tried pluggin my playbook into my comp i have tried every usb port will not register at all but when i plugged it into my laptop worked fine any sugg on wht i can do here????? i uninstalled program rebooted and tried to plug in again now it says no drivers found wht do i do know:>>>
    Last edited by cinnamontoast4; 02-26-14 at 05:44 PM.
    02-26-14 04:20 PM
    Are you using the USB cable that came with the Playbook or just a random USB cable? That may have an effect. Also, did you try rebooting the Playbook?
    Carl Estes likes this.
    02-26-14 09:32 PM
    tried pluggin my playbook into my comp i have tried every usb port will not register at all but when i plugged it into my laptop worked fine any sugg on wht i can do here????? i uninstalled program rebooted and tried to plug in again now it says no drivers found wht do i do know:>>>
    Are you running the same version of windows on your computer as on your lap top? Describe your system a little better.
    02-26-14 10:34 PM
    02-27-14 05:55 AM
    You need to make sure you are using the DATA cable that came with the PB, not just any micro/usb cable, some are just charging cables,
    AND WILL cause issues.
    What Windows OS are you running? Make sure the wifi on the PB is off, and install a fresh copy of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, not Blackberry Link (for OS10), use the Data cable and it find and map to the PB,

c
    02-27-14 08:37 AM
    There's a similar thread elsewhere, but to Carl's point, make sure you have the current version of the BB Desktop Manager on your computer. Then connect the PB. The Desktop Manager will re-load the proper drivers, and your PC should recognize it. It may take a minute or two.
    02-27-14 09:27 AM
    yes and yes i did
    02-27-14 01:47 PM
    yes i am using the one that came with it i am using windows 7 on my comp and windows xp on the laptop but that said i put a movie on my playbook about two months ago with the same operating system on my comp so not sure now why all of a sudden it wont work ok well i did wht you suggested and its says no driver found?
    02-27-14 01:57 PM
    If your windows is on 64 bits there will be always issues
    Also make sure you disable your anti-virus

Posted using BlackBerry Z10 via CB10
    02-27-14 02:05 PM
    yes i am using the one that came with it i am using windows 7 on my comp and windows xp on the laptop but that said i put a movie on my playbook about two months ago with the same operating system on my comp so not sure now why all of a sudden it wont work ok well i did wht you suggested and its says no driver found?
    Have you tweaked your security settings/hardware on your PC ? Check Firewall settings?
    I run both PB on a 32 bit Dell and a 64 bit HP and no issues. Make sure the wifi is off on the playbook, and when you plug into the PC, you have net access on the pc only. You might also try another usb port? to force the friver load..

c
    c
    02-27-14 02:22 PM
    c4 - I did have this exact problem the other day, and I use two different W7 computers. The 64-bit one had the problem, and with the PB attached via the data cable, when I started the Desktop Manager, it initially didn't find it. But when I disconnected and then reconnected the PB, it did. And the PB turned up as the "z:" drive in Windows Explorer. BTW, I assume that File Sharing is active on your PB? It doesn't have to be WiFi file sharing if you're connected via USB.
    02-27-14 02:22 PM
    You need to make sure you are using the DATA cable that came with the PB, not just any micro/usb cable, some are just charging cables,
    AND WILL cause issues.
    What Windows OS are you running? Make sure the wifi on the PB is off, and install a fresh copy of BlackBerry Desktop Manager, not Blackberry Link (for OS10), use the Data cable and it find and map to the PB,

c
    How do you identify which one is a data cable versus a charging cable?
    Last edited by greg8299@yahoo.com; 02-28-14 at 09:47 AM.
    02-27-14 09:09 PM
    I know what might be your problem. Go to Settings > Storage > USB Connection it should be set to auto detect or force to Windows.

Cheers!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-14 09:32 PM