I have a six month old Playbook. The OS has been updated whenever possible. I have read about battery problems with the Playbook elsewhere, but nothing about the problem I am having.
    My Playbook is discharging too rapidly, and the symptom that goes with this is that the lightning graphic that indicates that the tablet is plugged in and charging won't go away. This is true even after I unplug the tablet. (Normally, the lightning graphic would simply disappear). I have tried going to Settings and choosing battery power (as opposed to plugged in). But it immediately reverts to the lightning icon.
    Any advice will be welcome. I haven't tried to reset yet (holding the volume up/ down, and power buttons). Tony
    12-27-12 09:18 AM
    Should definitely try a reset. I have never had that happen. Did this just start happening out of the blue? Did it happen after an update or anything? It is interesting. Restart. You don't have to do the three finger salute, its good only if your playbook is completely frozen. Just press battery icon and press restart and post back with some more details if anything. Good luck.
    12-27-12 10:09 AM
    I agree, do a normal restart first. If that doesn't change anything do a hard reset but you need only press the power button and +volume, its unnecessary to use the -volume button for the hard reset and it insures you're not taking screenshots. The hard reset prevents a corrupt process from being saved and reappearing upon powering back up. A restart allows all processes and services to close normally but sometimes that's all that's needed.
    12-27-12 10:41 AM
    Had a simular situation a few months back. the charging icon was always up even when not charging, don't know if the battery was draining fast as, as soon as I noticed this I did a restart, that did not work so I did a hard reboot and that did the trick.
    12-27-12 11:45 AM
    3 button miracle worker and if that doesn't work a wipe and reload and if that doesn't work its a hardware issue that will be covered under warranty. I suspect it's an OS issue that you will be able to fix. Good luck.
    12-27-12 12:38 PM
    The PB has a one year warranty to the original purchaser. It also has 90 free Tech support. I do not know how Rim deals with "quasi-tech support v. warranty"

Rim Support
    Tel:
    Canada Toll Free: 1-877-644-8405
    United States Toll Free: 1-877-644-8410
    Puerto Rico Toll Free: 1-855-651-4936
    Email: playbooksupport@blackberry.com (this route generally does not work and a call is necessary)

(UK Support) 0800 096 2805

Playbook French Support
    http://fr.blackberry.com/playbook-ta...ok-support.jsp
    Phone : 0800 914 533 (within 90 days from activation)
    12-27-12 05:59 PM
    That is very odd, it could be a malfunction. Your best bet would be to call RIM and see whats happening. Or you could just upgrade to an arguably better tablet ( Nexus, Surface.)
    12-27-12 06:06 PM
    Nexus 7 owners also have battery complaints. Both my N7 and my BBPB seem to have OK batteries.
    Suggestions about hard reboot are certainly worth trying. And I would check my Battery Guru readings altthough not expecting anything different.

With this strange problem it would seem good to turn over every rock. So when does the usb show plugin? One time is when charger wire is plugged in with data pins shorted. This suggests a close check of the USB port with careful cleaning to me to be sure that there is no problem there. I might also see if the PB is recognized by my computer as a storage drive. And just for fun I would look at the magnetic charger pins.
    12-27-12 10:32 PM
    Battery Guru does tell you whether it is a cradle or usb charger as well as the power and voltage.
    12-27-12 11:15 PM