i was thinking of getting the blackberry playbook 16 gig but i was wondering if it was worth it or should i wait till a new one comes out

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
    06-23-12 04:05 PM
    64g might be better choice, if you can afford it. If looking for Skype and Netflix, no. New one may not be at the same prices.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-23-12 04:11 PM
    Well when the new ones come out with a little better hardware and 4G/3G whatever. And they'll just be 32/64, 16 is finito
    06-23-12 04:16 PM
    I'd say that it depends on the price. If you have a 9930 you must be on something other than ATT so the Bridge may not be a big deal for you but for me it is AWESOME! Anything under $200 should be a must buy. At worst it is a REALLY AWESOME ACCESSORY.
    06-23-12 04:33 PM
    It all depends on your use. If you use it as a business tool and don't need all of the games and media-centric apps or music or videos, a 16GB *might* be okay. But if you want to play games, store music and videos on it, only a 64GB will be viable. The 16GB PB has only 11.9GB actual usable memory available.
    06-23-12 04:38 PM
    If you don't need to store much on it go get a 16Gb.

I bought my 16 a couple of months ago when I could have bought a 32 or 64.

I now regret it and will eventually get a 64gb.
    Hawnz and Mr_Bunny like this.
    06-23-12 04:44 PM
    yea i planned to get only a couple of games on it but i really just wanted to use the bridge on it.

06-23-12 05:09 PM
    I bought a 64 gig right off the bat, and I'm glad I did. It's not nearly full, but it's great to not have to worry or constantly be deleting stuff. The price now is only $100 difference...$50 for a 32gig. OTOH, I can see the 16gig Playbooks getting even cheaper as the supply dwindles and retailers just want to get rid of them. Back to school sales could be worth waiting for.
    06-23-12 05:10 PM
    Best Buy is selling refurbished units now for $139.99 +tax. Thinking of getting one from them, but they don't promise a charger.
    06-23-12 05:28 PM
    Bought mine for something to read pdf's on, I was using an IPAQ, from day one it's in use constantly, IPAQ's only been on long enough to get my contacts and some files, the Playbook is great but if I had known how much I'd use it I would have gotten the 32g at a minimum instead of the 16g.
    06-23-12 06:04 PM
    Best Buy is selling refurbished units now for $139.99 +tax. Thinking of getting one from them, but they don't promise a charger.
    Walmart has the charger that comes with the PB for $16.67.
    06-23-12 06:11 PM
    Think carefully about what you want it for. Web browsing is good, email is okay, video, youtube etc is good. Apps pretty poor but can get some to work if you have patience. I've accepted the limitations and am happy with my purchase.
    06-23-12 06:32 PM
    You come onto a playbook forum of course people will say buy it.
    06-23-12 10:54 PM
    If you are willing to wait for a new model... as stated in your post, I assume you will be willing to pay vanilla prices.

If so... and willing to be patient MS Surface gets released later this year. Looking pretty sweet, and shaping up to be a sparring partner to the iPad.

Two models, one released 90 days later, with 128gig, digital ink pen and more than an APP machine.

A taster, google/bing for more info.

surface - YouTube
    06-23-12 11:14 PM
    I love my playbook, but such a general question it all depends on what you expect from it.
    PlayBook has met a day exceeded my expectations.
    06-23-12 11:40 PM
    Buy fast. The prices are going up. 64GB would be the best.

Sent from my BlackBerry Runtime for Android Apps
    06-24-12 01:17 AM
    Here is your answer broken down:
    1. Yes you should get one and drop AT&T if they are your carrier or you can't bridge in a normal manner.
    2. Buy a 64gig device bigger is better.
    3. Should you wait for the new PlayBook? NO because RIM is always pushing back dates and the current PlayBook will work fine for most people.
    06-24-12 06:12 AM
    If you don't need:
    Skype, Twitter, Netflix, Kindle viewer, Google Maps, a map client that actually works and gives you correct directions when you are stuck in Iceland, at native Dropbox, reliable PDF reader, reliable file browser, reliable web browser , usable cut copy paste from anywhere, integrat ed contacts / email across apps, organized bookmarks, reliable email / organizer, notepad,...and more. Then you should be ok.

I love my PB but I have come to fall in love with this developmentally disabled tablet. I guess that makes me non superficial?
    Fmar likes this.
    06-24-12 07:57 AM
    Was just going to post this. It's a really good deal.

I was thinking about it but for me, once the MicroSoft Surface hits the market it is game over. To have the same OS/UI on a phone, tablet and PC is just too strong for me to resist. Add the fact that many app will be the same or similar, I know what I will buy next.

I love BlackBerrys but this...
    06-24-12 08:03 AM
    If you don't need:
    Skype, Twitter, Netflix, Kindle viewer, Google Maps, a map client that actually works and gives you correct directions when you are stuck in Iceland, at native Dropbox, reliable PDF reader, reliable file browser, reliable web browser , usable cut copy paste from anywhere, integrat ed contacts / email across apps, organized bookmarks, reliable email / organizer, notepad,...and more. Then you should be ok.

I love my PB but I have come to fall in love with this developmentally disabled tablet. I guess that makes me non superficial?
    I assume which is a tricky thing to do, that bb10 will fix all but the apps and it could fix those also. I don't get your mentioning reliable file browser or web browser, files and folders is reliable and so is my web browser. Cut and paste works most everywhere for me, my email has been perfectly reliable. But don't buy what it may do buy on what it can do.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-24-12 08:16 AM
    I assume which is a tricky thing to do, that bb10 will fix all but the apps and it could fix those also. I don't get your mentioning reliable file browser or web browser, files and folders is reliable and so is my web browser. Cut and paste works most everywhere for me, my email has been perfectly reliable. But don't buy what it may do buy on what it can do.
    Sorry but the copy and pasting is whack. The pins have a mind of their own and jump around the place. The options when they appear are inconsistent. This must be improved in BB10.
    FF22 and Fmar like this.
    06-24-12 09:00 AM
    Sorry but the copy and pasting is whack. The pins have a mind of their own and jump around the place. The options when they appear are inconsistent. This must be improved in BB10.
    Yep it ain't perfect and needs work but it does work.
    Marty_LK likes this.
    06-24-12 09:57 AM
    If you don't need:

Iceland directions seem to be working with google maps.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-24-12 11:39 AM
    Magellan compass has Iceland too.
    Toodeurep likes this.
    06-24-12 12:00 PM
    ok even if i get the 32 gig it seems like you guys are having alot of down sides to the playbook from what i hear do you think these problems will be solved?

06-24-12 05:09 PM
52 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD