Okay, I gotta rant here for a second. Sure, some of us have been waiting for 2.1. But if we didn't read cb earlier, we wouldn't have know about the unofficial announcement of 2.1. So all this RIM bashing can simmer down now. You're still using your devices. Before, if cb didn't post this first, most of you would be bitchin how "this is CrackBerry where we are suppose to find out first". Now it's "why post this if you just wound up lookin stupid" and if you're one who has posted both at sometime, well, kettle and pot.....
    People! Really?
    It's not like you're waiting for a subway or bus. Trust me! This delay is nothing compared to that! Try waiting in the torrential rain on 14th street waiting for an M14A bus while you see M14D after M14D. You have no umbrella, and when you see one more bus coming....
    M14D!
    Fellow NYers would know what I'm talking about.
    This software update delay isn't the end of the world!!!!

That's on December 21st!
    09-18-12 10:05 PM
    I would think that some of the workers would get sometime off, if not, there will be burn out and then the production will drop.
    It's hard work not producing anything.
    Have you guys seen how many open job postings there are on the RIM site? If anything, they are short staffed because everyone decided to jump ship. There are over 100 positions spread over a couple pages. It's hard to attract talent when the perception is doom and gloom.
    09-18-12 10:07 PM
    It was a rumor folks. Get over it. Bla1ze posts a rumor from some guy he knows and all of a sudden it is an official statement from RIM. What nonsense, this thread is beyond silly. Bla1ze, time to suck it up and admit a mistake.
    mapsonburt and PowderJockey like this.
    09-18-12 10:13 PM
    [/b] ;7627662]It was a rumor folks. Get over it. Bla1ze posts a rumor from some guy he knows and all of a sudden it is an official statement from RIM. What nonsense, this thread is beyond silly. Bla1ze, time to suck it up and admit a mistake.
    It's SO much more fun to watch the trolls blame RIM for not releasing when the rumour said they would! Idiots, the whole lot of them.
    09-18-12 10:23 PM
    Yes it is an "UNOFFICIAL". RIM never said anything of the sorts.

I wish there was a thumbs down icon on the site!
    mnhockeycoach99 likes this.
    09-18-12 10:28 PM
    As someone who works in QA, you can really only give an indication of how long the QA cycle will take to the powers that be and how testing is progressing. If early in the QA cycle, things look good, sometimes people say it "will" be released after QA is done. Well, what if QA finds a bug (they will)?

Then, internally, its discussed the work around, the impact, delaying for fix, etc. Bugs with workarounds are not necessarily show stoppers, but bricking a unit would be (for me anyways).

I've seen times where a release passed my QA tests, only to run into new production issues that were not part of QA process... For example with RIM, the last release was pulled after finding out of box units couldn't upgrade, or upgraded with issues (I believe something along those lines). That might be something the QA guys didn't think to do, since they may focus on upgrades from previous version, not from 5 releases (or 1.5 years) ago... units that are in QA usually stay that way (not in out of box state), and do not necessarily test with an out of box running v1.0 exactly. You get my drift.

Bottom line, if a company pulls a release, thank them for having QA! It's usually from calculated risk decision and someone having the balls to not give in to releasing a bad release.
    09-18-12 10:28 PM
    Come on RIM been waiting months for this upgrade!
    09-18-12 10:40 PM
    O M G!!! The unofficial, not from RIM, 2.1 update is not coming!!!! Kill me now!!!

Seriously people, WGAS?

Enjoy your playbooks and carry on.
    mnhockeycoach99, bitek and andy957 like this.
    09-18-12 10:41 PM
    ******** about an update not coming that was never "officially" announced is like ******** about not getting a $100 deposit into your checking account that you were not told you were going to get....
    In other words STFU!!!!!!
    09-18-12 10:44 PM
    Absolutely not!

RIM teaches classes on how to look stupid and incompetent.
    Certain posters on this site must have taken that class because they seem to think RIM officially announced this update and then pulled/delayed it....
    09-18-12 11:30 PM
    People aren't "********" about the fact that its not coming tomorrow, they're like the rest of us who are tired of waiting for it period. I personally am pretty ticked that we haven't seen the official, but I'm NOT gonna sit here and let you all know that. Talking about trolls, it only took 1 person to say "RIM NEVER ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED A RELEASE" not an entire freaking page. Time to close this thread.
    Rello likes this.
    09-18-12 11:50 PM
    @ Bla1ze, think that you need to drop that source if he/she has been wrong twice before this. I could start sending you emails claiming that I work for RIM if you want, using guesses when it will come out!
    No one ever said they were wrong twice before, only you.. lol.

Anyway.. lesson learned. Next time I'll keep the info to myself, since it appears some can't handle the truth. Heh

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UXoNE14U_zM[/YT]
    09-19-12 01:46 AM
    People aren't "********" about the fact that its not coming tomorrow, they're like the rest of us who are tired of waiting for it period. I personally am pretty ticked that we haven't seen the official, but I'm NOT gonna sit here and let you all know that. Talking about trolls, it only took 1 person to say "RIM NEVER ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED A RELEASE" not an entire freaking page. Time to close this thread.
    Agreed....like people said, it was a rumor and I can't be upset at that but waiting months and months for a .1 update is getting ridiculous. I love how we're trolls for wanting something that we've known has been coming for a long time. No "meaningful" update since February....no need to call people trolls for getting a little impatient
    09-19-12 02:33 AM
    Anyway.. lesson learned. Next time I'll keep the info to myself, since it appears some can't handle the truth. Hehe
    I do (and think I'm talking for lots of people) appreciate the work you do in CB so please, once you have new RUMORS, just let us know.

Thanks to your work and all the people on the CB team, CB is my first BB information source.

Cheers from Barcelona!
    trinipoco, bitek, FF22 and 4 others like this.
    09-19-12 02:49 AM
    I think if they encounter problems with some heavily technical stuff, they should still have managed a superficial update in the summer, for psychological reasons.

Like turning the email app vertical or managing bookmarks. That shouldn't take testing forever.

Sometimes I feel the problem is no longer that they hint at updates, the problem is that they continue pretending that they're working.
    09-19-12 02:58 AM
    In fairness to RIM, I'm sure the bulk of their OS developers are working on BB10 and there is a very small group maintaining and enhancing OS 2.0.
    09-19-12 06:23 AM
    My milk man told me it may, might, should, possibly is, ideally is and could be out tomorrow. (Thursday 20)...if we cross all our fingers and toes.
    09-19-12 07:06 AM
    In fairness to RIM, I'm sure the bulk of their OS developers are working on BB10 and there is a very small group maintaining and enhancing OS 2.0.
    BB10 is OS 2.1. It's the same product. You can't develop BB10 unless you have developed OS 2.1. At a conference, I just recently played with one of those Alpha phones that RIM gave to developers... in essence, it was a "mini-Playbook"... exactly the same thing, except that is was OS 10, not 2.1. The UI is the only thing that will really be different, at least initially.
    09-19-12 07:34 AM
    just go here - punch in your Playbook Pin number and get 2.1

So what if it says Beta - really what are we all expecting - tea and toast to be made for you by it??

go on, takes seconds - been running it since it came out, no issues at all!!!!

https://developer.blackberry.com/register/

Personally - cursor, delete keys, naitive Twitter and Linkedin, folder structures for documents (file manager is pants) and a decent browser favourites organiser is all I need.

Nothing major.
    Graheem, MrNutt and rbrooks86 like this.
    09-19-12 08:29 AM
    My milk man told me it may, might, should, possibly is, ideally is and could be out tomorrow. (Thursday 20)...if we cross all our fingers and toes.
    Sounds pretty reliable to me!!!
    09-19-12 08:49 AM
    Thanks for the updates, Bla1ze. I'd rather know than not, even if it's not the news I hoped for.
    Chaddface likes this.
    09-19-12 09:06 AM
    How often is your milk on time?
    09-19-12 09:17 AM
    How often is your milk on time?
    My wife tells me the milko is regular as clockwork ;-)
    Barljo likes this.
    09-19-12 10:08 AM
    Thanks for the updates, Bla1ze. I'd rather know than not, even if it's not the news I hoped for.
    I see that the same way. Bla1ze, thank you Sir for giving us information, please do not hesitate to continue. I appreciate what you do.
    currygoat likes this.
    09-19-12 10:09 AM
    Does a 2.1 upgrade really matter?

Us CB fans are interesting in having a smooth evolution to the next level of OS. Perhaps the few other PB users ('few' compared to iPad and the aggregate numbers of Android tablets) likely do not really care? Sure, everyone wants a few tweaks for specific need. My wife needs Japanese KB, but how many others need special KB's?

There will not be a tablet (of any kind) that all users enjoy until the time that all functions are unified from experience, much like all MS OS PC's look somewhat similar to all Apple OS PC's.

What I REALLY want is a BB10 all touch screen phone to pair with a PB OS10. I am patiently waiting. I do not want RIM to fail; OS10 MUST be great on release.

That being said, let us wait for a great PB OS upgrade not a lousy one.
    randomkidsrule and andy957 like this.
    09-19-12 10:22 AM
177 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD