This os 2.0 makes it a bit closer to ipad style
    03-19-12 01:12 AM
    I have a very big problem with the email app. Ive re-installed the software twice and still no improvement.
    1- even when im connected to wifi, the native messenger app shows -not connected to the network for gmail account but works fine for fb.
    If i go to accounts in settings- either the green circle keeps rotating for hours and nothing comes up or it says- connected to network but some issues in server or something.
    2- out of probably 80-85 times ive tried, each time at a well spaced out interval of even 7days and the attached files varying from 53kb to 24mbs, i've only ONCE succesfully emailed the attached file!!!!
    My messege app becomes unresponsive whenever i try to send an attached file. It doesnt work unless i restart.
    And the one time i succeeded, it took 32 minutes for this app to show that the file has been sent while it was sent.

PLEASE HELP! Its vety very irritating!!
    03-19-12 03:23 PM
    I have a very big problem with the email app. Ive re-installed the software twice and still no improvement.
    1- even when im connected to wifi, the native messenger app shows -not connected to the network for gmail account but works fine for fb.
    If i go to accounts in settings- either the green circle keeps rotating for hours and nothing comes up or it says- connected to network but some issues in server or something.
    2- out of probably 80-85 times ive tried, each time at a well spaced out interval of even 7days and the attached files varying from 53kb to 24mbs, i've only ONCE succesfully emailed the attached file!!!!
    My messege app becomes unresponsive whenever i try to send an attached file. It doesnt work unless i restart.
    And the one time i succeeded, it took 32 minutes for this app to show that the file has been sent while it was sent.

PLEASE HELP! Its vety very irritating!!
    Ok, this is very irritating and I feel your pain. My email completely stopped working today. The app comes up and just freezes. It shows no messages, just the frozen spinning circle. Oh and of course, when trying to open my browser, it took at least 5 times to get it to stay open. Then finally when I get to CrackBerry and try to move around on the site, it closed on me again. So I forged on through and after a few more times opening my browser, it finally stuck for a while. I then started to type this reply and the *#@+ browser closed again....so now I'm typing this on my one BlackBerry device I can still count on, my Torch! RIM, get the bug fix out ASAP! The frustration is causing my PlayBook to sit up and collect dust. I keep coming back to it hoping it will finally work and it doesn't.
    03-21-12 11:32 PM
    What's the difference between OS2 in Canada and in the US? Just got a new PB in Canada, loaded the software, then put in a US proxy, checked for updates and it installed a 3mb update. At first glance I can't see what the difference is. Anyone know offhand?
    03-22-12 08:48 AM
    My employer is saying the Playbook OS 2.0 does not allow or enforce the IT security policies so they are not enabling the playbook for Exchange ActiveSync. Is this true or are they just mis-informed. I reviewed the RIM documentation and it seems like the policy reference guide spells it all out. Still have to use the bridge (instead of WiFi) for all MS Outlook info. Frustrating.

BlackBerry_Device_Service-Policy_Reference_Guide-1317066774631-6.0-en.pdf
    03-23-12 03:39 PM
    My employer is saying the Playbook OS 2.0 does not allow or enforce the IT security policies so they are not enabling the playbook for Exchange ActiveSync. Is this true or are they just mis-informed. I reviewed the RIM documentation and it seems like the policy reference guide spells it all out. Still have to use the bridge (instead of WiFi) for all MS Outlook info. Frustrating.

BlackBerry_Device_Service-Policy_Reference_Guide-1317066774631-6.0-en.pdf
    It enforces our activesync policies just fine..
    03-23-12 11:17 PM
    Hi

I have a bbpb on 2.0 and whenever i download an app from the web it does not open after download,instead it says unable to find default app.................please help!
    03-27-12 05:35 AM
    It enforces our activesync policies just fine..
    This is the email thread I had with RIM:
    RE: INC0000247545xx
    BlackBerry Customer Support [email protected]
    Mar 23 (5 days ago)

to me
    Hello Michael,

Your employer has the correct information, at the moment there is no way to enforce IT policies on the PlayBook directly, only through the BlackBerry Bridge function as this goes through the BlackBerry Infrastructure which ensures all data is encrypted safely, when the PlayBook runs solely on wifi all data goes through that WiFi connection, rather than through the BlackBerry Infrastructure. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I will be pending your incident number for 2 days, unless you instruct me that the issue has been resolved. If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us either by replying to this message or by calling us at one of the numbers below.

Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day.

Sincerely,
    Kevin

Mar 23 (5 days ago)

to BlackBerry
    Are there plans to fix this?
    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
    Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 23:56:50 +0000 (UTC)
    To: ...
    ReplyTo: BlackBerry Customer Support <[email protected]>
    Subject: RE: INC0000247545xx

Mar 27 (2 days ago)

to me
    Hello Michael,

Unfortunately as the PlayBook is a WiFi only device the only way to have it go through the BlackBerry Infrastructure so it can have all the functions of enterprise activation is through carrier networks and not WiFi. And as it stands the PlayBook cannot go through carrier networks at this time.
    03-28-12 03:22 PM
    I'm not sure if anyone here experience the same issue as me for Google Calendar Sync... I am using Google Apps for my domain, no issue with Contacts and Emails but my calendar is not able to sync and I can only see full day events. The sync icon will keep spinning but nothing comes in. At certain time, I am able to create event and it will be push but not able to pull events or appointments to my PB... I previously able to get it sync before I sent it for replacement for my PB due to LCD display issues.

Any advice?
    04-04-12 07:25 AM
    I'm not sure if anyone here experience the same issue as me for Google Calendar Sync... I am using Google Apps for my domain, no issue with Contacts and Emails but my calendar is not able to sync and I can only see full day events. The sync icon will keep spinning but nothing comes in. At certain time, I am able to create event and it will be push but not able to pull events or appointments to my PB... I previously able to get it sync before I sent it for replacement for my PB due to LCD display issues.

Any advice?
    Eh... sorry guys.. don't know why... it suddenly decided to work which I have tried for the past 3 hours...
    04-04-12 07:31 AM
    This is the email thread I had with RIM:
    RE: INC0000247545xx
    Mar 23 (5 days ago)

to me
    Hello Michael,

Your employer has the correct information, at the moment there is no way to enforce IT policies on the PlayBook directly, only through the BlackBerry Bridge function as this goes through the BlackBerry Infrastructure which ensures all data is encrypted safely, when the PlayBook runs solely on wifi all data goes through that WiFi connection, rather than through the BlackBerry Infrastructure. I apologize for the inconvenience.

I will be pending your incident number for 2 days, unless you instruct me that the issue has been resolved. If you require further assistance, please feel free to contact us either by replying to this message or by calling us at one of the numbers below.

Thank you again for contacting us. Have a great day.

Sincerely,
    Kevin

Mar 23 (5 days ago)

to BlackBerry
    Are there plans to fix this?
    Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile
    Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2012 23:56:50 +0000 (UTC)
    To: ...
    ReplyTo: BlackBerry Customer Support <[email protected]>
    Subject: RE: INC0000247545xx

Mar 27 (2 days ago)

to me
    Hello Michael,

Unfortunately as the PlayBook is a WiFi only device the only way to have it go through the BlackBerry Infrastructure so it can have all the functions of enterprise activation is through carrier networks and not WiFi. And as it stands the PlayBook cannot go through carrier networks at this time.
    I think that you need to clarify 'policies' - I think you can enforce Exchange/Activesync policies, but not BES policies as the device talks direct to the Exchange server, not via the BES systems.

Someone a good few pages back mentioned the screen brightness changing all the time - the device goes full brightness when it detects you're in a bright place (like outdoors) so you can read the screen easily. Personally, I wish that was an optional setting.

Cheers,
    Steve
    04-10-12 10:33 AM
    I got my new Playbook last week with OS 2.0 and noticed that certain apps that where meant to be included are missing - Music Store, BBC iPlayer - is there a quick way to add these into the system?
    04-11-12 07:01 AM
    hey, all are the comments that i have seen above is very good and have a knowledge about blackberry phones.
    04-12-12 06:46 AM
    I would like to be able to delete multiple emails at one time from my inbox. How can this be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    04-13-12 12:53 AM
    I would like to be able to delete multiple emails at one time from my inbox. How can this be done?

Thanks in advance for your help.
    from the PB messages application,
    • SWIPE down from the top bezel
    • tap SELECT and you will see a checkbox appear beside all your messages
    • tap all the messages you want to delete to select them
    • knock yourself out deleting (there's a tiny delete icon at bottom right hand corner to help you in your quest
    nigpd likes this.
    04-13-12 01:20 AM
    I got my new Playbook last week with OS 2.0 and noticed that certain apps that where meant to be included are missing - Music Store, BBC iPlayer - is there a quick way to add these into the system?
    historically, apps availability is constrained by geographical location...in plain English, if an app is not available in the region you're at when you activate your playbook, you wont see it

that said, you can download any missing app from the appworld
    04-13-12 01:23 AM
    according to Blackberry support Music Store is supported in UK as is BBC iplayer and neither are on the App store
    04-13-12 08:47 AM
    1. On my BB if I want to upload a pic to Facebook or email a file, I locate the pic or file, then Menu > Send > Email or Facebook. WHy not on the Playbook?
    2. The only way to print is to email a file to our ePrinter. I have hundreds of files in multiple folders. Since the File Manager built into the messages doesn't show the folders, I have to know the exact name of the file to search for it, then if I have to send 2-3 files, I have to search every time. On my BB, after I send the 1 file to an email message then attach another, I'm right back in the folder I was previously.
    3. Blackberry Bridge. From my BB, i can open a picture then View on Playbbook. Why not for anything ie it'll copy that file to my Playbook then view it?
    4. Why can I not see my network files on my Playbook that I can see on my BB when it's bridged (we are on BES and through Files on BB network history allows browsing to network shares).

Print to Go users having issue? Update flash to the VERY latest version. That fixed my issue.
    04-13-12 09:05 AM
    What's going on with slacker, deleted, redownloaded...attempted to create new account, will not load
    04-14-12 10:38 AM
    What's going on with slacker?
    04-14-12 11:19 AM
    Wasn't the newest bb os upgrade supposed to give access to a ton of android apps?? I really am underwhelmed with the limited amount of apps that are available, and especially that the good ones that are out there you have to pay an unusually high amount for. Both apple and android charge a few dollars less for the same apps or offer versions for free.
    04-14-12 02:29 PM
    Why is that a reset of the PB wipes all updates? Whatever OS the PB came with originally is what it returns to upon a reset. I've never experienced this in any other device. When a device is updated to the latest OS, resetting won't wipe the update. But with the PB, resetting does wipe updates.
    04-17-12 12:30 PM
    Hello! Sorry if this may be some stupid questions. But I want to buy a Playbook, and there is some things I would like to know before buying it.

Do I need to get a sim card and sign a contract with a carrier to use the Playbook. And the other question is; When I don't have wi-fi available, is there some way I can get on internet? Or will I need to be on wi-fi to get on the internet?

Thanks
    04-19-12 11:24 AM
    I have just given up. Too many problems. eBay. Sorry. Good luck and thanks for the help.
    04-20-12 02:47 AM
    Hi folks,

there's a brandnew softwareupgrade for BB Playbook Version 2.0.1.358 - seize 357 MB ! Great!

Turboprinz
    04-20-12 11:14 AM
315 ... 89101112 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD