And once again....
    +1 Yeah go figure
    03-01-11 07:25 AM
    I will move to iPad immediately,
    and I don't give a f*** about PlayBook.

Why?

I want gorilla glass and metal frame. I want quality materials (at least "perceived"). I want email through wifi or data plan right upon launch, not downloading beta sh*t from hotfile.

That's it. =)

Plus I don't really have much faith in 1st Gen products.

Good thread.
    You don't know squat so go away and play with yourself.
    03-01-11 07:26 AM
    I think Multitasking would be good for video conferencing with skype while reading through a document or surfing the web or looking at pics.

I can see lots of uses
    03-01-11 02:57 PM
    whocaresit banned! no more threads you think are legit and are not!
    03-01-11 03:01 PM
    whocaresit banned! no more threads you think are legit and are not!
    hallelujah! (and thanks for pointing that out--I hadn't noticed.)
    03-01-11 05:05 PM
    hallelujah! (and thanks for pointing that out--I hadn't noticed.)
    I've never seen anyone banned before, and i noticed it had replaced his "user" status
    03-01-11 05:23 PM
    LOL, he was on my Ignore list anyway. That just makes it official.
    03-01-11 05:36 PM
    I've never seen anyone banned before, and i noticed it had replaced his "user" status
    I also have not noticed anyone with a "banned" status, on this site, prior to today.
    03-01-11 05:37 PM
    there are several banned members but its not like you are going to find there post since they would be very old mostly
    03-01-11 05:49 PM
    I think his last thread has been deleted, this is what caused him to be banned.

I'm sure he'll be over at the tipb forums drooling over ipad2 today anyway.
    03-02-11 07:46 AM
    I will move to iPad immediately,
    and I don't give a f*** about PlayBook.

Why?

I want gorilla glass and metal frame. I want quality materials (at least "perceived"). I want email through wifi or data plan right upon launch, not downloading beta sh*t from hotfile.

That's it. =)

Plus I don't really have much faith in 1st Gen products.

Good thread.
    Well since the iPad doesn't have Gorilla Glass, I guess RIM has you covered:

iPad 2 vs. BlackBerry PlayBook: Of course you realize, this means war. | ZDNet
    03-02-11 12:53 PM
    Correction: I guess the iPad does have Gorilla Glass. But the PB build is solid and does have GG, so are you still automatically ruling it out?
    03-02-11 01:48 PM
    Wow, I didn't know they were going to have a white one. Maybe I'll have to rethink things... LOL
    03-02-11 03:59 PM
    Well since the iPad doesn't have Gorilla Glass, I guess RIM has you covered:

iPad 2 vs. BlackBerry PlayBook: Of course you realize, this means war. | ZDNet
    Correction: I guess the iPad does have Gorilla Glass. But the PB build is solid and does have GG, so are you still automatically ruling it out?

Definitely glad to hear that PB got GG because my Torch has a cheap plastic screen and I effing hate it.

It still worries me a bit since PB doesn't have metal frame...

Plus, 7-inch has good mobility, but I don't really need that as I am not gonna put it in my coat or pocket. =P

Given that iPad 2 doesn't have multitasking feature, I will not consider it for now. Let's see how iOS 5 goes.
    03-02-11 04:08 PM

Definitely glad to hear that PB got GG because my Torch has a cheap plastic screen and I effing hate it.

Plus, 7-inch has good mobility, but I don't really need that as I am not gonna put it in my coat or pocket. =P

Given that iPad 2 doesn't have multitasking feature, I will not consider it for now. Let's see how iOS 5 goes.
    I think the chances of iOS 5 having true multitasking are on a par with the odds that Jobs will allow Flash on any version of iOS...slim to none.
    03-02-11 04:46 PM

Do we know this for sure? (actual question, so sarcasm intended) I haven't seen anyone bring the frame up at all in any discussions I've seen of the PB, so I have no clue. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me though, because with the exception of 1 report, I've heard anyone who's played with a PB say it felt like a solidly build device, and that's all I need. Metal or not.
    03-02-11 05:07 PM
    Do we know this for sure? (actual question, so sarcasm intended) I haven't seen anyone bring the frame up at all in any discussions I've seen of the PB, so I have no clue. Honestly, it doesn't matter to me though, because with the exception of 1 report, I've heard anyone who's played with a PB say it felt like a solidly build device, and that's all I need. Metal or not.
    Let's say one is considering product "X" and product "Y". "X" does most of what one wants, has a durable glass screen, and has an aluminum chassis. Product "Y" is better than "X" in all respects (in the opinion of the consumer in question), has the same durable glass screen, BUT the chassis is made of a high-impact, but non-metallic material. WHich one would I buy?? That's EASY. Product "Y". No contest.
    03-02-11 05:57 PM
    You are such a bad person!!!

Haha, joking. I know it's just typo, right? =P

My reasoning is that, if it were indeed metal, it would be reported a few months ago. I bet whoever touched it would notice the cover is metal or now. Or say why would you put an extra plastic layer on the metal?

It's a very good selling point.

Let's say one is considering product "X" and product "Y". "X" does most of what one wants, has a durable glass screen, and has an aluminum chassis. Product "Y" is better than "X" in all respects (in the opinion of the consumer in question), has the same durable glass screen, BUT the chassis is made of a high-impact, but non-metallic material. WHich one would I buy?? That's EASY. Product "Y". No contest.
    Yea, with your own assumption that "everything else for Y is better than that for X", of course you will pick Y.

But is it true for everyone? Or say almost everyone? Just go check the specs comparison.

I know PB has solid build quality but metal just will add a bit more sturdy touch to it.

The only things keeping me away from getting an iPad are no real-multitasking and no BBM.

The only things keeping me away from PlayBook (if I have other choices) are no metal frame, a bit small (good for others maybe), BB required for emails, and 1st Gen status.

The key here (for me) is the multitasking feature. That's why I am still leaning towards PB. However if iPad got multitasking in the near future..., you know.
    03-02-11 06:26 PM
68 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD