i need help, when i play music on my playbook the volume is too high but as soon as i put headphone the volume is low, is it only me or? thanx
    05-09-11 03:26 PM
    the volume keys are on the top of the unit.
    05-09-11 03:31 PM
    Do your headphones have a volume control?
    05-09-11 03:44 PM
    sounds like a headphone amplifier may be something to consider. maybe your headphones just are not efficient and take a strong signal to really pump.
    05-09-11 03:47 PM
    I believe it keeps your last setting. One for headphones, one for speakers.

So you might have your speaker on lowest (mute), whereas your headset would have it as medium volume.

Hope that helps =)
    05-09-11 03:47 PM
    I believe it keeps your last setting. One for headphones, one for speakers.

So you might have your speaker on lowest (mute), whereas your headset would have it as medium volume.

Hope that helps =)
    your totally right, its got a seperate profile for line out and normal, you have to be in that particular state to edit it.
    05-09-11 03:53 PM
    thanx all for your helps but i still dont knw what to do, i have got dr dre headphones,
    05-09-11 04:10 PM
    just want to share or am i the only who dont know this, i just found out today that when the headphone accidentally disconneted to playbook the movie or music will pause, and i love that feature,
    05-09-11 04:12 PM
    thanx all for your helps but i still dont knw what to do, i have got dr dre headphones,

Your headphones are DEFINITELY powerful enough to handle it. I have not tried this but will when I go home and see if I can figure out how to help.
    kariakoo likes this.
    05-09-11 04:51 PM
    Have you tried another set of phones? I used mine this morning to test the volume out to see if I could help. MIne reacted just fine to the controls on the top of the PB. The volume was very nice and did not lessen when I plugged the headphones in. Also, i know this sounds simple but make sure they are pushed all the way in. I used to put my headphones in halfway and thought something was wrong with my speakers too,lol
    kariakoo likes this.
    05-10-11 11:49 AM
    That's your problem right there - the Dr. Dre headphones need a lot of power.
    05-10-11 11:54 AM
    Your headphones are DEFINITELY powerful enough to handle it. I have not tried this but will when I go home and see if I can figure out how to help.
    Headphones are not "powerful" unless they have their own amplifiers. They are driven by the signals from the devices they are connected to. Some devices have low power signals which will really limit your volume levels. Then it depends on the efficiency of the headphones themselves. If they are inefficient, they will not be able to be pushed the way they were meant to be without a really strong signal from the connected device or an additional power amplifier. Some headphones are very efficient and play very loud and clear off little power. There are a few factors to consider when diagnosing headphones output levels. All headphones do is play what they are sent (unless they are internally amplified or processed like surround headphones or something). Speakers do not create power, they reproduce it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    kariakoo likes this.
    05-10-11 11:55 AM
    I have the same problem. I was listening to streaming audio and pluged in my Altec Lansing desktop speakers and had to crank all the volumes to the max. These speakers are self powered and I've never had to turn them past halfway with my laptop plugged in (and the laptop was never more then half either).

Has anyone found a fix or is this something we'll have to wait for some software update.

Rather disappointing to not get a good sound from this unit. I loved everything about it so far but this is one of the things I bought it for. Stream my radio on my desk at work and plugged in at home without having to carry the laptop around.
    05-21-11 09:31 AM
    are these studio or solos?

05-21-11 09:39 AM
    i need help, when i play music on my playbook the volume is too high but as soon as i put headphone the volume is low, is it only me or? thanx
    I have Bose Quiet Comfort 2's for travel and I have the same issue. I have listed it in the Bug list pasted at the top of the forum. The output of the PB is less than I get from my IPOD Nano.

Volume is a function of power output and efficiency/Sensitivity of the headphones or speakers. The review for the Bose I have states "Sensitivity is low; you may have to turn your player up all the way." I imagine the Dre's are similar.
    05-21-11 10:15 AM
    I have Bose Quiet Comfort 2's for travel and I have the same issue. I have listed it in the Bug list pasted at the top of the forum. The output of the PB is less than I get from my IPOD Nano.

Volume is a function of power output and efficiency/Sensitivity of the headphones or speakers. The review for the Bose I have states "Sensitivity is low; you may have to turn your player up all the way." I imagine the Dre's are similar.
    i have what you have Bose QC 2 and i also have the regular Bose Triport headphones.
    i tried them both with the playbook and i get the same results with the QC2.
    even when pushed to the max volume.. it feels like medium high to me.
    but with the Triport ( non-noise cancelling ) it is LOUD.

im sure a software update will fix this..
    05-21-11 10:27 AM
    I haven't tried using headphones with my PlayBook until I saw this post and tested it out. I also have beats by dr. dre studio edition headphones that I just tested out on my PlayBook and I can confirm I have zero volume issue. Volume level is about same as playing from PlayBook's speakers...comfort level is at at middle for me.

I don't know if this matters but I got my PlayBook 32Gb from Best Buy yesterday. More like I exchanged my old PB with this new one because old one's WiFi stopped working. When I was at Best Buy to exchange my PB, the salesguy was pulling off their display model too because it too was having WiFi problem. He assure me that my new PB won't have WiFi problem because it comes from new batch of shipment. Unfortunately I didn't test headphones with the old PB.

So far everything is working out great with my new PB. WiFi is working great and battery didn't seem to be draining as fast as old one. Funny thing is they both have latest update 1.03.1868. However, I was able to easily press power button on old one but I have to to press in more on new one for it to recognize the press.

SKU on the box for my new PB is: PRD-38548-002
    05-21-11 01:33 PM
    i thought it was ony me, thanx
    05-21-11 01:54 PM
    Good to know. I was using my iPod headset with my Playbook on the plane and couldn't hear the movie even though I had the volume as high as it could go. Need a fix!

06-01-11 01:55 PM
    Nothing yet on this? I too tried using my iPod headset. All volumes were set high and I still could hardly hear anything.
    12-07-11 01:48 AM
    I'm completely dissappointed with the power of the headphone output. Max volume on playbook with my ipod headphones is the same as half volume with my ipod nano. it is not loud enough for noisy places like an airplane. hopefully rim can come up with a fix. i find it crazy that the amplifier in the playbook is so weak, it must be a software problem.
    01-10-12 08:09 PM
    I have the bose QC 15 and they are plenty loud as well as my earbuds from bose....i also have the sennheiser earbuds and they play loud too. Not sure about the beats but if they play at a good level on the ipod they should play well on the pb.
    01-10-12 08:53 PM
    I find that the volume is low too. I hook my PB up to a projector with HDMI and the volume is really quiet when showing movies.
    01-10-12 09:20 PM
    Go to Main menu/Sound/headphone AUDIOBOOST, give it a try it work great for me,in fact too great really with my iPod touch earphone, have to put the volume to mid level.
    Last edited by Sergag; 01-10-12 at 09:38 PM.
    PigeonTom likes this.
    01-10-12 09:32 PM
    I used hdmi to my tv yesterday and had to lower the volume.
    01-10-12 09:44 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD