Hello All, I think the Blackberry Playbook is having problems with the software update because I have tried absolutely everything in the other threads and still saying the error 404 message when updating software. Let me know if anyone has any luck with this the past couple of days or what!
    11-14-18 05:43 AM
    404 indicates the file is gone, which honestly wouldn't really be all that surprising. The PlayBook hasn't been supported in years now. Not really sure what can be done in that case, perhaps reach out to @blackberryhelp on Twitter and have them look into because if the file is REALLY gone, there's no way anyone here can put it back and they won't put it back until they know something is wrong.
    11-14-18 11:01 AM
    Hey I have message them on twitter and hopefully they get back to me regarding this! I see its not just me having this problem..
    11-14-18 05:55 PM
    Try an autoloader?

Posted via CB10
    11-14-18 08:55 PM
    Tried that as well. Nothing is working! This happenes when I security wiped my Playbook.
    nyrs likes this.
    11-14-18 10:20 PM
    Same issue here, security wipe then nothing!!
    nyrs likes this.
    11-15-18 11:22 AM
    I messaged Blackberry support on Twitter to the address the gentleman above provided me. They got back to me today and ask for my S/N number and also explained to them again what is going on and im not the only one!
    nyrs likes this.
    11-15-18 01:31 PM
    I solve the 404 error on my Playbook by uninstalling the Desktop manager, then reinstalling it. I connected the tablet, then clicked on 'update' again. A few more boxes might pop up. I pressed 'update', or whatever instructions came up. Finally, the software uninstalled then reinstalled the OS onto the tablet and it's working again. Basically, you have to get to the update so it can uninstall then reinstall the OS.
    11-16-18 11:48 AM
    When you reinstall the tablet bu that way you have to configure it from the begining. You cannot configure it till the end because of this 404 errot and the Desktop software says you need to finish the configuration and that to reconect the tablet... It is maybe only valid if the tablet is not whiped....
    11-16-18 01:52 PM
    I tried that blackberry link and still saying 404 error message. I asked support and they keep telling me to reinstall their which I did twice now threw the PC and still showing the error 404 message!
    11-16-18 04:32 PM
    same issue here. I read that as of recent, the file for the update is gone. keep complaining to BB and maybe they will check it out on their end.
    11-17-18 07:32 AM
    found bb corporate fax. going to write of this issue to them.
    11-17-18 07:56 AM
    Great! I've already reached out to them on Twitter and they keep putting me in a loop hole stating its an error on my end? Yes, We need to speak up and out about this issue for it to be addressed. The only contact I have for them is on Twitter which is @blackberryhelp and keep us updated as well!
    11-17-18 11:25 AM
    Great! I've already reached out to them on Twitter and they keep putting me in a loop hole stating its an error on my end? Yes, We need to speak up and out about this issue for it to be addressed. The only contact I have for them is on Twitter which is @blackberryhelp and keep us updated as well!
    Good luck getting help on a device that is no longer officially supported.

BlackBerry PlayBook OS support officially ends this April https://www.crackberry.com/blackberr...lly-ends-april
    11-17-18 03:35 PM
    Your article isnt relevant to what were speaking about. Your on a whole nother level.
    11-17-18 05:27 PM
    Your article isnt relevant to what were speaking about. Your on a whole nother level.
    Lol ok.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    11-17-18 06:04 PM
    For some reason, this post makes me so happy. Also, I love that someone faxed the corporate office. Feels like the good ole days.

Posted via CB10
    11-18-18 08:35 AM
    For some reason, this post makes me so happy. Also, I love that someone faxed the corporate office. Feels like the good ole days.

Posted via CB10
    Lol from the fax machine and straight to the shredder.
    11-18-18 08:38 AM
    The twitter support guy isn't aware of the problem. Big difference. He was still in middle school when the PlayBook came out.
    Its not just the twitter guy its all of BlackBerry unaware of the issue. The tablet should still be running as they say with no further updates but its an error on their end.
    Last edited by Adrian Grant1; 11-18-18 at 09:20 PM. Reason: Correction.
    11-18-18 09:18 PM
    Its not just the twitter guy its all of Blackberry unaware of the issue. The tablet should still be running as they say with No further updates but its an error on there end.
    Look, BlackBerry doesn't even have a consumer facing department anymore. Apart from the BlackBerry Android app suite, they have zero consumer products.

They have NO PlayBook OS developers, managers, support infrastructure, offices, pens, paper, staplers. Nothing. Zero.

There is no one to answer you - let alone do anything about it.
    11-18-18 09:22 PM
    Look, BlackBerry doesn't even have a consumer facing department anymore. Apart from the BlackBerry Android app suite, they have zero consumer products.

They have NO PlayBook OS developers, managers, support infrastructure, offices, pens, paper, staplers. Nothing. Zero.

There is no one to answer you - let alone do anything about it.
    Listen, I'm not going to fight with you neither cause clearly your not understanding my point. So im going to ask you to leave nicely as I did for Johnny Bravo. And when you understand what is going on you can back and apologize and we can move past it . Okay . Goodbye!
    Last edited by Adrian Grant1; 11-18-18 at 09:25 PM. Reason: Correction. :)
    11-18-18 09:25 PM
    Listen, I'm not going to fight with you neither cause clearly your not understanding my point. So im going to ask you to leave nicely as I did for Johnny Bravo. And when you understand what is going on you can back and apologize and we can move past it . Okay . Goodbye!
    I understand perfectly.

But there is no one left at BlackBerry who cares or can even do anything about it.
    11-18-18 09:26 PM
    I understand perfectly.

But there is no one left at BlackBerry who cares or can even do anything about it.
    Well see about that .
    11-18-18 09:29 PM
    Well see about that .
    Famous last words.
    11-18-18 10:23 PM
    Its not just the twitter guy its all of BlackBerry unaware of the issue. The tablet should still be running as they say with no further updates but its an error on their end.
    So what if BB isn’t aware of issue. Now they’re aware with zero difference in support. They’re not fixing anything hardware or software related. BlackBerry isn’t obligated to support you any longer and won’t do anything. Their basic reply, in the infamous words of Motley Cruel, don’t go away mad, just go away.
    11-18-18 10:46 PM
64 123