alright sold my wife on after a few seconds only took me a nano second to be sold though lol
    09-27-10 08:25 PM
    iPad already on ebay!
    09-27-10 08:30 PM
    09-27-10 08:35 PM
    Would LOVE this if it had 3g. I dont get why they released without it...and tethering isnt the answer
    09-27-10 08:36 PM
    Would LOVE this if it had 3g. I dont get why they released without it...and tethering isnt the answer
    Why? I don't understand why people are having such a problem with this?
    09-27-10 08:39 PM
    Im sure it said 3G & 4G versions "might" be released + 3G is old news
    09-27-10 08:40 PM
    You don't think verizon would let them do that,? I know verizon and they will never let this happen, without another data plan.. sorry

What are they going to do to stop it? Seriously discontinue all BB's and no longer sell them? That is the only way I can see them doing that.
    09-27-10 08:40 PM
    Its my understanding that tethering is slow and drains battery....is that true?
    09-27-10 08:41 PM
    Its my understanding that tethering is slow and drains battery....is that true?
    I don't know about slow since from my understanding it will be connecting by bluetooth but yes this could be draining on the battery.
    09-27-10 08:45 PM
    Love it, love it, love it! Especially if it stands true that it will operate as an amplifier through secure Bluetooth. This is huge! I can see this holding businesses that already have BB devices and BES in place until RIM catches up with a new line of devices to compliment their tablet technology. No new software, no new data plan, are you kidding me?! I would get it in a heart beat just to use to extend the life and effectiveness of my 8900. With the cost of the tablet data plans for IPad and Samsung's Tab, the Playbook will fly under the radar like a stealth bomber!
    09-27-10 08:47 PM
    This looks REAL nice and the first release will be WiFi Only. I’m wondering if I can use my Droid Incredible Hotspot with this tablet and have access to my hosted Exchange account (SherWeb) and the internet?

Also what site do I monitor to keep track of applications for the tablet? I'm looking for apps for Documents to Go, Evernote, Remember The Milk, Live365, Olivetree BibleReader, Facebook, Twitter.

I'm also wondering if the Web browser will be able to fully uitilize the Microsoft Office Web Apps (View, Create, Modify) on my 25G Skydrive?

Edit: Will I be able to use the google apps on this tablet - maps, earth skyMap?
    Last edited by slbailey1; 09-27-10 at 09:03 PM.
    09-27-10 08:55 PM
    I haven't seen any mention on the expectation of the battery life.

Anyone have any info on this?

TIA
    09-27-10 09:00 PM
    This looks REAL nice and the first release will be WiFi Only. I�m wondering if I can use my Droid Incredible Hotspot with this tablet and have access to my hosted Exchange account (SherWeb) and the internet?

Also what site do I monitor to keep track of applications for the tablet? I'm looking for apps for Documents to Go, Evernote, Remember The Milk, Live365, Olivetree BibleReader.

I'm also wondering if the Web browser will be able to fully uitilize the Microsoft Office Web Apps (View, Create, Modify) on my 25G Skydrive?
    Docs 2 Go and Olivetree would be awesome to use on this baby! Sermon prep, writing and research. In fact E-Sword Live would be awesome as well, I'm getting pumped. Hopefully it's not $1,000! lol
    09-27-10 09:06 PM
    Standing in line now... going to be a long cold wait... Someone wanna grab the food?
    09-27-10 09:20 PM
    Wow, am impressed. I never had a QWERTY BB so I don't think I could get used to the small buttons, just go with another Storm. The refresh doesn't look so bad now, since it would be used to tether...

Tried to type on the ipad and it was to small to type traditionally but with this Playbook, typing with thumbs could really fly without having to worry about hitting the next door keys.

I wonder if it will be customizable? Any themers waiting to develop for this? lol

Does D2G really have a good enough powerpoint companion to build presentations?
    09-27-10 10:06 PM
    Noticed the lack of GPS. Can location data be tethered over from the BB handset? Would love to use the Playbook as a navigation device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-27-10 11:05 PM
    I'm seeing the ports on the side and thinking there is some nice stereo speakers in there.
    09-27-10 11:47 PM
    So, where will you be able to buy one of these since there aren't really any BlackBerry retail stores.. and it won't have any 3G to start with so why would the cellular companies sell them?
    09-28-10 01:41 AM
    Noticed the lack of GPS. Can location data be tethered over from the BB handset? Would love to use the Playbook as a navigation device.
    Does anyone know if PlayBook will have GPS? Or if you can indeed utilize GPS via your handset?
    09-28-10 02:46 AM
    whens this Playbook suppose to come out?? I want it NOW! lol
    09-28-10 07:17 AM
    Now this is what i'm talking about RIM! Finally you stepped it UP! good Job RIM! The future of new phones looks promising now!
    09-28-10 07:26 AM
    i just want to say one thing... i've never wanted something more than i want this right now.
    09-28-10 07:47 AM
    whens this Playbook suppose to come out?? I want it NOW! lol
    Early 2011. I'm right there with ya. Wish they would be out for the holiday season!
    09-28-10 10:28 AM
    Having just recently made the switch from my S2 to a droid about 2 weeks ago, I must say this device is truly impressive given RIM's history. If they start making their phones like this, I foresee many of the converted coming back to BB. I enjoy flashing roms and overclocking kernels to switch back. But for those who don't enjoy almost bricking their phone atleast once a week, "that'll do pig, that'll do."

Bravo rim, bravo
    09-28-10 10:56 AM
    What about content creation? Can the PlayBook do it? I'm not an Apple person and have heard the iPad has very limited content creation capability (i.e. targeted at content consumers). As a business device the PlayBook needs to, at minimum, be able to download documents to read, edit, save and send back out, and to create new documents. Otherwise that would be of no use to me. It is a reason why I won't get the iPad. I would want to be able to review my powerpoint presentations and edit right on the PlayBook, mark up documents while reviewing it, etc. It would not replace my laptop, but serves as a complement when working on the plane or something.
    09-28-10 11:07 AM
439 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD