09-15-11 12:29 PM
    Here is the problem with patting ourselves on the back bases upon Android marketshare: Google doesn't care. They don't depend directly on tablet sales (unless you count minuscule app sale percentages). They don't even advertise the tablets.

In other words, Google does not lose much outside of R&D dollars if no other Android tablet sells. They don't need Android to do well as much as RIM needs the Playbook to do well.
    09-15-11 01:14 PM
    All speculation at this point.

I purchased a playbook with the promise that it was a "professional" device. I love both versions of the iPad but wanted something that I thought could really improve my workflow in a tablet form. I was Sadly disappointed and decided to return it.

The playbook is the most half baked rushed piece of hardware I have ever used. If it fails, RIM deserves it for releasing a device that clearly wasn't ready.
    Agree. I bought a playbook and returned it in less than five hours. How could anyone possibly think it was a good idea to sell a tablet that dictates which kind of phone I have in order to get any functionality out of it?

Playbook has got to be the stupidest of mistakes. Do they know that fewer and fewer people have BB phones?! All those millions of BB users in the third world cannot afford playbooks. IF and WHEN this OS2 brings six months of promises to fruition, there will be millions of potential customers who have moved on.

Dumb.

Another thing. Why two CEO's? Maybe that's the problem here?
    09-15-11 10:05 PM
    Agree. I bought a playbook and returned it in less than five hours. How could anyone possibly think it was a good idea to sell a tablet that dictates which kind of phone I have in order to get any functionality out of it?

Playbook has got to be the stupidest of mistakes. Do they know that fewer and fewer people have BB phones?! All those millions of BB users in the third world cannot afford playbooks. IF and WHEN this OS2 brings six months of promises to fruition, there will be millions of potential customers who have moved on.

Dumb.

Another thing. Why two CEO's? Maybe that's the problem here?
    Despite RIM's dismal earnings reports today, it was mentioned they have an active user base of 70 million BB's world wide and shipped lower than expected 10.4 million BB's last quarter. I am not going to defend the stock, the company, or the CEO's, but just say none of that matters since I like the products.

70 million users dude. Add in free data sharing, file sharing (bridge) no other phone/tablet here in America can boast and I have lost faith in the American consumer. They act like communists waiting on line for their Apple products with Steve Jobs as Stalin telling them they can only have one type of phone (iPhone) which will never have a different design like something simple, you know a KEYBOARD!!! Also you cannot buy a 7'' tablet, bc Stalin... I mean Steve says so.

Where Apple was once the underdog innovator, now it is the brilliant brainwashing marketer lawsuit happy corporate fascist it once mocked (Microsoft, IBM). Apple is now Da Man. They once had that 1984 like commercial only to become the company they once despised.

I like phones with QWERTY keyboards and free data sharing and full web on my tablet. Does that make me some nonconforming individual. No, just a tech consumer with something called logic, common sense, and practicality...
    09-15-11 10:57 PM
    Smh @ the thought of comparing Jobs to Stalin...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-15-11 11:09 PM
    Smh @ the thought of comparing Jobs to Stalin...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I get that some think its cool to hate Steve Jobs for no valid reason other than fanboyism, but its when I see comments like that guy with the Stalin crack and wonder when the **** the world got stuck on stupid.
    09-15-11 11:15 PM
    They act like communists waiting on line for their Apple products with Steve Jobs as Stalin telling them they can only have one type of phone (iPhone) which will never have a different design like something simple, you know a KEYBOARD!!! Also you cannot buy a 7'' tablet, bc Stalin... I mean Steve says so.
    Stalin? That's so incredibly ignorant. I almost feel sorry for you. I'm not terribly impressed with RIM's leadership, but I don't need to make boneheaded comparisons to prove my point. Apparently, you do. Sad.
    reeneebob likes this.
    09-15-11 11:35 PM
57 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD