I'm noticing some odd questions and typos while taking this, such as the second question asking if you'd recommend the PlayBook to friends who already own a playbook and a typo about the desktop manager.

When transfering files (pictures, music, videos etc.) to your BlackBerry PlayBook, do you prefer to use Desktop Manager or the [bold]Windowns[/bold] Drag and Drop function?
    Hmmmm...
    06-14-12 02:44 PM
    Anyone else do this survey?

Pretty interesting questions in which a majority of them were about video, music, photo and document storage between my smartphone, desktop and playbook. Also asked me about Desktop manager and if I use it to transfer stuff between my PB and PC.

I'm going out on a limb here but i'm wondering if it's hinting that a Blackberry cloud service is the works? Or at least on the radar?
    darktoy likes this.
    06-14-12 05:16 PM
    i was wondering about to as i was filling in the survey
    06-14-12 05:46 PM
    How did my post end up above as the first one? o_O
    06-14-12 06:00 PM
    How did my post end up above as the first one? o_O
    That oddly happens sometime. I don't know if it's a board maintenance issue or just a glitch.
    06-14-12 06:15 PM
    My best guess is that RIM is shopping for a cloud partner that would handle the syncing of media files from your desktop, phone, and tablet.

This survey allows RIM and possibly the partner to know the storage/costs related to planning and running the cloud service. Since the questions are related to file size, file count and if you using Desktop Manager. Also, they might be seeing if DM is where they should build the sync function for the desktop or make is a separate app.
    06-14-12 06:47 PM
    I also completed the survey; took longer than 10 minutes for me. I would guess that some of their questions towards the end about gig's of photos, videos, documents, etc., have to do with a cloud partnership.

The one thing I told them to keep and never ever ever ever take away is drag and drop on the PB. The fact that I dont need to use an app to transfer files to the PB is extremely useful to me; I never want to have to use an app to do that.
    06-14-12 07:46 PM
    Um...RIM already has a cloud company, it's called NewBay.
    06-14-12 08:00 PM
    Anyone else do this survey?

Pretty interesting questions in which a majority of them were about video, music, photo and document storage between my smartphone, desktop and playbook. Also asked me about Desktop manager and if I use it to transfer stuff between my PB and PC.

I'm going out on a limb here but i'm wondering if it's hinting that a Blackberry cloud service is the works? Or at least on the radar?
    I just finished the survey and usually an update appears shortly after each survey on the beta zone message boards.

More CrackBerry members should sign up and do these surveys because there are lots of empty message boxes where you can fill in exactly how you feel about the PlayBook and what you think it needs.

I requested folder creation in the media apps (movies/pictures) and also to be able to rename those files.
    06-14-12 11:00 PM
    Good survey, I think they're hitting alot of points that are sorely lacking (ie lack of media management on tablet AND how much better Desktop Manager could really be).

I thought the questions and importance of 2.1 features were really brought into light...
    06-14-12 11:17 PM
    Good survey. Although some of the bb phone questions are affected by owning the pb. I don't tend to watch videos on the phone as much since getting pb. Similarly, more photos are now on the pb.

I certainly expressed my opinions on the absence of Folder support, the Browser/bookmarks and the missing Search function in the browser and pdf reader. I also took issue with the keyboard (? mark) and editing, cursor movement.
    06-15-12 12:11 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD