This is the reason why my brother chose an i phone over any blackberry device. hope blackberry os10 devices will off lower radiation levels

does anyone know the rating of the playbook, or does it matter! i ask because sometimes i use the playbook on my lap

thanks
    02-19-12 02:27 AM
    This is the reason why my brother chose an i phone over any blackberry device. hope blackberry os10 devices will off lower radiation levels

does anyone know the rating of the playbook, or does it matter! i ask because sometimes i use the playbook on my lap

thanks
    Any cell phone will emit more rad when the signal coming from towers are weak. Another useless reason why choose iphone over bb.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 02:42 AM
    Your tablet is designed to comply with Federal Communications Commission (FCC), Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC), and Industry Canada (IC) guidelines respecting safety levels of RF exposure for wireless devices, which in turn are consistent with the following safety standards previously set by Canadian, U.S., and international standards bodies:
    • ANSI�/IEEE� C95.1, 1999, American National Standards Institute/Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers Standard for Safety Levels with Respect to Human Exposure to Radio Frequency Electromagnetic Fields, 3 kHz to 300 GHz
    • National Council on Radiation Protection and Measurements (NCRP) Report 86, 1986, Biological Effects and Exposure Criteria for Radiofrequency Electromagnetic Fields
    • International Commission on Non-Ionizing Radiation Protection (ICNIRP), 1998, Guidelines
    That's from the Safety and Product Information book for the PlayBook.
    You're going to survive.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 02:51 AM
    Just tell your brother to take off the tin foil hat and buy a BlackBerry. If he is concerned about radiation... then he may be more concerned with Apples disregard for their users privacy.

IE apps sending copies of your contact book to the app maker without informing you. Basicly information theft.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 02:59 AM
    Errr...This stuff does sound scary...but...But think about all those other stuff that is harmful like wifi signals radiation.Cell Tower radiation. TV radiations. .McDonald's french frires that don't decompose .
    auditman and Willard814 like this.
    02-19-12 03:02 AM
    We have here (FR) a severe limitation for phones (must be under 2W/kg).
    apple and blackberry phones share an overall bad rating, but under this limit.
    if your brother is really concerned by this, he'd better choose a samsung, moto or lg device.

Playbook does not emit more than your lap/desktop with wifi since it does not have phone chipset.

So at the opposite of what you may think, using your bridged PB for your mails, facebook, twitter and bbm wil prevent your brain of the PHONE emission. Use your playbook a lot, even with a high rate w/kg phone device; just leave the phone in your bag or purse ... and your health will be ... better !
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-19-12 at 03:39 AM.
    jafobabe and Willard814 like this.
    02-19-12 03:36 AM
    AFAIK it does not give off radiation but it does communicate with radio waves - which is an important distinction. You cannot escape these anywhere, but radio waves do not cause cancer.

Cancer typically occurs when a cell breaks down and its dna string is damaged or broken. This makes it faster for the cell to duplicate (mitosis) and it demands more nutrients - effectively killing nearby cells and speeding up the growth of nonworking cells (i.e. Tumor).

Now, in order for that to happen the cells need to be hot enough to die, break or otherwise change. Radio frequencies are small vibrations and cannot harm cells without extreme change. To put it mildly, no phone is capable of outputting that strong of a vibration.

It *can* cause imbalances in cellular communication and making cells believe they are recieving the wrong response. That means you could experience discomfort or in extreme cases nautia. Your greatest risk to cancer is exposure to chemicals such as common cleaning chemicals, chemicals used to preserve food, or other ingestions which make it easier to break down cellular structure.

All of that said, your most likely to die from a heart attack. But the radiowave freak out is part of a money gathering scheme to sell you more expensive electronics branded a special way instead of purchasing the same hardware for cheap from another country. Sorry its a distraction technique. Oh, and for the record, your body recieves 10x the level of radiowaves naturally. Including much higher peaks, valleys and frequency. You hear his on your radio as static...

Ed.
    02-19-12 04:38 AM
    If you were to walk around with a gieger counter (that picks up radiation levels), you will be surprised to see more than acceptable counts sometimes in our immediate environment. And this is radiation that can cause serious harm to humans/animals for sure.

The devices (PB/BB) uses radio waves, and as KerED mentions above, they are relatively harmless.

However anything in excess is bad- you might have heard of studies trying to link brain tumors to people who talk for long hours on their cell phones- these studies are debatable.

There is a study that talks about feeding too much artificial sugar (like splenda etc.) to mice and they developed cancer, if one even drinks too much water they will die of hypovolemic hypervolemic shock........Bottom line, everything in moderation never harmed anyone.... enjoy the PB.
    Last edited by anindoc; 02-19-12 at 10:16 AM.
    Willard814, jafobabe and KermEd like this.
    02-19-12 10:07 AM
    If you were to walk around with a gieger counter (that picks up radiation levels), you will be surprised to see more than acceptable counts sometimes in our immediate environment. And this is radiation that can cause serious harm to humans/animals for sure.

The devices (PB/BB) uses radio waves, and as KerED mentions above, they are relatively harmless.

However anything in excess is bad- you might have heard of studies trying to link brain tumors to people who talk for long hours on their cell phones- these studies are debatable.

There is a study that talks about feeding too much artificial sugar (like splenda etc.) to mice and they developed cancer, if one even drinks too much water they will die of hypovolemic shock........Bottom line, everything in moderation never harmed anyone.... enjoy the PB.

Actually, hypovolemic shock is critical volume loss of fluids. Too much water would be hyponatremia. Just sayin'...
    Willard814 and anindoc like this.
    02-19-12 10:13 AM
    Actually, hypovolemic shock is critical volume loss of fluids. Too much water would be hyponatremia. Just sayin'...
    dang Al, I wanted to say Hypervolemic shock.. thanks for correcting me
    P.S. Made the correction
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 10:15 AM
    who is holding their tablet to their ear?
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 10:17 AM
    For starters, throw away your microwave and possibly your LCD tv just for starters.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 10:18 AM
    dang Al, I wanted to say Hypervolemic shock.. thanks for correcting me
    P.S. Made the correction
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 10:20 AM
    Isn't this the same scare tactic that came out with the first cell phones? Standards are better regulated now.
    Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 10:51 AM
    People that buy iPhones over BlackBerry for that reason makes me

Willard814 likes this.
    02-19-12 11:04 AM
    Do an internet search, you'll read about a phones' SAR value...that's what the OP is probably comparing when looking at different phones, Ex. comparing BB to iPhone

You'll also read a lower SAR value does not necessarily mean it's better than another phone with a higher SAR value. And EVERY phone is below Federal guidelines

And BB phones are known for being emailing/texting 'keyboard' phones...i.e away from the head

How many iPhone users buy the phone for playing music...are they ruining their ears
    Last edited by anthogag; 02-19-12 at 11:09 AM.
    Willard814 and jafobabe like this.
    02-19-12 11:06 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD