Home CrackBerry Q&A > BlackBerry PlayBook

Blackberry Playbook Unable to Connect

Asked: Apr 09 2022 | 7:57 am EDT 2841 Views 5 Answers

I have a Blackberry Playbook with 64gb that I'm looking to sell. It hasn't been used in years. So I turned it on to see if everything's working and has been wiped.

I've tried to create an account to log in but it comes up with an error saying "Unable to Connect to Blackberry ID. Please check your Internet connection, then try again. Error Code: (6). Network/Connection Error. Please check your connection settings and try again."

I then tried clicking "Check Connection" and managed to connect to WiFi. Tried making an account again and the same error came up. Connected to another WiFi connection and the same thing happened. It works on other devices but not on this for some reason.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and what I might be able to do to fix it?

More Answers

Apr 09 2022 | 6:35 pm EDT brookie229

I have a Blackberry Playbook with 64gb that I'm looking to sell. It hasn't been used in years. So I turned it on to see if everything's working and has been wiped.

I've tried to create an account to log in but it comes up with an error saying "Unable to Connect to Blackberry ID. Please check your Internet connection, then try again. Error Code: (6). Network/Connection Error. Please check your connection settings and try again."

I then tried clicking "Check Connection" and managed to connect to WiFi. Tried making an account again and the same error came up. Connected to another WiFi connection and the same thing happened. It works on other devices but not on this for some reason.

Does anyone know what might be causing this and what I might be able to do to fix it?
Blackberry shut off their servers and there is no way to connect anymore. Nothing you can do. This happened a few months ago.

Apr 09 2022 | 6:58 pm EDT Darkshadow

Ah, thanks for clarifying this. Such a shame. Guess it would be no use selling it then if no one can access it without the internet. Glad that I found out sooner rather than later.

Apr 11 2022 | 7:00 am EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

Ah, thanks for clarifying this. Such a shame. Guess it would be no use selling it then if no one can access it without the internet. Glad that I found out sooner rather than later.
For parts?

Apr 12 2022 | 8:40 pm EDT Darkshadow

For parts?

Could do. But I wouldn't know where to look to do that tbh. And I don't know if I'd get much for it anyways.

Apr 13 2022 | 7:28 am EDT Dunt Dunt Dunt

Could do. But I wouldn't know where to look to do that tbh. And I don't know if I'd get much for it anyways.
Not sure where used electronics are sold in your market... but yeah not likly to get much for it.