I have BB protect for my Bold 9700 and I was wondering how can I protect my PB as well?
    01-27-12 07:03 AM
    There's no way right now other than manually backing up the device using Desktop Manager
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-27-12 07:07 AM
    I don't think there is anything you can do about that since it's not available for the PB. Of course, OS 2.0 may address that, and perhaps petitioning RIM to make that app available to the PB may bring us the app.
    Willard814 likes this.
    01-27-12 07:08 AM
    I found out the hard way when mine was stolen on Sunday, no BB protect for the PB!
    01-27-12 11:01 AM
    Nothing in 2.0 points to Protect being "included" yet tho it would be a nice addition as an available app.

Not much help for your PB but there's a cool BB Protect launcher for the PB that lets you manage Protect on your BB phone...

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ayBook&lang=en
    01-27-12 11:06 AM
    Nothing in 2.0 points to Protect being "included" yet tho it would be a nice addition as an available app.

Not much help for your PB but there's a cool BB Protect launcher for the PB that lets you manage Protect on your BB phone...

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ayBook&lang=en
    Hey thanks! Found it and downloaded it. Nice find!
    Sorry, I don't have a "thanks" button or I'd hit it....
    01-27-12 11:28 AM
    Well, I presume somehow the "RIM cloud" will at least be able (distinguishably: pro/perso) to backup your data like protect does. Once it's cloud enabled, having a push routine that could display a message or swipe the whole thing shouldn't be that hard ...
    01-27-12 11:35 AM
    Well, I presume somehow the "RIM cloud" will at least be able (distinguishably: pro/perso) to backup your data like protect does. Once it's cloud enabled, having a push routine that could display a message or swipe the whole thing shouldn't be that hard ...
    That would be a cool option. Backup using DM is ok but I'm getting anti cord any more.
    01-27-12 11:40 AM
    That would be a cool option. Backup using DM is ok but I'm getting anti cord any more.
    I also hope DM will support BT link for Playbook in OS 2.0 (like for my 9900) ... Since you can pair them now, you can't use DM backup or sync with BT yet.
    01-27-12 11:44 AM
    Protect for PB ranked #8 in the Top 10 Most Important/Urgent Features on the beta zone. In addition 82% asked for frequent updates with few new features as opposed to less frequent updates with more features.
    They know we want it and hopefully they won't hesitate to provide it.
    01-27-12 01:16 PM
    I really hope something similar is included in 2.0. It's really needed!!!
    01-29-12 11:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD