Is there a way to have the messages app use portrait mode instead of landscape?
    02-22-12 10:55 AM
    Nope, it doesn't!
    I didn't notice the "lock" option until I put my PB in Developer mode to sideload some Android apps. Now it's there all of the time.
    I don't know if I just didn't notice it, or if going into Dev Mode brought it up.
    Just a thought.

As for some people noticing that it only takes a touch to wake their PB, while others still need a full bezel to bezel swipe, I wonder if that's the difference between the PB turning the screen off vs actually going into Stand by mode.
    If the PB is "on", but just the screen has been dimmed, then a simple touch may "wake" it. If it's truly in Stand by mode, then you'll need a full bezel to bezel sweep.
    Just a thought. Well, two thoughts I guess.
    02-22-12 11:01 AM
    Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have not been following this much.

Is bridge calender completely unrelated to the native calender? Is there no way to sync the two?
    02-22-12 11:06 AM
    As for some people noticing that it only takes a touch to wake their PB, while others still need a full bezel to bezel swipe, I wonder if that's the difference between the PB turning the screen off vs actually going into Stand by mode.
    If the PB is "on", but just the screen has been dimmed, then a simple touch may "wake" it. If it's truly in Stand by mode, then you'll need a full bezel to bezel sweep.
    I wonder if this is based on whether it's plugged in or on battery. Guess I could check...

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I have not been following this much. Is bridge calender completely unrelated to the native calender? Is there no way to sync the two?
    This is the most explosive topic in the forums. There is not a way to directly sync you BB and PB via the birdge connection. You need something in the middle (such as BES or IMAP).
    02-22-12 11:21 AM
    my bbm on the bridge wont work.. it looks like its gonna open everytime and then it just crashes. ive reset the pb, ive reset the blackberry, ive done 2 security wipes on the pb and now im seeing if maybe when i do the os 2 download thru desktop manager itll work... if not i have no clue what to do... any one got any other suggestions?
    02-22-12 11:26 AM
    Nope, it doesn't!
    after u go into security and set up a password it should then give you the option for "lock".
    Bluemoonjules likes this.
    02-22-12 11:33 AM
    Quick observation. . .Not every single facebook contact is showing up for me. . .and it looks like the facebook profile pictures only load for some contacts and not others. . .
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the profile pictures thing has something to do with Facebook timeline.
    02-22-12 11:52 AM
    Nope, it doesn't!
    I was mistaken, since I have a security password, I didn't realize the lock option is only there if you do. So without a password you'll still see only three, BUT the standby option should only put your playbook into standby, NOT reset it. If it is, then that's a whole different problem. I apologize for not clarifying earlier.
    Bluemoonjules likes this.
    02-22-12 12:06 PM
    You know, I wouldn't be surprised if the profile pictures thing has something to do with Facebook timeline.
    You know, I'm beginning to think it has something to do with the privacy settings of the users themselves on facebook, but I've yet to figure out how to confirm this. Any ideas anyone?
    02-22-12 12:09 PM
    my bbm on the bridge wont work.. it looks like its gonna open everytime and then it just crashes. ive reset the pb, ive reset the blackberry, ive done 2 security wipes on the pb and now im seeing if maybe when i do the os 2 download thru desktop manager itll work... if not i have no clue what to do... any one got any other suggestions?
    Have you tried getting one of rroy's bridge installers?
    02-22-12 12:10 PM
    Is the pb dlna supported now ?? How do you access it ??

Sent From My BlackBerry 10 Device
    02-22-12 12:10 PM
    Is the pb dlna supported now ?? How do you access it ??

Sent From My BlackBerry 10 Device
    If you really have a blackberry 10 device as your signature suggests, we should be asking you since you must be a RIM employee.
    02-22-12 12:12 PM
    Have you tried getting one of rroy's bridge installers?
    would that work?
    02-22-12 12:20 PM
    I was mistaken, since I have a security password, I didn't realize the lock option is only there if you do. So without a password you'll still see only three, BUT the standby option should only put your playbook into standby, NOT reset it. If it is, then that's a whole different problem. I apologize for not clarifying earlier.
    Thanks, only the power icon standby option restarts, I think I shall delete it!
    2010GOLD likes this.
    02-22-12 12:47 PM
    OS 2.0 is terrific. It is basically a good start though. This is where RIM should have been last April. Its far from perfect. Still lots of bugs to work out, but so far no deal breakers for me.

- Love the integration of contacts, messages and calendar. Want to see more though. Get the tasks into the mix. When I click on a contact, in any of those apps, I want to see the activity history like I can see on my BB OS 7 devices.
    - Better integration with different webmail services would be good. ie. Can't seem to delete Hotmail messages. I hit the trash can, it asks me to confirm delete, I confirm and then nothing. The message is still there...
    - Hope RIM keeps working with some of the major app players out there to get the big ones onto the PlayBook. Netflix, Kindle, Picasa or other decent photo editing.
    - Really need a better PDF reader. Come on...
    - A better browser has to be coming down the pipe too... Really need to be able to organize favorites somehow (rename, folders, etc.) Seems OS 2.0 is having fewer issues with some web pages though. Had it stall a few times though and need to be kicked

For all of those that are whining for a better file browser... just get AIR Browser. Brilliant app that does everything that you are whining about. Pretty sure it is free too.
    SDM7171, water_rodent and 2010GOLD like this.
    02-22-12 01:13 PM
    Can we conference to multiple playbook users in video chat?
    02-22-12 01:18 PM
    would that work?
    I believe it would, your profile says you're on AT&T, they are well know for messing with the bridge application to suit their needs, a user called rroy here on crackberry has been doing a fantastic job of maintaining a page for downloading versions of bridge to get around AT&T's shenanigans. I would try that before you go any further. Someone else on here should know the page he has them all on, i just don't remember off the top of me head. Good luck!
    02-22-12 01:25 PM
    I want to add rogers email and google calender. how do i do it?
    02-22-12 01:25 PM
    Thanks, only the power icon standby option restarts, I think I shall delete it!
    Good deal, glad we got that figured out.
    02-22-12 01:26 PM
    For all of those that are whining for a better file browser... just get AIR Browser. Brilliant app that does everything that you are whining about. Pretty sure it is free too.
    It is, had it since day one of my playbook.

Got it. Love it. Couldn't live without it.
    02-22-12 01:27 PM
    I love making folders now too. Keeps everything organized.
    02-22-12 01:49 PM
    Yep. Folders rule. Especially if we're going to get flooded with Android apps soon...
    02-22-12 02:01 PM
    I didn't notice the "lock" option until I put my PB in Developer mode to sideload some Android apps. Now it's there all of the time.
    I don't know if I just didn't notice it, or if going into Dev Mode brought it up.
    Just a thought.

Well... I believe that when PB is charging just one single touch can wake it up, if nit in charging mode then you need a full bezel. And about the lock, maybe its related to the password. When you enable dev mode you need to set a password, that causes the lock button to appear.

I'm loving my PB even more with 2.0
    Thanks RIM!
    02-22-12 02:10 PM
    If you want Kindle on your PlayBook today, it can be done - you just have to sideload the app and it'll run.
    Can you please explain how to sideload Kindle on Playbook? New Playbook user here
    02-22-12 02:16 PM
    If you delete a Twitter user from Contact, can you recover/resync it? I tried manually adding it in but it's no longer linked to Twitter where it shows the profile pic and the name is no a link to the Twitter page.
    02-22-12 02:26 PM
315 ... 23456 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD