Now I have read just about every Playbook review, and for the most part they are right. Native apps/PIM, incomplete bridge, lack of apps are all key concerns, but all these reviewers fail to mention one thing: The Blackberry Playbook is something RIM has never done with a baby OS that has never been out there. What they SHOULD all have mentioned about this is that all the problems are NOT hardware related.

Playbook has the best hardware out there imo. All the problems are software related, and last I checked, RIM already addressed a lot of the problems, saying we should expect all of these to be shored up in the near future. I have not seen a single hardware related issue thats out of the ordinary for the Playbook. Dead pixels happen to any device thats out there. The power button could have been designed better, but it is not broken out of the box...just a little more difficult to press. Other than that, its the best tablet out there in regards to hardware. The OS is also the best OS I have used on any mobile device.

Now with apps...they will come! The QNX OS is not difficult to make apps for, and I am sure that over the next coming months, we will see many more apps coming out there. When the iPhone first came out, there werent really that many apps...it took time for them to come. iPad had the iOS to work off of, which had been out there for a long time. QNX is brand new and nothing like it has been out there before.

Key word is patience people! Give it a few months and youll really be glad you dove into the world of the Blackberry Playbook! Anyone who speaks negative of the product SHOULD be smart enough to realize that it will take time. If you do not have the PB, DO NOT talk negative about the product, as you have no right to do so...as you do not even have the device. I have it and just plain LOVE it.
    04-25-11 11:53 AM
    1. Everyone knows the hardware is fine. But, software is not that easy to fix. If it were we would not be starring at a 75% developed product a week after launch.

2. Software is not all dependent on RIM, there are many third party companies who will not develop for the PlayBook.

3. I have every right to talk negative about any product. It's called an open market with supply/demand. Do you think if everyone just ignored the issues RIM will make everything work? NOT.

Someone needs to get off the fantasy horse and come down to reality. The PlayBook needs a lot of work and it's not as simple as uploading better software.
    amboy83 and slbailey1 like this.
    04-25-11 11:59 AM
    1. Everyone knows the hardware is fine. But, software is not that easy to fix. If it were we would not be starring at a 75% developed product a week after launch.

2. Software is not all dependent on RIM, there are many third party companies who will not develop for the PlayBook.

3. I have every right to talk negative about any product. It's called an open market with supply/demand. Do you think if everyone just ignored the issues RIM will make everything work? NOT.

Someone needs to get off the fantasy horse and come down to reality. The PlayBook needs a lot of work and it's not as simple as uploading better software.
    If this product is at 75% then the PB in my opinion will be massively better than the other tablets in the currently in the market, when it is 100%. The question is how did you calculate the percentage or will it ever be 100%?

Also on your second point do you know any third party company that will not develop for RIMM ? Would be interesting to see who is opting out.

And as for your third point I agree that you have the right to talk negative about any product, but what do you mean by "open market with supply/demand"? What does the term "open market with supply/demand" even mean?
    04-25-11 01:22 PM
    Many reviewers review biased against anything not Apple, particularly in the mainstream press.

You'll never get an honest opinion on anything out of Goatberg for instance.
    buwee likes this.
    04-25-11 01:41 PM
    If this product is at 75% then the PB in my opinion will be massively better than the other tablets in the currently in the market, when it is 100%.
    It will be interesting to see what the negative Nancy's have to say in a few months. Real developers will develop for the playbook, the rest will keep repackaging fart apps to make $0.99

What does the term "open market with supply/demand" even mean?
    Egg management fee
    04-25-11 02:00 PM
    There have been estimates of almost 100 tablets launched in 2011. If you open them up, the hardware is not that different from device to device. The make or break is the software!

In fact the hardware for this device was probably ready since Oct 2010 when they were parading the unit around.

RIM spends too much time on hardware and insufficient time figuring out user experience. (which means software)
    04-25-11 02:21 PM
    Why when problems are called out on BlackBerry devices it always turns into bias from Apple users against Rim? Apple's track record stands on its own with customer sales! Best in industry!

Rim's track record is less than seller! I went through the new Storm 1 Storm2 fiasco with Rim, all blackberry users said wait for updates wait for updates, and when all the updates and new OS came to make the Blackberry phones work as promised the Storm 1&2 would not run the new OS thus making you buy a new device in order to run the new OS!

So now I buy a PB thinking surely Rim would not put to market another half *** product, but WRONG! And what do I hear from all the BlackBerry apologist "wait for the software updates and fixes" LMAO Rim you fooled me again!

Is Rim going to guarantee after all the updates to make this thing stable and usable that I wont have to go out and buy an updated version?

BlackBerry users say the best thing about phones are the email, bbm, and it is a business phone. Well on PB release Rims has no email, no bbm, and bes support! But yes they will now tell you it has FLASH! That is great except the BB phones still can't open a webpage without falling asleep from taking so long!

And lastly we were told 3000 apps on release. Not one app from my BB phone is in App World compatible with playbook! Yes they do have apps, last I counted there over 40 clock apps alone WTH!

But I will listen to all the Blackberry apologist say, just wait for software updates! That should be Rim new company saying.
    04-25-11 02:24 PM
    Reviewers review based on current capability, not "potential." If I'm buying the device today, I want to know what it can do today. Now, if RIM wants to get the software finished, then send the device back to the reviewers for follow ups, they are free to do so. But it's silly to criticize reviewers for not grading on a curve based on features RIM is adding in the future, especially since the reviewers don't have any details as to the quality of those features.
    troll alert
    04-25-11 02:42 PM
    Are you done kissing Apple's ***? BTW, you do realize there are more Android and BB phones being used than iPhones, right? But this is not about Apple.

I will give you the Storm1 and 2 sucked. But in general I view touchscreen only phones with no physical keyboard gimped, yes including even good media phones like iPhone or EVO, etc. How to type on such small screens with no feel? But to each his own.

As for the PB, yes, I agree its flawed. Right now, I would have to say the iPad2 is the best tablet out there. But the PB has potential. It does have a good OS, UI, web browser, flash enabled, works with the new Amazon Cloud HD service (which Amazon has blocked portable Apple devices from this), so they did get some things right at launch.

The AT&T fiasco is an embarrassment and will get even worse if AT&T want to charge everyone to Bridge.

The Bridge works well in emails, calendar, etc. but really sux on the Bridge Browser and needs a fix.

The native email thing doesn't matter at all when its a WiFi only device. Is there so magical WiFi only tablet that can get emails when not in a WiFi hotspot? No, so why is this such a consistent criticism?

Most people who will buy this are BB users anyway, has there been a tablet yet with better email/notifications that a BB? I have yet to see it, so why try and out do something thats already perfect on a companion type device?

Also the PB gets emails, it is capable of doing email in a WiFi area, just log into the real browsers/sites to get it, just like a laptop. Do laptops get bashed for this lame unfair nitpicking? Nope.
    04-25-11 02:43 PM
    Are you done kissing Apple's ***? BTW, you do realize there are more Android and BB phones being used than iPhones, right? But this is not about Apple.

I will give you the Storm1 and 2 sucked. But in general I view touchscreen only phones with no physical keyboard gimped, yes including even good media phones like iPhone or EVO, etc. How to type on such small screens with no feel? But to each his own.

As for the PB, yes, I agree its flawed. Right now, I would have to say the iPad2 is the best tablet out there. But the PB has potential. It does have a good OS, UI, web browser, flash enabled, works with the new Amazon Cloud HD service (which Amazon has blocked portable Apple devices from this), so they did get some things right at launch.

The AT&T fiasco is an embarrassment and will get even worse if AT&T want to charge everyone to Bridge.

The Bridge works well in emails, calendar, etc. but really sux on the Bridge Browser and needs a fix.

The native email thing doesn't matter at all when its a WiFi only device. Is there so magical WiFi only tablet that can get emails when not in a WiFi hotspot? No, so why is this such a consistent criticism?

Most people who will buy this are BB users anyway, has there been a tablet yet with better email/notifications that a BB? I have yet to see it, so why try and out do something thats already perfect on a companion type device?

Also the PB gets emails, it is capable of doing email in a WiFi area, just log into the real browsers/sites to get it, just like a laptop. Do laptops get bashed for this lame unfair nitpicking? Nope.
    Don'y bother argueing with a troll.

Just keep in mind a list of trolls and ignore.

You replying to them is exactly what they want.
    04-25-11 02:46 PM
    Many reviewers review biased against anything not Apple, particularly in the mainstream press.

You'll never get an honest opinion on anything out of Goatberg for instance.

youre right..the world and media has a conspiracy is to devalue every company not named apple..

jeez
    04-25-11 02:55 PM
    youre right..the world and media has a conspiracy is to devalue every company not named apple..

jeez
    Why is it that when someone mentions bias, some people like you would quickly play the "conspiracy" card??? I'm surprised you didn't use the "tin foil hat" expression.

Bias in the media happens all the time. If bankers can manipulate the market, get rich and get away with it and virtually destroy the world's biggest economy in the process, some bias in the media (especially tech media and blogging) is child's play.

Maybe you are being naive, not him being a conspiracy theorist.
    Last edited by Intosh; 04-25-11 at 03:55 PM.
    04-25-11 03:49 PM
    Why is it that when someone mentions bias, some people like you would quickly play the "conspiracy" card??? I'm surprised you didn't use the "tin foil hat" expression.

Bias in the media happens all the time. If bankers can manipulate the market, get rich and get away with it and virtually destroy the world's biggest economy in the process, some bias in the media (especially tech media and blogging) is child's play.

Maybe you are being naive, not him being a conspiracy theorist.
    If anyone honestly believes Apple doesn't enjoy massive bias in the mainstream media, I'll happily donate my ocean view beach house in Utah, you'll just have to pay a small handling fee and it's all yours.

;-)
    04-25-11 04:06 PM
    I just think all of you gotta take a break and watch some of the stuff from Blackberry world. We got BBM when they said we would...we WILL get our native apps this summer...we WILL get android support. Things are looking REAL good for PB owners. Quit the hating. Yes the PB probably came out earlier than it should have but I am glad I had it since day 1. I have the pleasure knowing that I experienced the device grow from what it was. I am very excited to know that the PB is really taking off!
    dgary8 likes this.
    05-05-11 11:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD