Last night we decided to watch "The Margin Call". I had seen it listed on the BB Video Store and hadn't seen it on the satellite tv or on Netflix. I looked up the title on rogerebert.com and he had given it 3.5 stars.

So for $4.99, I figured I'd go for it.

It took about 45 minutes to download, located it in the PB Video folder, pressed play and it played smoothly, no stuttering, no video artifacts, really clear picture on my 65" plasma screen, good sound. All in all it was a good movie and the PB performed like a champ.

I really liked using the presenter mode to check the weather forecast during a pause in the movie. Too bad presenter mode isn't available throughout the OS, only in native video playback and ppt slideshows as far as I can tell.

This was my second rental. The first one was (covers eyes in embarrassment) the Three Stooges. It downloaded even faster and was quite funny. A guilty pleasure. I loved how they recreated the zaniness of the original b&w films.

The only downside I see is the wait for the download to complete. When I rent a movie from the satellite service "on demand", it starts right away, like a streaming video. Too bad we can't use that method on the BB Video Store. But other than that picky point, it was really good.
    12-09-12 10:07 AM
    Last night we decided to watch "The Margin Call". I had seen it listed on the BB Video Store and hadn't seen it on the satellite tv or on Netflix. I looked up the title on rogerebert.com and he had given it 3.5 stars.

So for $4.99, I figured I'd go for it.

It took about 45 minutes to download, located it in the PB Video folder, pressed play and it played smoothly, no stuttering, no video artifacts, really clear picture on my 65" plasma screen, good sound. All in all it was a good movie and the PB performed like a champ.

I really liked using the presenter mode to check the weather forecast during a pause in the movie. Too bad presenter mode isn't available throughout the OS, only in native video playback and ppt slideshows as far as I can tell.

This was my second rental. The first one was (covers eyes in embarrassment) the Three Stooges. It downloaded even faster and was quite funny. A guilty pleasure. I loved how they recreated the zaniness of the original b&w films.

The only downside I see is the wait for the download to complete. When I rent a movie from the satellite service "on demand", it starts right away, like a streaming video. Too bad we can't use that method on the BB Video Store. But other than that picky point, it was really good.
    Patrick i agree that it works well. I also wait until the downloads are done to start watching however i do believe there is an option to start watching it after "x" amout is downloaded. Hopefully with the availability of videos in the bb10 blackberry world there will be more sales volume and the prices will go down. I have purchased about 4 movies. My avaerage is about 30 min for a 900 mb movie. I beleive if you access your video store downloaded movies throug the native videos folder that they open in the native player and you can use presenter mode.
    12-09-12 10:18 AM