And here is why.

So recently I got 'back' into my Playbook, but only for it's native applications, the apps are pretty much dead to me.

I found myself lugging around a small ASUS laptop, which I find very useful it's a windows based one, and it's perfect for what I need it for, but sadly I have a Blackberry phone, and without a Microsoft phone all it's Onenote, and one Drive and stuff like that is strictly kept to my gaming PC and my laptop.
    Now, now, I know since the newest BB10 update, BB'Blend' has allowed me to sync all my stuff from my phone to my computer, but it would never be as smooth and seamless as owning a Microsoft phone.

Anyways, I am rambling. Back on topic.
    BB should not abandon the playbook anymore.
    It's a QNX based system which has the technology to be just that much more quicker than it is, simple fixes like the keyboard, or updating the browser, not only will it keep us playbook users somewhat happy, but it might bring people back to the playbook, and a chance for BB to experiment a little with their QNX software, I am not saying 'LETS GO BB10PB!" I know it cannot work, but honestly, would it be that hard to give us some little software updates to make it into a decent internet browsing machine, that can run bridge smoothly?
    Sometimes I want to sit on my playbook and just read the news, but it's flash player is getting out of date, and half the stuff I cannot look at or 'see'.
    Does anyone agree?
    Has anyone heard anything like this coming?

tl;dr, update browser, keyboard, bridge, it's small fixes and worth the time for BB lovers.
    03-04-15 05:52 PM
    BlackBerry likely doesn't want to put anymore resources into development for the PlayBook. Those are better put elsewhere. It's like asking an auto maker to take a model from 1989, then update all it's components to modern standards. Not impossible, but not worth it. No company, especially in tech, can afford to support a product indefinitely.
    03-04-15 06:47 PM
    If they just brought back full bridge capabilities that would be more than enough for me to enjoy the pb again

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 06:51 PM
    A few tweaks here and there like update the browser and Android Runtime wouldn't cost a lot and would make a few hundred thousand (at the very least) BlackBerry loyal very happy...Come on BlackBerry you know it makes sense!!

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 07:34 PM
    I don't think they should abandon it either.
    With this size of the new berry Chen seems to like it will fit right in!

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 06:46 AM
    Already abandon and their not coming back.

The thing from the start was a POS.

Move on. Get a real pad.

BlackBerry hates America!
    03-05-15 06:51 AM
    "Blackberry should not abandon the Playbook"

Unfortunately, that ship has already sailed...
    03-05-15 06:56 AM
    It's dead and abandoned, it will never be resurrected again!

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    03-05-15 06:58 AM
    I take it you're the type of gardener that looks at your yellow lawn and says "there are no weeds...there are no weeds...there are no weeds"

It's done and there's no going back. Chen is teasing at thinking about another tablet, but that's just speculation. And speculation with no basis on reality is plain cruel.

So take some time today in silent reflection to the once mighty Playbook...say a prayer to the God you pray to...thank the company for giving it a try...and move on.

Amen.

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    03-05-15 07:00 AM
    They already did abandon the PlayBook. It's been a year now.

I'm sorry for your loss, one day you'll get over it and move on.

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2267 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5
    03-05-15 07:27 AM
    Abandoned by BlackBerry and Loved by Loyal BlackBerry Users....THE BLACKBERRY PLAYBOOK!!!!

*I still use mine and I will as long as it lets me

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 07:50 AM
    OK, I met up with John Chen for lunch today and asked him to throw you guys a bone and release a Bridge update for BB10:

http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/19435

You guys happier now?

Posted from the CB10 app on my BlackBerry Z30 STA100-2/10.3.1.2267 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2.5
    03-05-15 08:43 AM
    OK, I met up with John Chen for lunch today and asked him to throw you guys a bone and release a Bridge update for BB10:

BlackBerry Bridge - BlackBerry World

You guys happier now?

I've had that version for awhile now. I don't think it's new.
    03-05-15 09:21 AM
    I've had that version for awhile now. I don't think it's new.
    LOL! Shows how often I need to Bridge to my PlayBook, never.

My Z10 made it semi redundant 3 years ago to be honest then my Z30 made it extinct.

Last edited by johnnyuk; 03-06-15 at 10:31 PM.
    mh1983 likes this.
    03-05-15 01:19 PM
    2013 just called, they want this thread back.

Posted via CB10
    johnnyuk likes this.
    03-05-15 02:45 PM
    It already did abandon it... but the sensible thing would be to let people request their device to be rooted... so that they can use an OS that is supported.

Posted via CB10
    03-05-15 03:00 PM
    I fully understand where most of you are coming from, yes, I know it's already been thrown away in the trash in the BB building, but in all honesty they would reboot the program for students, interns, make a challenge to take the piece of hardware that is still in today's world decent stats and run it to the max, I'd sign up for these updates.
    The software is there, the hardware is there, just not the resources! So, utilize what you have and do something with it.

But in all fairness, I am just talking to a wall, aren't I?
    I can only dream!
    03-05-15 05:22 PM
    I do wish they had opened up the tablet to loading Android, updated the runtime and maybe even given us the Amazon store. If I could have even Netflix on it I would have been a happy camper.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    03-05-15 08:35 PM
    A few tweaks here and there like update the browser and Android Runtime wouldn't cost a lot and would make a few hundred thousand (at the very least) BlackBerry loyal very happy...Come on BlackBerry you know it makes sense!!

Posted via CB10
    There's approx: 3.5M PlayBook sold.

Posted by Q5
    03-06-15 09:37 PM
    There's approx: 3.5M PlayBook sold.

Posted by Q5
    I'd estimate 3.49M PlayBooks that haven't been switched on in a year.

03-06-15 11:21 PM
    And here is why.

So recently I got 'back' into my Playbook, but only for it's native applications, the apps are pretty much dead to me.

I found myself lugging around a small ASUS laptop, which I find very useful it's a windows based one, and it's perfect for what I need it for, but sadly I have a Blackberry phone, and without a Microsoft phone all it's Onenote, and one Drive and stuff like that is strictly kept to my gaming PC and my laptop.
    Now, now, I know since the newest BB10 update, BB'Blend' has allowed me to sync all my stuff from my phone to my computer, but it would never be as smooth and seamless as owning a Microsoft phone.

Anyways, I am rambling. Back on topic.
    BB should not abandon the playbook anymore.
    It's a QNX based system which has the technology to be just that much more quicker than it is, simple fixes like the keyboard, or updating the browser, not only will it keep us playbook users somewhat happy, but it might bring people back to the playbook, and a chance for BB to experiment a little with their QNX software, I am not saying 'LETS GO BB10PB!" I know it cannot work, but honestly, would it be that hard to give us some little software updates to make it into a decent internet browsing machine, that can run bridge smoothly?
    Sometimes I want to sit on my playbook and just read the news, but it's flash player is getting out of date, and half the stuff I cannot look at or 'see'.
    Does anyone agree?
    Has anyone heard anything like this coming?

tl;dr, update browser, keyboard, bridge, it's small fixes and worth the time for BB lovers.
    Too late, they already abandoned the PlayBook over a year ago!

Posted via CB10
    03-06-15 11:31 PM
    Reading this thread on my playbook
    03-07-15 12:44 AM
    Here's the news: QNX is for cars and for BB diehards who should know better. I'm always amazed that I have time to make a cup of coffee while waiting for the PlayBook to boot up. That's how "fast" and "good" QNX is when RIM acquired the company and added layer upon layer of cruft on it.

QNX may be a fast realtime OS but BBRY made a mess of it on the PlayBook. Now in 10.3 form it's a decent platform but a bit too late to make a difference. So if you hear some crazed BB fan ramble on and on about how powerful QNX is and how it will take the world by storm, just smile a sad little smile and walk away...
    03-07-15 03:49 AM