the bridge? It would be great to be able to use the phone keyboard to control the slides to go app, for remote switching of slides.

This hints at it:

–Opening content on the BlackBerry PlayBook – BlackBerry Bridge allows you to take documents, emails, multimedia files and web pages found on your smartphone and open them quickly and directly on the BlackBerry PlayBook so you can use the larger high resolution display for an optimized viewing and editing experience.
    01-09-12 02:56 PM
    OT - What are you referring to? I was referring to the poster's actual request to ban others.
    To be honest, the person who started that thread deserves a warning. Minimum.

Anyway, the Porsche concept looks interesting although, personally, I wouldn't want my car looking like a christmas tree. With the purchase of QNX, RIM has the unique opportunity with their affiliation with QNX to take mobile computing to the next level by incorporating such functions in future cars but they need to execute and execute properly and get the ecosystem rolling (I can't stress this enough) because such features without content is useless in the real world.

As far as todays OS 2 presser, I am salivating at the mouth. If they can offer me a near desktop like email experience, decent enough document editing tools along with Jotsy coming to the party, my money would have been well spent. I am not big on apps, although I understand the need for them on a mobile platform, just give me the basics to get me through my business day and I am as happy as a pig in e...

PS. Throw SugarSync for PlayBook in my list of wants and you won't hear a peep from me.
    01-09-12 03:08 PM

This is the internet, not the USA. There is no right to free speech here. Forum rules dictate what gets deleted and such, not the US constitution.

I agree with BJ - that other thread was posted was nothing more than a troll, and deserved to be deleted per the forum's policy
    PatrickMJS, Serkle K and AggreX like this.
    01-09-12 03:09 PM
    This is the internet, not the USA. There is no right to free speech here. Forum rules dictate what gets deleted and such, not the US constitution.

I agree with BJ - that other thread was posted was nothing more than a troll, and deserved to be deleted per the forum's policy
    I don't know how you make this about the USA or the US constitution, so maybe you have deeper issues to discuss with someone other than me.

I'm really not trying to muck-up the OPs thread with this, so I will address this specifically to you:

I love my flag, and I would bleed to ensure that her stripes STAY red.

Enjoy your day.
    01-09-12 03:31 PM
    Cant we have one thread without bashing and trash-talking, some of you just need to chill out a bit more....... drink some coffee or chomp some donuts
    01-09-12 03:44 PM
    Meanwhile back at CES...do you think Kevin is drinking coffee and chomping donuts instead of reporting back?

Last post:

"Keep reading for full details and stay tuned to CrackBerry as we bring you back LOTS of hands-on content this week live from the show! "
    01-09-12 03:57 PM
    For goodness sake, Mr. "A Dozen Eggs", get off your high horse. Mr. Porcine Dude was merely saying that folks who complain about censorship and feel they have a right to free speech (something which I believe the U.S. flag & constitution nobly uphold) are missing the point here. Those of us who have been reading these forums for months have noticed a problem with trollish postings, seemingly designed not to inform, not to query, not to legitimately seek info or express opinions, but rather clearly intended to inflame debate, and in particular to unreasonably cast a negative perception over these BB products.

I don't read these postings to satisfy some desire to beat up on someone else... I come here to obtain info about some devices I own. How to use it more effectively, find out about features I might not be aware of, etc. It is pretty annoying when the trolls starting trash talking and asserting problems that are either esoteric or irrelevant. Trust me, it has been a real problem here. You and everyone else are all perfectly free to express yourself as much as you wish, as long as the tone of the message is civil. Theres no need to bleed on your flag!
    Last edited by PatrickMJS; 01-09-12 at 04:08 PM. Reason: omitted words
    01-09-12 04:05 PM
    I don't know how you make this about the USA or the US constitution, so maybe you have deeper issues to discuss with someone other than me.

I'm really not trying to muck-up the OPs thread with this, so I will address this specifically to you:

I love my flag, and I would bleed to ensure that her stripes STAY red.

Enjoy your day.
    Did not mean to offend - just that I've seen the free speech thing so much on many forums and it usually eminates from an American point of view. The internet and America are separate.

I love my American neighbours
    spike12 and hpjrt like this.
    01-09-12 04:07 PM
    wouldn't it be awesome if RIM did some kind of sweepstakes where you could win a qnx porsche?
    01-09-12 04:07 PM
    wouldn't it be awesome if RIM did some kind of sweepstakes where you could win a qnx porsche?
    Yes, but I think there is only one
    This thing really should be shown at the auto shows..
    01-09-12 04:18 PM
    Did not mean to offend - just that I've seen the free speech thing so much on many forums and it usually eminates from an American point of view. The internet and America are separate.

I love my American neighbours
    You mean America and the RIMpire are separate

So back to CES - where is Kevin? We want our live reports!
    01-09-12 04:25 PM
94 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD