Yes tried that and it made no difference.
    Hope you didn't recover your stuff from a backup.....otherwise you may have just reinstalled all the crud.....

Posted via CB10
    03-14-14 01:07 PM
    I have used a lot of tablets and I still love my Playbook 64g and it stands up to any tablet in the business just don't get into a reboot race! But all other aspects of the tablet are very good besides no other tablet in the business can give me access to the internet wherever I go without have to incur data charges through a data plan. Blackberry Bridge Baby! The greatest spec in the tablet business to left to nature and not exploited and marketed Why not develop Blackberry Bridge as a cross platform app?
    03-14-14 01:34 PM
    I have used a lot of tablets and I still love my Playbook 64g and it stands up to any tablet in the business just don't get into a reboot race! But all other aspects of the tablet are very good besides no other tablet in the business can give me access to the internet wherever I go without have to incur data charges through a data plan. Blackberry Bridge Baby! The greatest spec in the tablet business to left to nature and not exploited and marketed Why not develop Blackberry Bridge as a cross platform app?
    There are thousands of happy PlayBook owners still out there and with just a few updates could raise the PlayBook right up there again!

PlayBook UK BBM Channel C001CB4A1
    Cynycl, castoridae and seluje like this.
    03-14-14 04:08 PM
    There are thousands of happy PlayBook owners still out there and with just a few updates could raise the PlayBook right up there again!

More importantly, updates would make the disgruntled owners happy as well. Maybe even prod them into considering a future product purchase.
    03-14-14 04:51 PM
    I'm getting close to junking my Playbook. It's very frustrating now. Just so slow. Youtube is rubbish, sometimes just hangs and does nothing. Browser crashes. Google maps - awful. I still use if every day but wish I had something else. Guess I'm just trying to justify spending some more money. And yes I bought it cheap thinking it was going to be upgraded.
    Try a back up, security wipe and restore - it becomes really snappy again, just like when it was new (though the browser is still not very speedy.....)
    03-15-14 01:29 PM
    Ask and ye shall receive lol....Rankings of Best Rotary Phones
    BigAl_BB9900, Cynycl and richardat like this.
    03-15-14 02:10 PM
    The PlayBook is still a quality device. As I've said before, a couple if updates away from competing with the best...after 3 years that ain't bad!! Enjoy and Power to the PlayBook!!

03-16-14 06:30 AM
    The PlayBook is still a quality device. As I've said before, a couple if updates away from competing with the best...after 3 years that ain't bad!! Enjoy and Power to the PlayBook!!

Man, I was tolerating my pb. I since got a Toshiba Encore and it runs circles around the pb. No contest at all.
    03-16-14 07:22 AM
    Man, I was tolerating my pb. I since got a Toshiba Encore and it runs circles around the pb. No contest at all.
    RIM 's giving the PB the "red-headed-step-child treatment", which is a shame. Part of me wants to say to RIM, "If you're no longer going to support PB, do us a favour and validate this by telling merchants to stop selling PB, full stop."

My hope is that when BB gets its mojo back, the halo effect from handset sales will rejuvenate the interest and support of a BB tablet.
    03-16-14 11:49 AM
    The PlayBook is my favorite tablet. I have a Samsung Note 10.1 tablet, which I bought mainly because I liked the S-Pen for drawing. But the funny thing is I still find myself using my PlayBook more often. You simply can't beat the Bridge feature, which I love because I can leave my Bold on the desk or somewhere else in the house then sit on the bed or couch with just the PlayBook. The only thing I couldn't do is take calls in this case, but for everything else it's all there.

Just recently I sideloaded the Amazon Kindle app on my PlayBook and it's a whole new experience again using it for reading books.

I personally prefer the OS of the PlayBook to the Android OS on my Samsung tablet. The only other noteable thing which the Samsung allows me to do which I couldn't do right now onthe PlayBook, is to use Netflix. But that isn't a big deal at all, as I mostly watch the movies on my big screen TV or via my PC laptop. Yes, the Samsung Note CPU is quad-core and is blazing fast but I still use the PlayBook more. Go figure.

The PlayBook is indeed a great device. I wish they would come out with an update to Origami browser, that's all.

For music, browsing, email, youtube, games and tons of other uses it is a fantastic device for me. All this and I only have a 16GB model (wish I bought the higher capacity, but I never ran out of space yet).
    03-16-14 12:37 PM
    For music, browsing, email, youtube, games and tons of other uses it is a fantastic device for me. All this and I only have a 16GB model (wish I bought the higher capacity, but I never ran out of space yet).
    For me you would have to cross off browsing and YouTube.
    03-16-14 01:02 PM
    I still make use of my PlayBook ones in a while. Still works great.

Posted via CB with my brand new Z30
    03-17-14 05:24 AM
    The spec must have been way ahead of it's time. It's still a great device 3 yrs on!

03-17-14 04:41 PM
    My Pb's origami browsr works well as does the calendar. The mail app is slow but alright. Kindle is good as are a few native Bb apps. Most android apps work very poorly or not at all. Sound and display are good. I like the true multitasking and gesture system, but you can only have a few apps open without performance falling off or apps crashing.

That said, my Sony Xperia Z tab runs circles around the Pb in most every way. It just works and works well while the Pb's laggy performance makes it very frustrating to use in many apps and situations.

The PB is nowhere near competitive with my Xperia or any Ipad, to mention only two current tabs, and anyone who claims otherwise is blowing smoke.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    03-17-14 11:26 PM

Hey, that's almost biblical. Resurrect the dead. Well, it might have worked once, but . . .
    PlayBook UK likes this.
    03-18-14 04:52 AM
    Think of it this way - you can drive a car built in 2005-2010 and for most practical purposes it still does the job. It's not as advanced or quick as the latest or 2014 model, but if all you want it for is getting from point a to b and some recreational activity, then you are smart to keep that vehicle if it works well for you (rather than keep blowing money to buy the latest model). It's exactly the same thing here. It's not the latest technology, but still road worthy and useable. This analogy is not necessarily for the PlayBook, but any older tech. Smarphones especially.
    KittyBomb and PlayBook UK like this.
    03-18-14 09:57 AM
    Wonder if BlackBerry 10 lite and Bridge Hub comes to the PlayBook the Review Authority might have a new number 1!! Lol

03-18-14 05:24 PM
    Yes I use mine every day for work , youtube, GPS nav with OSMAND (got lost in the mountains in Europe in a car, used the PB as a GPS since there was no cell coverage and found my way back . i hook it to the TV and use the z10 on bridge as remote.

I answer texts and BBM as well as answer the phone through it.

Cant do most of that with any other tab. But hey no instagram or whatsapp........guess i should throw it out lmfao
    rdm101 likes this.
    03-21-14 05:08 PM
    Ask and ye shall receive lol....Rankings of Best Rotary Phones
    This is kinda ridiculous from an tech point of view, but it might have its charm for some. And it works when others don't :

My dad still has his one in his home office. Original vintage 70's model. It was the only phone that worked during the monster cyclone in 2006. All the other phones in the neighbourhood that relied on extra power from the grid just would NOT work.

"No Q10?" -> "Buy from Chen... "
    03-23-14 05:15 PM
    Let's delete this post, since it is old. And a joke.
    03-24-14 12:50 PM
    Can I have your beer mat I will pay for shipping.

Posted via CB10
    03-25-14 03:38 PM
    There's nothing a joke about being in the top 5...anyway the Review Authority is the AUTHORITY on these matters..its not all about Instagram and Snapchat! They test the software and hardware!
    03-26-14 05:48 AM
    There's nothing a joke about being in the top 5...anyway the Review Authority is the AUTHORITY on these matters..its not all about Instagram and Snapchat! They test the software and hardware!
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    03-28-14 11:30 AM
    If BB10 lite comes to PB and a vacant hub...so that whatever device you tie to it fills up the PB hub...how many of the naysayers will dig up their neglected PB's?....Or turnover their beermats?

Posted via CB10
    03-30-14 10:34 AM
49 12