Haven't had the chance to look through all the new posts yet... But why is there only one dock available now?

In the last beta before OS 2 update was released i had multiple docks so i could quicly slide them along and find my favorite apps.

From what i did catch they have disabled this function and we are stuck with six icons or folders only?

Am i missing something? This is my only real complaint
    02-24-12 12:06 AM
    Has anyone had a 12hr and counting download and install for the OS2 on the playbook. I am using wifi and going through DM on the laptop. I can't unplug it or it may render it useless. Dumbfounded......
    02-24-12 06:25 AM
    I upgraded to the new OS and upgraded to the new bridge. Before upgrading BB bridge worked perfectly. After the upgrade my devices are paired and I get notification of a new email, but when I click on the mail icon or other icon it tries to connect and then says, "The encrypted filesystem did not unlock properly." I made sure there were no passwords or encryption on my BB. I uninstalled bridge and installed it again. My BB is a Torch 9800 that is running 6.0 bundle 2647.

Can anyone help?
    02-24-12 08:07 AM
    Haven't had the chance to look through all the new posts yet... But why is there only one dock available now?

In the last beta before OS 2 update was released i had multiple docks so i could quicly slide them along and find my favorite apps.

From what i did catch they have disabled this function and we are stuck with six icons or folders only?

Am i missing something? This is my only real complaint
    I'm not sure what you were seeing. The previous 2.0's that I used behave exactly the same as the final with regards to the dock. One dock of 6 folders or icons. You can create multiple panes beside each other, but there is only the one dock that doesn't change.
    Last edited by linuxdaemon; 02-24-12 at 10:14 AM. Reason: dock, not doc
    02-24-12 09:55 AM
    I can't get my contacts from my Verizon/Yahoo email account. I can set up my email but my PB won't pull my contacts list? Anyone else experience this with a verizon account?
    02-24-12 10:24 AM
    ok, thanks

I have POP email, that would explain the missing "advanced setup" option.

I also have 2 pop (comcast) email accounts that also have the missing "advanced setup". After looking a bit more I found there is a setting where you can set them to manual.

Options > Accounts> tap on the email account (comcast) > scroll to bottom Sync Interval> tap drop-down scroll to Manual at bottom.
    Last edited by b147082; 02-24-12 at 10:33 AM.
    02-24-12 10:30 AM
    My playbook is STILL has NOT finished installing......CRACKBERRY WITHDRAWAL. It has been 19 hrs now and counting trying to install the new upgrade from DM via laptop. I have read on here where some have said it was slow installing, but seriously 19 hrs and its still not done yet?
    02-24-12 01:42 PM
    WooooooooHoooooooo! I shut my laptop down and then the playbook said I could dissconect and the old version wa intact!!!!! Yay!!!! So I will attempt the new update from the playbook itself. I wonder if the DM is corrupted? It really nvr worked right after it was installed even though it was removed and reinstalled 3 times? Thank you and please disreguard my prev posts
    02-24-12 02:37 PM
    I'll try here before starting a thread for this one.

Q: Is there a way to turn OFF calendar reminders?

While I want calendar information synchronized to my PlayBook to reference now & again, it will never be a 'primary' device that needs to remind me of upcoming meetings.

When in the Calendar, and viewing Calendar Settings, there is an option "DEFAULT MEETING REMINDER". I believe this is applicable only to creating new calendar entries, not specific to the visual reminder.

No sense having reminders pop-up & trigger the LED when the PlayBook is shoved away in my bag while @ work/home. In these cases, I rely on my work computer or my BB to remind me.

Might be an argument for Bridge PIM instead of native I suppose.
    Last edited by BrizzadMan; 02-24-12 at 03:15 PM.
    02-24-12 03:13 PM
    I'm not sure what you were seeing. The previous 2.0's that I used behave exactly the same as the final with regards to the dock. One dock of 6 folders or icons. You can create multiple panes beside each other, but there is only the one dock that doesn't change.
    If i created a folder and put it in the dock, then deleted it they would spread out along mutiple docks through each of the screens as long as there were apps in the next home screen window. At one point i had six panels on the bottom and 6 docks with 6 icons each along the top.

Now you cant delete a folder from the dock you have to move it below to delete it.
    02-24-12 04:28 PM
    I was able to install the update that had previously given me problems through the DM....I actually thought it might be faster through the laptop...not. After numerous hours of trying on the laptop, I got the guts to shut down the frozen install on DM. Then I unplugged the playbook and to my relief, the old version was still there! Streamlined install via the PlayBook itself.....duh on my part for doing it that way Everything I've checked so far has been perfect...yay! I hope this might help anyone else this happens to
    SonnyT1 likes this.
    02-24-12 11:40 PM
    Correction on above post....."duh for not doing it that way way to begin with I should done the update through the playbook to begin with
    02-24-12 11:44 PM
    I already apologized for multiple postings & deleted the other posting.

Now, can anyone please tell me why the android apps are not working in my PB. When i tap on them Nothing happens.

I also tried sideloading some Android Apps through DDPB installer. Although it is showing 'done' after installation, but i can't find the installed apps in my PB. Before upgrading to the OS 2.0, i sideloaded successfully. so i don't know what's wrong this time.

Is this happening to me only or anyone else?

Please help me out.
    02-25-12 02:49 AM
    Anyone else having issues with the screen randomly dimming and getting brighter again? I have turned off auto dimming in options but it doesn't help.

It happens while I am browsing - I haven't noticed it elsewhere so far. The only way to get back to normal brightness is to use the control from the battery icon.
    Last edited by filbert42; 02-25-12 at 03:42 AM. Reason: Changed as original was dupe
    02-25-12 03:24 AM
    Is there a way to have the messages app use portrait mode instead of landscape?
    I'd like to know that too. The keyboard is much easier to use in portrait mode.
    02-25-12 03:47 AM
    There seems no way of telling which account an email is from in combined view. That's a bit of a pain. Colour coding would be good. Am I missing a way to turn it on?
    02-25-12 03:49 AM
    I haven't seen this mentioned - hold your finger on certain keys and you get options for accents, etc. For example, rest your finger on 'e' and you can choose �, �, � or �.
    02-25-12 03:53 AM
    Wow, first time poster and newbie here. Had issues with the desktop manager too. Glad I was able to update through the playbook. Tried for hours to do it through the desk top manager. Thanks PLH.
    02-25-12 06:55 AM
    Can anyone tell me if there is a gesture to bring page back to top? (like the gesture on iDevices). Taping on the top of the screen or swiping bezel or something like that.

Thanks in advance
    schiri likes this.
    02-25-12 07:19 AM
    Does anyone know how to sync my bbm contacts to my PlayBook.
    02-25-12 08:18 AM
    has anyone figured out what video file formats are playable over bridge?
    02-25-12 10:28 AM
    Does the OS2 support ad-hoc wifi connection?
    02-25-12 12:10 PM
    Is there a best way to conserve battery life when not using the pb? Before the update, I would keep it on standby and the battery would last me at least two or three days (maybe three days is pushing it) since I'm not a heavy user. But since the update, there are days I only use the pb maybe a few times, for a few minutes at a time, but the battery will drain like mad. I will even keep it on standby for a few hours and notice the battery is still draining. Maybe I should keep it on lock? Would that help? Does anybody have any advice or notice that the new OS is draining the battery a lot faster?
    02-25-12 04:41 PM
    Even with the Device is STB. It will still be syncing info. That maybe the issue.
    02-25-12 05:28 PM
    I have produced a simple step by step guide on how to get ALL the default applications for your Blackberry Playbook (Normally restricted to US users only). Tell me what you think.
    Creaulx and deocamdata like this.
    02-25-12 07:16 PM
315 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD