Hello i just install beta v 2.1.0.560 dev and i have a lot of problems many apps from apps store not workink like photo studio, video almost nothing problems with avi, mkv and others not supperted. Please help is it any possible to back to 2.1.358
    06-20-12 02:05 AM
    You must do this;

BACKUP FIRST DOESN'T WORK FOR 2.1 !!!!

1 Turn off your PB

2 open up Desktop manager

3 Connect your PB to your PC ( Make sure it is turned off ) ( Now it will start-up )

4 The desktop manager shows something like; 'An error has occurred with the OS'

5 Choose 'Update/Downgrade'

6 Now it will 'Debrick' and reinstall OS 2.0.1.358 !

7 This process could take up to a hour or more
    Bonowski likes this.
    06-20-12 03:58 AM
    Bonowski, how bout just trying to do a reboot first before taking the long way out.. I've been using the OS2.1 and it's working great as of now.. videos and all the other stuff works fine.. I don't use many Android apps.. but the few that I have work fine.. other just get deleted.. and remember.. most Android apps are blindly ported.. the testing remains upto you.. don't get confused..
    Bonowski likes this.
    06-20-12 04:42 AM
    Bonowski, how bout just trying to do a reboot first before taking the long way out....
    Very true, you may cause your self a great deal of time and aggravation for nothing, I've been trying the beta for a week now and have had no problems with one exception, I've been retrying some android app's that would not run or would run improperly under 2.1.358, yesterday I retried Leo's RC Simulator and it's now working great under 2.1, but the one thing I've found is when I get a "Force Close" that's when things get screwy, after a force close or when the android player just opens and closes without running the app I have problems with the browser, closes on it own, screen is jumpy and twitchy, and the video player does some funny things as well, but a hard reset seem to clear every thing up and the PlayBook runs smooth again.
    06-20-12 06:58 AM
    He has to wait 24 hrs before debricking otherwise it'll just update to the beta during setup
    06-20-12 09:20 AM
    2.1 is technically for developers only. Maybe you revert to OS 2.0 if you are having issues.
    06-20-12 11:09 AM
    How long does it normally take for betas to be released with full functionality?
    06-20-12 11:37 AM
    How long does it normally take for betas to be released with full functionality?
    As you would quote from a RIM executive: "Soon - it's coming"
    06-20-12 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD