What if BB was creating one. Say about the size of an Archos 5 or Archos 7. I would so get one. Have everything you need on that bad boy. Would you buy one if BlackBerry did come out with one?

I would be thinking the tablets would have their own PIN, wifi/3G or better, BB Maps intergration on a larger screen, a nice BBM and other apps. It would look so hot. A bigger Storm but with better specs, as mentioned above, like an Archos 5 or Archos 7.

I'm just dreaming of the day...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-10 09:05 AM
    Moving to News and Rumors. Interesting idea thou
    02-01-10 09:09 AM
    If it has the same tired OS and pitiful browser that all BBs are crippled with it would not get a serious thought from me

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    02-01-10 09:18 AM
    If it has the same tired OS and pitiful browser that all BBs are crippled with it would not get a serious thought from me

I never have a thought on it either, but really, if the webkit browser was to get developed faster and hand Berry Users the experience they have been looking for, along with improved navigation, a Tablet for Blackberry could very easily be a better choice for some. I love my Bold, but at the same time, I think I could do without the whole package thing and have a mini BerryTablet instead and just have a dopey phone around. That's just my preference as others I'm sure would be like "Well thats stupid, because a BB can do everything". which I agree, but I feel a tablet could do more minus voice. Well why not just buy a tablet or iPad? Well, I am not interested in any other device. I don't feel the need to abandon BB just yet.
    02-01-10 09:55 AM
    Your points are valid and well taken but here is where i come down on this.

There are already devices (Lenovo {which I have}, iPad etc) that are REAL computers. A giant email and messaging device does not trip my trigger.

I too am not giving up on RIM but for Gods sake I'd rather they stop playing follow the leader and do something innovative.

02-01-10 10:06 AM
    I would be the first one in the line to get it. :-)

02-01-10 10:30 AM
    how about they get the browser out first

and my answer is no....

the app store on BB sucks.... apps are weaker then iphone ones and are triple the price..... I love my berry for bbm and push, and if rim doesnt get it strait my next phone wont be one. let alone thinking of buying a tablet with the dated crappy UI we have to put up with on the phones
    Last edited by amazinglygraceless; 02-01-10 at 10:40 AM. Reason: profanity
    02-01-10 10:32 AM
    Don't worry, it will be the best device out when it comes.

02-01-10 10:42 AM
    i actually do worry since the only diff i see since the curve 8300 is high res screens and processors and more memory. nothing innovative has come out from rim in a VERY long time. all i saw them do in 1 year from the bold 9000 to the 9700 was make it curve size and replace a trackball? im using a 9700 now and not impressed to be honest....
    02-01-10 11:29 AM

Exactly. I wouldn't go anywhere near it. I refuse to look at the BB OS on a bigger screen, and the current BB browser on a bigger screen would just **** me off more than it already does.
    02-01-10 11:38 AM
    Personally, if there was an Archos 7 that could either do voice (besides Skype), or something similar that ran an alternative to the BlackBerry OS, I could go for that.

I've always liked the look of the Archos 5, 7, and 9. If the 9 came with a 120GB hard drive, I would get one in a heartbeat and use Skype while running on wifi. Too bad they suggest not using it while plugged in.
    02-01-10 03:17 PM
    Blackberry OS on a bigger screen...... yuck!
    02-01-10 03:40 PM
    I'd probably be the last in line for one....

02-01-10 04:07 PM
    Why waste $ on iPad and Berry Pad if you got a Win 7 tablet. Why limit yourself?

02-01-10 04:35 PM
    Why waste $ on iPad and Berry Pad if you got a Win 7 tablet. Why limit yourself?

exactly

why get something that has half the capability of an EEEPC and is 3x the price?

because steve jobs said you should

iCult/iSheep wankers
    02-01-10 05:18 PM
    not if it has that stupid clicky screen
    02-01-10 08:25 PM
    not if it has that stupid clicky screen
    LOL, you beat me to it. I was just going to say 'Knowing RIM, the damn screen would click."

As a Storm owner, I felt it was a neat novelty at the start. It got old very quickly, though, particularly for typing. It's not bad when selecting menu options and whatnot, but it's atrocious for typing.
    02-01-10 09:14 PM
    someone should start a concept thread and see what cool ideas some people come up with!
    02-01-10 10:20 PM
    Your points are valid and well taken but here is where i come down on this.

There are already devices (Lenovo {which I have}, iPad etc) that are REAL computers. A giant email and messaging device does not trip my trigger.

I too am not giving up on RIM but for Gods sake I'd rather they stop playing follow the leader and do something innovative.

I completely agree...
    02-01-10 10:56 PM
    I love rimm, but wouldnt get a tablet from them. Their OS is great for a reliable phone, but not a tablet. Dont get me wrong, I would love to rep a bb tablet type item, but unfortunately it wouldnt compete with an windows or apple device.
    02-01-10 10:59 PM
    Tablets are stupid. I will never get one from any company.

02-02-10 12:05 AM
    Tablets are stupid. I will never get one from any company.

I know right... I hate Tablets and they are stupid.
    I hate technology!!!

02-02-10 12:09 AM
    Awesome! A bigger spinner hour glass and bigger crappy browser!
    I can't wait!

RIM needs to fix what they have before they do another thing.

29 days and I'm on vacation from BB, might be permanent.

02-02-10 12:18 AM
    Awesome! A bigger spinner hour glass and bigger crappy browser!
    I can't wait!
    Hahhahahaha

Last edited by jacksonbrian; 02-02-10 at 12:45 AM.
    02-02-10 12:42 AM
    What I don't understand is how there is so much negativity about a tablet. I can understand the downsides, but can some of you think into the future? If most of you dismiss BB at all points because of these small faults, then you're missing the big picture. Importantly enough, this device would be better for a business user perhaps who can mock up worksheets or a presentation right at his finger tips on a much larger screen than having to use a storm or a bold.

If a tablet was to be in the works, of course I would expect more memory for apps, better UI interface, more storage for docs, music and movies and much more. The fact that BB is behind on a browser and UI shouldn't make you close the door on a possible "What if". Walt Disney wouldn't have made Disney World without Disney Land.

02-02-10 09:08 AM
48 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD