Hey everyone I'm kinda new to the forms so please forgive me if I sound noobish.

Anyways I got a second hand playbook yesterday and the playbook it self runs great, but man have I been having some trouble getting desktop manager to see it.

heres the deal:

I'll plug in my PB and on the PB it sees that its connected to the computer alright thats a good sign. After waiting a bit DM pops up but nothing happens after that it just asks me to plug in my blackberry device... I've tried everything... reinstalling DM, restarting my playbook restoring my PB trying on a different computer I've trying everything and I'm just about to take this thing and throw it out the window.

also I have a question on how the PB charges, what can it be charged through because when I got the PB it was just the PB no wires or chargers.
    08-23-11 12:40 PM
    Have you tried starting the DM and then plugging the PB into the computer when prompted?
    08-23-11 12:51 PM
    It won't charge plugged into the computer via the usb cable, even though the pb rapid charger does plug into the usb port.

You need the charging dock or rapid charger. I think a bb phone charger may work, but not 100% sure.
    08-23-11 12:51 PM
    what can it be charged through because when I got the PB it was just the PB no wires or chargers.
    Rapid Charger:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=sES60FXW
    08-23-11 01:11 PM
    It will charge plugged into computer, ive done it many times, its just very slow. Id be careful with yours, get a charger before the battery drains, early PB os's required PB to be powered on to charge, if you have one of those os's and your PB dies your in for a headache.
    08-23-11 01:15 PM
    Yup. that will work. That plugs into the charger port. I made a mistake. The factory pb charger plugs into the usb port.

BlackBerryPremiumCharger - RIM US
    08-23-11 01:16 PM
    Thanks for the help guys! right now I have it charging through a usb wall plug. But I still can't get DM to see the PB. On the playbook it says its connected to computer but on DM it still says connect your blackberry device.
    08-23-11 01:43 PM
    Did you switch it to Playbook under Device on the DM?
    08-23-11 01:46 PM
    I went to the switch devices under the device drop down menu but it just tells me to plug it my device it is plugged it though and windows makes new device plugged in noises I don't get it
    08-23-11 01:53 PM
    Definitely a hair puller. After throwing your pb out the window, you might want to consider doing the same with your pc.
    08-23-11 02:01 PM
    hahahaha thanks! But I FINALLY got DM to see the PB after a good 24 hours of this ... ____. thanks for the help everyone!
    08-23-11 02:08 PM
    Well we didn't do much, but happy you're up and running.

Hope you enjoy your playbook.
    08-23-11 02:15 PM
    oops look like I spoke too soon x_x I unplugged it and I plugged it back it and then it the a window popped up saying it can't connected to the device -_- I'm just about to smash this thing to pieces :@
    08-23-11 02:19 PM
    Thanks for the help guys! right now I have it charging through a usb wall plug. But I still can't get DM to see the PB. On the playbook it says its connected to computer but on DM it still says connect your blackberry device.
    I ask again, did you plug the PB in when prompted as opposed to having it connected when the DM was launched? I don't know if that will make a difference but it seemed to do the trick for me once, IIRC.
    08-23-11 02:20 PM
    Try plugging it into a different USB port on the computer or maybe use a different USB cable.
    08-23-11 02:29 PM
    At the very least you should get the charger that came with the PB. The usb wall charger that came with the phones is very slow. The best option would be the rapid charger that uses the magnetic spot next to the usb on the PB.

I have had different results using different usb cables. I think it has something to do with the construction of the cable. The Crackberry store has everything you need. Try the right equipment before you smash it.
    08-23-11 02:40 PM
    You did a full restore on the PB? Which version of Desktop Manager do you have? Make sure it is up to date.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-23-11 02:46 PM
    Yes I did plug it when prompted but still nothing
    08-23-11 02:56 PM
    I haven't been able to do a backup since the last update. DM connects to playbook but backup always fails.
    08-23-11 05:54 PM
    oops look like I spoke too soon x_x I unplugged it and I plugged it back it and then it the a window popped up saying it can't connected to the device -_- I'm just about to smash this thing to pieces :@
    What platform is your PC running on? I had the same issues and had to upgrade from VISTA to Wndows 7 and then from DM 5 to DM 6
    08-23-11 07:48 PM
    I'm actually using a Mac but I do have access to a PC as well but when I plug it in to my mac desktop manager opens but it just tells me to plug in a device nothing else happens I'm really started to get upset with this thing because I traded my iPad for the PB and I'm just going threw **** just to sync it x_x
    08-23-11 08:18 PM
    I had this problem too. One of many reasons I returned it. If the "rapid charger" is required to make the thing usable, it ought to be included in the price, imho.
    08-23-11 08:47 PM
    I had this problem too. One of many reasons I returned it. If the "rapid charger" is required to make the thing usable, it ought to be included in the price, imho.
    But he bought it used. So the seller probably keep the factory charger to fast charge his phone.
    08-23-11 08:54 PM
    So in short I got ripped off I guess huh?
    08-23-11 09:09 PM
    So in short I got ripped off I guess huh?
    Sorry to say, yup.

In the box was the playbook, safety and product information booklet, getting started card, neoprene sleeve, micro-usb cable, micro-usb folding blade charger and cleaning cloth.

Info taken right off the box of my 64Gb with all tablets containing the same accessories.
    08-23-11 09:26 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD