This was from an interview that he did with Engadget:

"But you think the tablet is competitive for those who want a non-work device.

Hands down. The built-in functionality, the social integration and the apps -- we have 10,000 apps in App World specifically for PlayBook today, plus those apps built for Android. It's also a fantastic consumption device, whether it's media, video, music or reading, there's multitudes of ways to do this and the form factor again, portable, is great for on-the-go media consumption as well as reading. And that seven-inch form factor is beautiful for reading a book."

I wonder how often/if actually uses his playbook. Half the apps in the APP World are "Meh".

"we have 10,000 apps in App World specifically for PlayBook today, plus those apps built for Android" Android apps? That would be true if the playbook ran 80% of "android" apps but that's not the case.

Fantastic for media, music video? Really, has he tried watching a movie, closing the player and then coming back later to find that you have to scrub the entire movie to get back to where you were originally? (same for songs)

"So the messaging wasn't there in the first version because you didn't think that's what people wanted out of the device?

Well, we wanted to make sure that the experience that we delivered for the PlayBook was something that BlackBerry users would find valuable. Again, the pairing of using your tablet with your phone to view email and keep that kind of view and synchronization in place is something we felt that would really excite BlackBerry users. But it seems that many users also just want an on-device built-in messaging application"

Let's bring a tablet out and forget about giving it built in messaging. Instead, let's give it messaging that's similar to the Palm Foleo. Apparently no one in RIM got the memo that the Palm Foleo failed.

"So you initially envisioned the PlayBook as more of a supplemental device to your smartphone?

I think initially it was a great tablet for BlackBerry users to use as a companion to the smartphone, but what we've seen is that users who have the PlayBook love it just as much on its own."

How is it a great tablet if it had to be dependent on the phone? Very similar to Palm foleo version 2.
    Last edited by rolexconfuse; 02-24-12 at 09:41 AM.
    02-24-12 09:38 AM
    Ignore list, direct.
    02-24-12 09:47 AM
    Wow... negative propaganda from Endgadget... how surprising...
    02-24-12 09:58 AM
    What would everyone say if it lacked integration with the BlackBerry HH's? Give me a break....RIM's on to something with integration...some people just don't get it
    02-24-12 09:58 AM
    What would everyone say if it lacked integration with the BlackBerry HH's? Give me a break....RIM's on to something with integration...some people just don't get it
    Personally I don't think the integration with Blackberry's HH is the issue at hand. It's making the tablet dependent on the HH that I think is a bigger problem.
    02-24-12 10:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD