I have just bought my playbook 64gb, and its automatically upgraded to os 2, but i am not getting some built in softwares in my playbook, i dont know how to reinstall this os? anybody help me out in this??
    RedPortiaOne likes this.
    07-30-12 12:41 PM
    I know some things are regional so before you reinstall, what exactly are you missing?
    07-30-12 12:49 PM
    A good start would be a "debrick". Plug the turned off PB to Desktop Software and let it update.

After it boots, put up a USA proxy (hidemyass.com can help you with that) and let it find the updates. That should get you all the PB apps.
    07-30-12 01:02 PM
    Go here- PlayBook OS ← Open Source BlackBerry – OSBB You'll be able to download the missing apps for sideloading, although the server seems to be down right now.
    07-30-12 01:34 PM
    I have just bought my playbook 64gb, and its automatically upgraded to os 2, but i am not getting some built in softwares in my playbook, i dont know how to reinstall this os? anybody help me out in this??
    How to restore playbook to Factory Apps as if the Playbook came new out of the box

1: Connect Playbook to Blackberry Desktop Software via USB.
    2: Hold Playbook power button down to turn off
    3: When turned off, computer screen will have pop up options, (Retry Update or Cancel).
    4: Choose update. This will re-install all other factory apps. Takes about 15 minutes.
    5: Follow on screen prompts. This will restore Playbook to factory.
    6: Go through Tablet first time set up.
    7: Complete! Worked great for me. Please let me know how it works for you...Enjoy :-)

PS I've been loving my Playbook since December 25th 2011. This is my first post and should have joined Crackberry long ago.Very cool site
    Last edited by RedPortiaOne; 07-30-12 at 05:21 PM.
    07-30-12 05:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD