12-29-15 12:08 PM
312 ... 7891011 ...
tools
    If i created a folder and put it in the dock, then deleted it they would spread out along multiple docks through each of the screens as long as there were apps in the next home screen window. At one point i had six panels on the bottom and 6 docks with 6 icons each along the top.

Now you cant delete a folder from the dock you have to move it below to delete it.
    So vdisappointednted that i could not do this after the latest upgrade, especially when it was working in the beta...

After playing around, i downgraded the core OS, back to the last beta with Dingleberry.

Functionality returned and was able to create additional docks by combing icons into folders on the dock and then deleting that folder when you delete the icons expand across the dock if the dock is full it creates an adjoining one just as you would a new pane.

Once i had all the shortcuts i wanted in multiple docks I upgraded with DM. Now i have several docks again to access my most used apps with a swipe across the dock.

See the attached pics. Once created and the OS is upgraded you cant edit anything except to combine icons in a folder in the same spot in the additional docks

Hope somebody finds this as interesting and useful as i did.
    03-02-12 09:21 PM
    HI all i have a playbook that was iso 1 and i had icons for Hotmail and Gmail and Yahoo i was using the 2 os beta and i still had the icons installed 2 os and have icons for Hotmail Gmail and Yahoo but no video store ,podcast and i don't get the bottom dock thing it looks the same as it always did the dock is at the top with all icons under it like in the beta and 1 os. i did not do a data wipe so i went ok no video store was really looking forward to that ( i like to watch movies in bed on my playbook) so i did a Factory reset for the BlackBerry PlayBook using the BB desktop software .when that was done my icons for Hotmail and Gmail and Yahoo are gone still no video store the dock is still up the the top am i missing something or are the icrons for Hotmail and Gmail and Yahoo gone in 2 os ? but i had them before when i first install 2os

any iders

ps and the power/on off icon is now gone as well
    I had the same issue although I never did download the beta 2.0. This happen to me as I could not get the Bridge to work with 2.0. I did a security wipe and lost these icons as well. They were there when I first downloaded 2.0 before the security wipe. Yes I did a backup before doing the security wipe. Does anyone know how to get these 4 icons back on PB. Any suggestions would be great.
    03-03-12 06:45 AM
    I keep reading about people playing music and video files from the SD card in their phones on the PlayBook. I can't get this to happen. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    03-03-12 08:34 AM
    I keep reading about people playing music and video files from the SD card in their phones on the PlayBook. I can't get this to happen. Can someone please point me in the right direction?

Thanks
    Go into your file manager, you can play music from there. I don't know about videos but would quess they will play also.
    Dex.
    03-03-12 09:32 AM
    why my internet connection is always disconnect when tethering via my bold 9700???
    anyone?
    03-03-12 11:42 AM
    Go into your file manager, you can play music from there. I don't know about videos but would quess they will play also.
    Dex.
    I attempted that prior to posting. I keep getting a message that there are no files in that folder or no files supported by the PlayBook. I would have thought it would have been as simple as a swipe down menu in the PlayBook music player. Guess that was wishful thinking.
    03-03-12 12:49 PM
    I attempted that prior to posting. I keep getting a message that there are no files in that folder or no files supported by the PlayBook. I would have thought it would have been as simple as a swipe down menu in the PlayBook music player. Guess that was wishful thinking.
    It works for me, I tap on media card, then blackberry, then music & tap on choice of song, then open & it plays. Sorry if this does not work for you.
    jujulie1969 likes this.
    03-03-12 01:29 PM
    can you tether the blackberry playbook with an android phone? also when do you think they will come out with a blackberry playbook 2?
    03-03-12 02:38 PM
    It works for me, I tap on media card, then blackberry, then music & tap on choice of song, then open & it plays. Sorry if this does not work for you.
    Im wondering if its because I used Media Sync through DM? If I tap on Media Card, BlackBerry my next option is Media Sync, which then says 'There are no files in this directory'. Maybe I need to 'un -sync' and then drag and drop?
    03-03-12 03:27 PM
    Im wondering if its because I used Media Sync through DM? If I tap on Media Card, BlackBerry my next option is Media Sync, which then says 'There are no files in this directory'. Maybe I need to 'un -sync' and then drag and drop?
    Sounds like(pun intended) you've got it sussed. Let me know if you get it playing. May your ears runneth over.
    03-03-12 03:40 PM
    can you tether the blackberry playbook with an android phone? also when do you think they will come out with a blackberry playbook 2?
    1. Yes. All you have to do is activate the wifi hotspot option on your Android deivce.
    2. Idk, sorry

Is their a way to zoom in on the PB to full screen while watching a video via remote control app on a non touch bb?
    03-03-12 04:55 PM
    Sounds like(pun intended) you've got it sussed. Let me know if you get it playing. May your ears runneth over.
    Figured it out. I had set DM to sync to the device memory, not my SD card. All fixed now, thanks.
    03-03-12 05:13 PM
    Anyone else seeing errors? (re: Playbook OS 2 - Email - TimeStamp)

Specifically, about 5 hours off. Appears to be UTC time difference. Not showing up on BB or PC.
    03-04-12 01:03 PM
    No. Everything fine with me. Had little glitches in some parts on the US with time changes roaming from the UK but that's all.
    03-04-12 01:14 PM
    Thanks, I found the weather icon app that came with PlayBook has disappeared. Otherwise it's great and exploring all the new things with 2.0
    On the home screen swipe from right to left, there another page of icons. The old weather app is there
    03-04-12 11:56 PM
    Playbook contest
    03-06-12 09:50 AM
    playbook is getting heated up after of around 1 hour of gameplay.
    the back of the playbook, basically the battery is getting heated up. not too hot. but it's not warm. it's hot.
    is it okay?
    03-07-12 12:11 PM
    Not sure if anyone else has suffered this issue yet, but will be surprised if not. Quite simply I have set up my Playbook to pick up my personal and business emails, so that I do not have to engage BlackBerry Bridge. No problems at all with personal email account which is direct via BTInternet and gives the option to retain messages on their mail server so relaying to my Handheld (Torch 9800) is instant. The problem rests with the business account via BTConnect, which does not give the option to retain messages on BT's server. Our IT people set up a sub mail server on our own office server, which collects all emails and then every 15 minutes relays these to our sub accounts and handhelds and the opposite happens when we send from our handhelds. This has worked faultlessly for 6 years or so! It also did/does so when I link my email account from my Torch to Playbook via BB Bridge.

I set up Playbook email accounts without any major problems by mirroring the settings for the Torch, so far so good and when doing so was careful to select "leave mail on server" and after a few seconds the emails came rolling in. Having collected over 270 emails I decided to delete them off the Playbook, which does not give the same option as my BB Torch namely; on "hand held" or "mailbox and handheld" just delete or cancel so without the ability to select all, I went through the list deleting emails one by one GGRRR! The major problem was found when I logged into my office PC the next morning, because as it sync'd, I watched in horror as 270 emails were deleted gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! I have checked the Playbook and the tab selecting leave emails on server was still correct and yet all my incoming mail was gone! I spoke to Blackberry/Orange and they cannot offer a fix, I ask therefore if there is one and if not, if anyone knows how to inform RIM of this major defect in OS 2.
    03-07-12 04:03 PM
    Hello everyone,
    I can't figure it out. Maybe there is such simple way, that I am just not seeing it?
    How can I send a picture taken with PB to my Bold using bluetooth?
    03-09-12 03:29 AM
    I have question on using bridge remote to control the photo app.

I have a curve 9360 and was wondering if there is a way to replicate the swiping from left/right to move to next/previous image?

As the only way i have found is to use the cursor on the next button but ideally i want to use this for a slideshow with having the onscreen controls displayed.
    03-11-12 10:10 AM
    ... was careful to select "leave mail on server" and after a few seconds the emails came rolling in. Having collected over 270 emails I decided to delete them off the Playbook ... The major problem was found when I logged into my office PC the next morning, because as it sync'd, I watched in horror as 270 emails were deleted gggggggggggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! ...
    You are discussing a POP account. For POP servers and clients, the option "leave mail on the server" only refers to what a mail client does immediately after it first downloads a message from the POP server. (There is a long history behind this.) It does not govern what a POP client does later when a message is filed in a folder or deleted.

You have discovered that the PB mail client takes the unusual approach of synchronizing the PB POP inbox with the POP server. This not "wrong" or a defect, as there is no norm or standard to be respected here. The POP protocol was never meant to be used to distribute mail to more than one client, nor to store mail for very long on the server (although many now use POP in these unforeseen ways).

But because it is an unusual approach, RIM really should have warned people, documented the behavior, and perhaps saved deleted mail in a local "Trash" folder.

Several users have reported that RIM's implementation works in both directions. That is, if you delete the mail on the server (after processing it or filing it on a desktop client), then the PB will synchronize a POP inbox and delete those messages on the PB. That would be the best way, at the moment, to handle mail building up in a PB POP account.

Note that on some "primitive" POP servers, the option of leaving mail on the server is not reallly supported, and there would be no way to synchronize such a POP server with a PB account. [Techspeak: this refers to POP servers that do not suport unique identifiers and the UIDL command.) I don't know what the PB would do in this case.

... I went through the list deleting emails one by one GGRRR! ...
    For deleting multiple messages, I'll repeat here information shared by several other people, as credited in this post, and shared in subsequent posts in the same thread:

To speed up multiple deletions, you can swipe down to get the menu, Settings, Display and Actions, set "Confirm Delete" to OFF. Now you can do one touch delete.

To select more than one message, swipe down from the top and pick Select. You can then select messages one by one.

To select a contiguous group of messages on the screen, check the first email and keep a finger on it and, with another finger, swipe down the list to check all the emails below.

To continue the selection on another screen, you can remove both fingers and scroll down, and repeat a selection of contiguous messages. Or, you can keep one finger fixed near the bottom of the screen and keep panning down (or flicking the finger towards the top of the screen).
    Last edited by VerryBestr; 03-11-12 at 03:23 PM.
    03-11-12 02:54 PM
    I would love to have my Facebook and twitter notifications show up in the message app but I do not want all my contacts from those accounts being migrated over into my PB contact list. It just causes a bunch of problems and I would hate to have the PB sync all those unwanted contacts to my gmail and then onto my BB phone. Does anyone know if there is a way to turn off importing contacts from Facebook and twitter so they don't find their way onto my PB?
    03-15-12 11:15 AM
    Hi guys, I am new to the forum but would like to leave my contribution.
    I am part of the indie team that created Traffic Wonder a game for Playbook. For us the blackberry marked is so important and unique. It would be a pleasure to have you playing and to receive your comments after 6 months of hard work. Thank you check it on TrafficWonderApp.com - A fuel puzzle game
    Cheers
    Marjane
    03-16-12 06:44 PM
    I am not able to load or see any Android apps on my playbook.. Not a single one..

My location is Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.. Is this update not provided for this country?? Please help i am extremely frustrated..
    03-17-12 11:52 AM
    03-18-12 11:53 PM
312 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD