For christmas, I got a blackberry playbook and I love it!! I've heard people complain about the apps, or lack of, but there seems to be enough to keep me busy. Despite this, there are a few android apps I would like to be able to use like skype or oovoo. I would like to know if I could upgrade to the 2.0 beta without being a developer (I've seen non-developers do it before). For those of you that don't know, it says on blackberry's website that the beta was for developers only. I don't want to upgrade to the beta of os 2.0 as a non-developer if it is looked down upon by blackberry, unless they don't really care in reality.

Also, if I can upgrade without a problem, would it delete everything I already have on it?

Any help will be appreciated!!!
    12-26-11 02:52 PM
    Welcome, and congratulations on the new Playbook. It might be a good idea to use the official os for a while just to get use to it. But, lots of non devs have gone to the beta. Some stick with it, while others go back. In the end, it can't hurt to try it out. You can always go back. Just be sure to back up before you do it.
    ZJE123 likes this.
    12-26-11 03:44 PM
    Welcome, and congratulations on the new Playbook. It might be a good idea to use the official os for a while just to get use to it. But, lots of non devs have gone to the beta. Some stick with it, while others go back. In the end, it can't hurt to try it out. You can always go back. Just be sure to back up before you do it.
    Thanks for the information!! I think for now I'll continue to get used to it, but will probably upgrade in the next few days. Thanks again!
    12-26-11 04:08 PM
    Unless you are familiar with the forums, CrackBerry, self-troubleshooting and a bunch of random misc things about BlackBerry save yourself the stress of having to go Dev 2.0.

I jump to 2.0 quickly and within hours of getting my PlayBook but I have sorta been stalking the CrackBerry articles and forums for a few months.

As for Skype and Oovoo, you will not get video chat. Sorry to break it to you, even if you converted an Android APK application to BAR and signed it, all you will get is IMing.

On a lighter note we have Angry Birds and yes it is 4.99 but that is the same price as the iPad and you get the HD version and it looks great on a large tv screen.
    12-26-11 05:20 PM
    I finally updated to 2.0. After a couple of reboots, everything's working fairly well. Pretty happy with it so far...
    12-26-11 06:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD