So I know I should probably just wait and see, but does anyone know if the new version of bridge will block internet access like the last one did? Thankfully Rorry provided the bridge update that did not block internet access.
    That should only be an issue with AT&T but save yourself any potential problems and download every new version from rroyy.com.
    09-18-12 05:58 PM
    I got excited ,I got mad,I got over it. It'll get here when its ready. I just hope its good. I hope there is a little something extra than what we already know about.
    LOL I can say that too along with I vented!

Battery life is noticeably improved, at least from my own perspective. The beta has issues though. My Playbook no longer charges while connected to my PC (it still charges through wall plug though). Also, things seem noticeably less smooth.. choppy, even.. the animations, when you are sliding between programs, or opening and closing folders, that kind of thing.

I wonder if RIM added some kind of undervolting/clocking capability to this version of the OS.. it would explain the better battery life as well as the decrease in animation smoothness. Maybe the CPU only runs at full chug when it absolutely needs to now, and the voltage/speed scales accordingly, as controlled by the OS.
    Ah Thanks. But I was talking about the expected life span of the battery inside and joking about RIM supplying a new one when the update comes.

I think the battery might be good for 3 years if lucky?
    BB_Bmore likes this.
    09-18-12 05:59 PM

I think the battery might be good for 3 years if lucky?
    I think it depends more on charge - discharge cycles rather then years. I'm at 358 now.
    09-18-12 06:04 PM
    The only thing that looks worthwhile in 2.1 is the imap folders fix.

RIM really have not provided a native email solution on pb until your folders are recognized and usable.
    09-18-12 06:27 PM
    I got excited ,I got mad,I got over it. It'll get here when its ready. I just hope its good. I hope there is a little something extra than what we already know about.
    There will be - more digits at the end of the version: 2.1.998888886666666666669999999951
    BB_Bmore, JeepBB and esk369 like this.
    09-18-12 06:38 PM
    Ah the modern day RIMpire strikes again! Operation PumpFake continues unabated.
    09-18-12 06:57 PM
    Maybe this is progress?

After all, RIM pulling the rumour shortly after release has to be less traumatic than pulling the OS shortly after release (again).

Do you think RIM take special classes in how to make themselves look stupid and incompetent?
    Jeep:

Really, haven't you ever made a mistake and a mistake and a mistake and .... Let me rephrase that. Jeep, haven't ..... Well, I guess it can't be rephrased.

Rim, is, well, Rim.
    JeepBB and esk369 like this.
    09-18-12 08:15 PM
    Any word on Dev alpha BBM? is it still coming on Thursday?
    09-18-12 08:28 PM
    I think it depends more on charge - discharge cycles rather then years. I'm at 358 now.
    I'm at 320
    09-18-12 08:34 PM
    Wouldn't have known I missed anything if it wasn't for this thread. I'm already on 2.1 beta. Works fine. Any new features and improvements would be nice, but I'm not sitting around giving my PB dirty looks because it's not here.
    Same here. All my Playbooks 16GB 32GB and 64GB running on 358, 668 and beta are all good. If 2.1 release comes, will upgrade. No big deal when it comes.

So a lot of you are fussing about nothing.

I have to thank for the heads up on the 668 update in CRACKBERRY. I managed to get it on one PlayBook and it's performing great.

The best update will be the BB10.

Stay cool.
    09-18-12 08:41 PM
    Could be that a lot of folks are on vacation right now @ RIM.
    09-18-12 08:51 PM
    I thought vacations were canceled until BB10 was out?
    09-18-12 08:55 PM
    I thought vacations were canceled until BB10 was out?
    Maybe for some, but I know 3 people whom are on vacation.
    09-18-12 08:58 PM
    That should only be an issue with AT&T but save yourself any potential problems and download every new version from rroyy.com.
    I am really hoping AT&T comes to their senses on this. The new Shared Data Plans allow free tethering, why not bridge then?
    09-18-12 09:14 PM
    The numbering of the versions is odd. At the rate they are going it will be version 2.2. They are already past 2.1 with the numbering they are doing. Should it be in the high 2.0 (ie:2.0.987)if is going to be released as 2.1? Or is this the way RIM does things?
    reidban likes this.
    09-18-12 09:18 PM
    Maybe for some, but I know 3 people whom are on vacation.
    I would think that some of the workers would get sometime off, if not, there will be burn out and then the production will drop.
    09-18-12 09:20 PM
    The average consumer (who doesn't read crackberry forums) probably has no clue 2.1 beta even exists... With that said RIM should either eventually release Official 2.1 or just make the beta 2.1 the official version so everyone can get a piece of cake.
    09-18-12 09:21 PM
    Calm your pickle. If we didn't post it and knew about it you'd be saying the opposite. At the time, it was good info and then it got reversed. It was posted as a rumor / speculation and it is what it is. Get over it.

(Do I dare even mention RIM also let a Twitter update out the door and then had to pull it, because it was broken for some?)
    Deep cleansing breaths..... OK.. Pickle is now calm.

I'm one of the few that got 2.0.1.688 and it's running fine (on 2 devices). I don't listen to any rumors. I only listen to the pickle. And the pickle tells me that 2.1 will be shown off in the keynote of BBJam, developers will be able to update at Jam, and it will be made available for everyone else Friday, 9/28. But if that doesn't happen, then there's going to be one very un-calm pickle!!!
    esk369 likes this.
    09-18-12 09:21 PM
    I am really hoping AT&T comes to their senses on this. The new Shared Data Plans allow free tethering, why not bridge then?
    Not to get off topic here, but with the extra money you spend on the shared plans, you basically paid for it plus a little bit more.
    Last edited by antiRIM; 09-18-12 at 10:17 PM.
    09-18-12 09:25 PM
    I was hoping it dropped sometime soon..
    Oh well.. To think of it positively maybe its better postponed than pulled back like 2.0.1668.
    09-18-12 09:29 PM
    Once again... RIM drops the ball! Is anyone really surprised? Is anyone surprised why Apple is years ahead? They give a date, they DELIVER. Funny thing is that the PlayBook has so much potential for customers but really it's only GREAT for users with BlackBerry phones.

Can't wait for my new iPad or Amazon Kindle Fire HD.

Such a shame.
    09-18-12 09:41 PM
    I would think that some of the workers would get sometime off, if not, there will be burn out and then the production will drop.
    It's hard work not producing anything.
    09-18-12 09:43 PM
    Good new for me
    09-18-12 09:45 PM
    Not trying to be a troll as I have defended the awesome work that is the PlayBook as far as hardware, but don't kid yourself... This is just ONE example of how much is wrong with RIM. Official or non official date... Who cares? When was the last time RIM gave us anything on time?

I'm Actually surprised that the fact that he Google Nexus ad is always on Crackberry hasn't made more PlayBook owners switch.

So, since there is no real ecosystem for the PlayBook and in all honesty BB10 is not going to be saving anyone anytime soon, Any recommendations on whether I should go Nexus or Kindle Fire HD? I mean at this point it's pretty clear that RIM is just dragging their feet to the finish line.

Anyone???
    09-18-12 09:53 PM
    Sounds like something "no workey"
    09-18-12 09:55 PM
177 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD