Had Playbook for about three weeks. Just notice it won't open .pdf files, rather dialog box opens and asks to save or download the .pdf file. Even if saved/dowloaded, the file won't open. Is this a PB issue, or do I need to purchase Adobe software?

PS - Bold 9650 opens the same files ...

Thanks in advance for the help.
    01-05-12 09:08 PM
    are you opening them directly from a website or are you saving them first? Where are they residing in other words. On the playbook? Because they open just fine on mine.

Describe exactly what you are doing in an attempt to open them are you using a file manager app? You do need adobe reader but I thought it was preloaded. If not you can find it in app world.
    01-05-12 09:16 PM
    i just open adobe reader which lists my pdf files and then click open. works like a charm and looks great.
    01-05-12 09:18 PM
    Go to Security settings and allow Adobe Reader to open up .pdf files.

You are welcome
    01-05-12 09:20 PM
    Have you tried opening them with the Adobe reader app? When you open the app it will show all the pdf files on the playbook. You can also top swipe on the browser to open a menu with option to see the download you just made and open it.

The Adobe reader does have problems opening the occasional pdf created by third party software that may not conform to all the Adobe Pdf standards. If they are essential pdfs, it has been suggested that you can open them on a computer with pdf authoring software and then resave them.
    01-05-12 09:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD