i just bought a Blackberry soft shell case on ebay for $7 .. i just want to know if it will work with the charging pod or do i need to remove the soft shell case to use the pod.

Thanks
    05-06-12 04:11 AM
    Assuming you mean the docking charging station and the convertible case, they are not compatible. I bought them as a bundle from RIM and the fact that they're not compatible speaks volumes.

Solution is to buy the Rapid Charger with the too short DC cable.
    05-06-12 07:06 AM
    Assuming you mean the docking charging station and the convertible case, they are not compatible. I bought them as a bundle from RIM and the fact that they're not compatible speaks volumes.

Solution is to buy the Rapid Charger with the too short DC cable.
    I said clearly "soft shell case" not convertible case... Sorry
    05-06-12 07:13 AM
    The OEM charging pod for the the PB is an extremely tight fit on a bare PB, so probably no way to use it with even the thinnest of soft shell cases. I use the "blurex" convertible case (and also Brookstone clip case) with mine and it will only work the case completely opened, but the OEM magnetic rapid charger works with it opened or closed.
    05-06-12 07:27 AM
    My bad. I not familiar with all the ebay items.

The RIM charging Dock isn't designed to accommodate any change in thickness from the bare PB. I have one and never use it.
    05-06-12 07:32 AM
    As Jeffy mentioned - the PlayBook will not fit into the charging crable with ANY cover/sleeve/shell case on it. I have to strip my 2 PB's down naked each night to cradle them - hahaha!!! Whoo-whoo!!!
    JAGWIRE likes this.
    05-06-12 08:43 AM
    Here is a case I bought. It is a zip up case with two zippers that meet in the middle and your PB will fit in it with the rubber skin. It is a nice snug fit too, your PB don't slide around in it. No slop. It fits to the mm.

I wanted it to have two zippers so I could charge it while zipped up, be semi hard, fit with the skin and my wife wanted pink and for it to fit in her purse. So, not too much to ask, right.

I have one that zips all the way around. I picked it up one day and the PB almost slipped out because it was unzipped over half way to charge it.

I know you're talking about the dock, but I thought I throw this in for others and you.

Here is the black one I have on the way:

Eva Case Cover Bag for Amazon Kindle Fire, Nook Color/Tablet,Blackberry Playbook 886489065767 | eBay

It does not have a logo on the case like it appears in the picture so you can't tell top from bottom. I'm gonna mark it some how and my wife put a sticker on hers.

It is really nice, and cheap. But I have also been disappointed that you cannot use a dock with a skin on the PB, meaning you have to take it on and off and the more it is off the more it is going to be handled without it. Kinda sucks.
    05-06-12 02:07 PM
    the Charging stand/pod was made for a 'naked' PB, it will not fit any case that covers any part of the bottom edge/side of the PB...at least that ive seen so far
    05-06-12 02:50 PM
    Thanks for the information guys. I think i'll just use the regular charger with the blackberry soft shell case then... i was thinking to buy the charing pod before that's why.

Thanks
    05-06-12 02:57 PM
    Charging Pods for PB and Charging Pods for BB are the same ...... only works and fits, if naked.

For charging your PB, get the Rapid Charger with the magnetic end, well worth the money and it will save your USB port (from damgages) for backups to your PC.
    Last edited by jafobabe; 05-06-12 at 03:05 PM.
    JAGWIRE and Harryl6134 like this.
    05-06-12 03:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD