Hi I have a blackberry playbook on O.S 2.01. When I updated to the latest os i could not connect to my wifi network. The problem was that it did not even recognize the wifi. My mac and ipod touch both work with this wifi and it is only the playbook that wont recognize it. I tried manually putting it in but it just said "connecting" for minutes until i cancelled it. Later I restarted it and that did nothing. Then I security wiped it and that also did nothing. I have also tried to debrick it or whatever, and now i am stuck on the connect to wifi initial setup screen and i cannot do anything on my playbook!! Please help me, It has been a problem for a long time now
    06-11-12 05:31 PM
    Have you tried re-booting your wifi network?
    06-11-12 05:34 PM
    I had a heck of a time trying to get my PlayBook to connect to my Wifi, and when it did, it kept dropping the signal. The PlayBook was the only device that had the problem.

My solution? Change the wifi type to G-Only and I never had a problem since. Apparently the PlayBook drivers have a problem with some N network types.

I'm using DD-WRT on a Netgear WNDR3700 router.
    06-11-12 07:11 PM
    u can see the mac address on wifi details ??
    I have same problem after the official update to .358 ... Seeem a FW bug when i update my PB from DM 7.1 (beta)
    06-12-12 03:54 PM
    I had a heck of a time trying to get my PlayBook to connect to my Wifi, and when it did, it kept dropping the signal. The PlayBook was the only device that had the problem.

My solution? Change the wifi type to G-Only and I never had a problem since. Apparently the PlayBook drivers have a problem with some N network types.

I'm using DD-WRT on a Netgear WNDR3700 router.
    Seems many with dd-wrt have trouble w/pb. I have the same router with stock firmware, updated and never have a problem running mixed connected to g or n.
    06-12-12 04:34 PM
    Seems many with dd-wrt have trouble w/pb. I have the same router with stock firmware, updated and never have a problem running mixed connected to g or n.
    The problem with people using dd-wrt is that they don't realize that nobody actually touches the actual radio codes. It is a frankenstein firmware of mixing various stock radio codes that they happened to find (which can be outdated when compared to the actual stock firmware for your particular router model) with a few very specialized features (like repeater bridges).

Then they sometimes set in various default settings that are more suitable for setting up a wifi router in summer camp grounds (with outdoor antenna and ranges of a few miles). Some of these settings don't particularly work well in normal residential home usage.
    06-12-12 04:54 PM
    Yes i have tried rebooting my router and i have tried to go to other places with wifi including another house and a panera, so it is a problem with the playbook itself!
    07-02-12 05:07 PM
    The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    07-02-12 07:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD