Anyone have any ideas for me?

My playbook is approx 6 months old. Still under warranty, about 2 months ago the charger that came with the playbook died so I called Blackberry and they told me I would receive a brand new replacement charger within 7-10 days. 29 days later, I received a new charger. Approx one month later, the replacement charger dies. I emailed Blackberry twice using the same INC number from the previous charger incident with no reponse. I called today and told them my issue and Henrique stated that they will only allow one replacement for each accessory clearly stated in the manual. I responded that I see no such thing in the manual regarding a one time exchange and I told him that I see nothing addressed in the warranty about if Blackberry sends me a defective replacement. I was told that they cannot replace the replacement and that I am &&^& out of luck. I am wondering on how can they sell a product with defective accessories, then send me out a defective replacement and then wash their hands of me? I think that they are making a terrible mistake as I dont feel this is very professional to not stand behind their product. Especially when I just went out a purchased a new Q10 under a 3 year plan and I am only into it for one week. It really wants me to wash my hands of them. Now I have a playbook that wont charge unless I go out and spend money on an accessory that they should be providing to me under warranty. Any suggestions?

thanks in advance
    05-16-13 07:19 PM
    Mate, I know how you feel, and I'm sorry you are experiencing this. But I must say, BlackBerry gave you 2 chargers that were working fine. So I would say its unreasonable to blame them. While I'm not saying you're at fault here, make sure that you are plugging the charger into the correct voltage, etc, and make sure it's used as intended, not coiling the charger because you'll break the wiring. This is the first time I've heard of this problem, and I've been on this forum for almost 6 years.
    I know the warranty for accessories are a bit more strict. Warranties on the PlayBook are for the whole period, doesn't matter how many times you send it in for.
    I can say for a fact that I have used my charger for almost 2 years now, and it is still working perfectly. Having said that, you can charge yoru PlayBook using your Q10 charger. It may be slightly slower, but it charges nevertheless.
    05-16-13 07:30 PM
    Sorry tonhear that, the Playbook uses a microusb port so any microusb cable could charger. Wven the charging cable from the Q10 could charge it
    05-16-13 07:30 PM
    Sorry tonhear that, the Playbook uses a microusb port so any microusb cable could charger. Wven the charging cable from the Q10 could charge it
    Yes, the gist of it is true. Not ALL microusb can charge it though. The voltage of the PB charger is 1.4 A, while the Q/Z10 chargers are 0.75 A. Anything less of 0.75A, like the chargers for the legacy devices will not charge the PB enough that it actually gains charge, it burns more than it charges. That's why plugging into the computer will not charge.
    I really don't want to be mean, but OP, if you run through a charger in 1-2 months, under normal circumstances, I would assume it is more of an user issue. However, you could have had just really bad luck, and you got 2 from a bad batch. Hope you figure it out
    05-16-13 07:35 PM
    Ummm, my first charger lasted 4 months, the replacement lasted approx one month and I usually plug it in every three days. All my BlackBerry phone chargers outlasted the phones and i have owned BlackBerry phones since they were known as clearnet. You would think a playbook charger would last longer than a month if used as i do.
    05-16-13 07:40 PM
    Hmmm, all I can say is I'm sorry for the bad luck.
    Try calling again and set up a new ticket. Maybe a different person may send you a new one? You may have to send this one back to let them see it wasn't user based issue.
    That's all I can think of.
    05-16-13 07:44 PM
    Call and ask to be elevated to a supervisor. Good luck (they do not warranty their rapid chargers at all!!!!)
    05-16-13 08:59 PM
    Call and ask to be elevated to a supervisor. Good luck (they do not warranty their rapid chargers at all!!!!)
    F2 I am assuming you didn't quote your usual list of support contacts cuz u figured I knew them all already

Thanks for the responses. Just pissed more than anything. They just sound like they read out of a manual and then re-read the same thing over and over until you hang up.
    05-16-13 11:42 PM
    F2 I am assuming you didn't quote your usual list of support contacts cuz u figured I knew them all already

Thanks for the responses. Just pissed more than anything. They just sound like they read out of a manual and then re-read the same thing over and over until you hang up.
    Since you had spoken with them, I did not think a rehash of my boring list was necessary. Even getting a supervisor may not help. Ask me how I know the travel rapid charger does not have a warranty!!!!! I did get satisfaction ultimately because they foolishly inquired about my satisfaction with my call to their service department - I TOLD THEM! Someone called to ask more and she offered a replacement travel charger because I had been given a run around - NOT because mine was defective!

Not very satisfying, but if necessary, at least, they are going fairly cheaply if you need to do your own replacement.

Good luck
    05-17-13 12:55 AM
    3 1/2 months in my yellow tipped (rapid or fast? ) BB charger and BB nor the retailer were interested unless I paid them �35 for a new one...C*NTS... Both ignored follow up requests or complaints via email, disgraceful really, I have to USB from Sony USB/USB.
    05-17-13 01:17 AM