I have and love my BlackBerry z10, but after checking pricing, they are very cheap, are they worth buying????

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:47 PM
    I have and love my BlackBerry z10, but after checking pricing, they are very cheap, are they worth buying????

Posted via CB10
    Depends on what you expect from it.
    06-25-13 07:56 PM
    Considering the price, yes. Like Blaze said though, depends on what you want out of it. I love mine and if it ever gets BB10 it'll be even better
    06-25-13 07:59 PM
    If you do consider buying it, buy it because of what it does NOW. Do not count on it being improved or for any new apps to be available that you might want (like Netflix or Skype).
    06-25-13 08:08 PM
    If you like doing everything on stock apps and playing games on a 7 inch tablet, I would recommend going for it. If you are an app kind of person, I don't think you should as the PlayBook shies in comparison to the iPad or any Android tablet really in terms of apps...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 08:24 PM
    If you do consider buying it, buy it because of what it does NOW. Do not count on it being improved or for any new apps to be available that you might want (like Netflix or Skype).
    +1

The PB is a cool device, but I personally had to move on to a Nexus 7 for apps.
    06-25-13 09:19 PM
    I still use my pb every day. Even if it only bridges fully with legacy devices. I currently use a Q10 and have had my pb for about 1.5 years now. Never had a need for the apps that aren't compatible with it. There is still good apps and games for it and I love what it can do now.if bb10 ever comes as an update, then so be it but if it doesn't, I don't really care! No need for any other tablets as I am content

Q10, 9900, 9780, 8330, 7520, 7510 And Playbook!
    bigjman likes this.
    06-25-13 09:38 PM
    Another +1 for this!
    I like my PB, but if I'd done my research properly & realised how much android stuff I'd need to make it useable (for me) then I probably would have gone for an android tablet!
    06-26-13 03:58 AM
    No. Don't bother. I have 2 PBs; first one bought at the time of launch and the 2nd a year later. 2nd has gone through a replacement due to bulge at the back. Both are working but the long awaited OS has proven to be illusive. Also, I waited very long for relevant news, banking, cloud apps to show up but nothing moved. I sideloaded various android apps but they are old versions, slow to operate and consume more battery. Simply inefficient. I think PB, despite its superb hardware couldn't build an ecosystem that could support the platform.

It has great multi tasking capabilities. It's a good e-reader. And i think it's really convenient to carry around, but my needs were more than this. Reluctantly, i moved to iPad end of last year as the company i work for refused to allow PB on BES. That sealed the deal for me. For me work emails are critical, and i travel a lot. So easy access to my work related mails and supporting infrastructure is critical.

I still use a BB9380, and love it. It's probably the most under-rated BB phone. I just wish BlackBerry was a but more commercial about the PB platform.
    06-26-13 04:12 AM
    I got 1 a couple years ago when the price first dropped. I liked the apps that were available and convenience of not using a laptop all the time. I got a second one and sent my older one to my grandson in Guam, the video chat was outstanding. Much better than Skype. I'm able to watch movies from Amazon, which are very clear. Actually my grandchildren are coming to Florida next month and if my 2 year old granddaughter likes the games on it, I'll find one for her also.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    06-26-13 02:33 PM
    If its cheap...and you can find one...buy it....don't expect any upgrades....but its still a good well built tablet....it plays every movie i've thrown at it....and you can sideload lots of apps and games...
    06-27-13 05:25 PM
    Thorsten has finally confirmed no BB10 upgrade for Playbook. And, it's dead. It's just disappointing.
    06-29-13 01:04 AM
    Thorsten has finally confirmed no BB10 upgrade for Playbook. And, it's dead. It's just disappointing.
    Samsung has 4 tablets 7", 8" & 10" WIFI for sale starting at $199.They have much better selection of apps.

BUT - I prefer speed & security of my PLAYBOOKS, especially browsing!

BB needs to concentrate on BB10 phones so my stock goes up, not down!
    06-29-13 01:14 AM
    I don't care what he says. My PB will live on until it is thrown out the window of my truck at 65mph in a fit of rage (caused by traffic, not anything the PB did)
    06-29-13 01:14 AM
    I still use my PlayBook daily.
    The gestures are great, the security the PlayBook is amazing... Sure I'm a bit upset at the message of not receiving an update. But give me a functioning Bridge and I'll be using the PlayBook for sometime.

What the PlayBook can do for the price, in my opinion is a great product.
    06-29-13 01:28 AM
    everyday user and satisied with it
    06-29-13 04:10 AM
    If you have a million $, yes.
    $100K, yes.
    $10K, maybe.
    $1K, no.
    $100, yes.
    06-29-13 04:25 AM
    $499 no!
    $99 yes!
    06-29-13 04:46 AM
    What are you going to do with it? Light web browsing and internet radio? Go for it! Pretty much anything else, buy a tablet with a future.
    06-29-13 04:53 AM
    What are you going to do with it? Light web browsing and internet radio? Go for it! Pretty much anything else, buy a tablet with a future.
    +1

Cant understand why people feel proud using it as an alarm clock and to check weather. My phone is sufficient for this, and does much more! I have 2 PBs and it's hurting that its high quality hardware was left on its own hoping someone will take a leap of faith and build an ecosystem around it. They ignored the needs of businesses, their core customer base. And, didn't know what consumers were expecting. It's a case study of how a great product was destroyed by their founders.
    Affie36 likes this.
    06-29-13 04:59 AM
    Have the Z10 and love my PlayBook for college etc. Great with MS office like word and PowerPoint. Its to cheap to don't buy it, if your wallet have the cash for it.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 05:53 AM

Posted via CB10
    not anymore
    06-29-13 06:44 AM
    I don't care what he says. My PB will live on until it is thrown out the window of my truck at 65mph in a fit of rage (caused by traffic, not anything the PB did)
    You will not be traveling at 65 mph in a traffic jam! I know, I ruined a really nice hiking day yesterday by having an hours worth of traffic the last five miles of a 90 mile trip!!!! Those last 5 miles took longer than the rest of the drive.
    06-29-13 08:31 AM
    And the chance of throwing something out of your truck windows, either by accident or intentionally, in a traffic conditions is, it will be returned to you - immediately... especially if it is a BlackBerry PlayBook...

Posted via Z10
    06-29-13 08:39 AM
    Now that the PlayBook has been abandoned, prices for used ones should drop like a rock. If the tablet does what you want from one, then go for it. If it does not do what you want, then even at $10, it is not a deal.
    06-29-13 08:43 AM
31 12