I would rather get the iPad If blackberry ever come out with this.
    Interesting to wonder though...I wonder how it would sell.
    02-02-10 09:29 AM
    If it had the right specs, I would surely consider it! If no webkit, I would hope Opera and Bolt would be compatible. I think the optional cell service is a great idea too, I like what Apple did there. God, IF they do, it better not have a click screen!!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 09:34 AM
    If it has the same tired OS and pitiful browser that all BBs are crippled with it would not get a serious thought from me

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    +1. also do we really need a BB pad?
    02-02-10 09:40 AM
    I would be the first one in the line to get it. :-)

right behind you... lol
    02-02-10 10:05 AM
    I'd probably be the last in line for one....

Lol, we would have to flip a coin for the last spot.
    jpash549 likes this.
    02-02-10 10:37 AM
    What I don't understand is how there is so much negativity about a tablet. I can understand the downsides, but can some of you think into the future? If most of you dismiss BB at all points because of these small faults, then you're missing the big picture. Importantly enough, this device would be better for a business user perhaps who can mock up worksheets or a presentation right at his finger tips on a much larger screen than having to use a storm or a bold.

If a tablet was to be in the works, of course I would expect more memory for apps, better UI interface, more storage for docs, music and movies and much more. The fact that BB is behind on a browser and UI shouldn't make you close the door on a possible "What if". Walt Disney wouldn't have made Disney World without Disney Land.

I don't see how this would be better for a business user than a Win7 tablet.

I also understand that you "expect" those things from RIM, but people have expected a lot of other things from RIM with the CURRENT products they have out now, and RIM continues to deliver the same old ****. I honestly can see RIM just throwing the normal BB OS on a bigger touchscreen device, just like they did with the Storm series.
    02-02-10 11:47 AM
    I don't see how this would be better for a business user than a Win7 tablet.

I also understand that you "expect" those things from RIM, but people have expected a lot of other things from RIM with the CURRENT products they have out now, and RIM continues to deliver the same old ****. I honestly can see RIM just throwing the normal BB OS on a bigger touchscreen device, just like they did with the Storm series.
    Ha, iPhone to iPad. What can't you see not being done? UI can be better, especially if its tested before any consumer gets their hands on it. Yes, RIM will deliver some similar specs on phones, but that will change in the future, and hence allow for a development in a possible tablet if it happens.
    02-03-10 10:05 PM
    I have a laptop, netbook (way better then an Ipad) and a Blackberry. So why would I and others out there like me have a need for a Berry-pad. Blackberrys are for being productive on the go.

Look, I am of the opinion that smart phones will keep getting smarter. Smart to the point that they will exceed the capabilities of laptops. So the whole pad thing is trying to create a need for something that smart phone are starting to takeover. Apples and everyone else's pads and slat pc's will fail.
    02-04-10 12:04 AM
    I have a laptop, netbook (way better then an Ipad) and a Blackberry. So why would I and others out there like me have a need for a Berry-pad. Blackberrys are for being productive on the go.

Look, I am of the opinion that smart phones will keep getting smarter. Smart to the point that they will exceed the capabilities of laptops. So the whole pad thing is trying to create a need for something that smart phone are starting to takeover. Apples and everyone else's pads and slat pc's will fail.
    convergence. maybe you'll need only the -pad and the smartphone??
    02-04-10 12:18 AM
    convergence. maybe you'll need only the -pad and the smartphone??
    The pad would need to be a lot better then the Ipad. I have high expectations, and right now non of the pads are living up to it.
    02-04-10 01:17 AM
    I don't know how this thread got so serious over a hypothetical thought of something innovative. You people have no faith.

02-04-10 10:11 AM
    Going strictly off past experience here. I have to agree with a lot of what's been said here, NOTHING big has happened since the 8300 series devices. RIM has made some really good steps forward, better screens, better cameras, slightly more memory. But in the grand sceme they're falling behind. Very far behind.

Let us store and run apps off the memory card. Or give us a decent amount of internal memory. Bestow upon us a browser worth using.
    02-04-10 10:28 AM
    exactly

why get something that has half the capability of an EEEPC and is 3x the price?

because steve jobs said you should

iCult/iSheep wankers
    I agree , a pure waste of money...
    02-04-10 10:40 AM
    the beauty of the BB and other smartphones is their small portable size. If the device can't fit in my pocket and I have to lug a larger device around, I want as much screen real estate as possible.

I'd rather see them work on a pico projector add-on for BB...
    02-04-10 10:43 AM
    Am I insane or didn't they already do that?
    02-04-10 10:47 AM
    I just want a BB to be as fine tuned as a PC.

02-04-10 11:11 AM
    I don't get all the hate on the BB OS, if it aint broke, don't fix it! Like how Ford waited for the new challenger and Camaro to be out for a bit before they decided to drop the new 5.0 this year(...RIM is a little behind but they tend to do it better when it's their turn.

02-07-10 03:13 PM
    Also, if you're sick of the bb os, maybe you stare at your phoine too much

Last edited by Brew1985; 02-07-10 at 03:18 PM.
    02-07-10 03:13 PM
    I wish

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-07-10 06:16 PM
    this could be an interesting device
    02-07-10 09:16 PM
    I don't get all the hate on the BB OS, if it aint broke, don't fix it! Like how Ford waited for the new challenger and Camaro to be out for a bit before they decided to drop the new 5.0 this year(...RIM is a little behind but they tend to do it better when it's their turn.

I think the point here is: Why take turns in the first place?

Why wait your turn to play catch-up when you can--and should--be a pioneer?

And the whole "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" argument doesn't apply here. No matter how good something is, it can always be improved upon (even Megan Fox; Have you seen her thumbs?!).
    02-08-10 11:13 AM
    wait...now that everyone is posting links to this news, I would have to say I was the first to come up with an eventual idea...hmm...
    06-21-10 10:30 AM
    I just thought this thread was funny.

What if?
    Old thread, playing with your head.
    07-06-12 07:51 PM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD