guys,

i have set up my twitter account (username and password) in settings-accounts-twitter, but i dont get any messages. when i chose only twitter in the message app i get no tweets from people i follow. why?

linkedIn works as does my gmail

thanks
    Stefan
    02-22-12 03:21 AM
    But where is the Attendees field? I can't find it at all. THAT is my problem. That is my only problem at the moment. I'm not using any other calendar other than the PB's calendar. I'm simply trying to add an appointment and include one of my contacts (whom by the way is the subject of my appointment). How do I add attendees? It's not included in my event. I see calendar, subject, location, start and end times, recurrence, reminder, Notes... an icon for Meeting Status but no Attendees field. I looked under the People tab and thought that the "Add Appointment" and + sign would do the trick. It did not. I held my finger in the space above that hoping that would do the trick. It did not. Double tap? Nope. There's got to be something I'm missing.
    can you do a screen capture of the adding appointment screen, I feel like I'M the one missing something right now...(it's pressing both volume up and down at the same time if you don't know BTW)

o ya, here's the one from my playbook (note the "PlayBook - Local" selection for the calender part):

PatrickMJS and KMB4 like this.
    02-22-12 03:21 AM
    Need help please...I have been struggling since the update to load my work mail account on the Playbook..keeps telling me to check my username and password (same account is loaded on my BB 9900)..when I enter the advanced settings and enter all the correct details it still does not want to load....would appreciate any help....
    02-22-12 04:33 AM
    mine doesnt. maybe a reboot?
    Mine doing same!
    02-22-12 04:44 AM
    I have thanked you 15 times just now info600. I bow to your infinite wisdom. That's what it was. I was inputting from the wrong mail calendar. You can only input attendees on the "local" PlayBook setting. I would have found that eventually but you've saved me probably days of searching for an answer. Thank you thank you thank you thank you infinity...
    02-22-12 04:47 AM
    Thanks, I found the weather icon app that came with PlayBook has disappeared. Otherwise it's great and exploring all the new things with 2.0
    Swipe the main panel to the left and you will find another panel with a few apps over there including weather.
    02-22-12 04:48 AM
    Hi,

I have an issue with videos on my PB.
    I have two videos on same shape (.mkv files) and with quite the same same size.
    The fist one cannot be read. When I try to play it I have the error message "this fils type isn't supported (see error.jpg attached).
    The second one can be perfectly read.
    I attached a screenshot of my player.
    As you can see, left videos (those I cannot read) are strangely shown while right videos (those I can read) are correctly shown.

What I do not understand that is why with two almost identical files, one can be read and not the other?

Please, somebody can help me?
    Thanks.
    02-22-12 04:48 AM
    Wheres the damn Android integration? I held off buying a Kindle Fire hoping I could read the books on just one tablet.....This might go to my 3 yr old, he enjoys this more then I am
    If you want Kindle on your PlayBook today, it can be done - you just have to sideload the app and it'll run.
    02-22-12 06:13 AM
    I have no facebook acccounts on any of my contacts. Anyone knows how to add them in?
    02-22-12 06:39 AM
    Fantastic!

For those irked by getting message notifications in both places. There is a way to get messages like normal on your BB and only get them on the PB native app when you want to get them. Follow these steps:

On the playbook: Options->Accounts->Select your account->Advanced Setup
    -Once in there turn "Push" off
    -Set sync to "manual"
    -Do this for each account you don't want to auto-push

On your BB: Open your Bridge App->Menu->Device Properties
    -Uncheck the message accounts you don't want sent to the playbook.

Once done with this, when you receive a email/message, phone goes off, playbook doesn't. Then go to messages on the playbook and drag the message list down and release to do a "refresh". It should then pull down to your device any messages not received, but won't until you do the "refresh" motion.

Saw ALOT of posts about this today so thought i'd make some steps. BTW, as far as i know, there is no way to have it work the way most thought it would, when you read the message on one, it marks it as read on both, or i've heard it only doing this intermittently. Hopefully a incremental release will solve this.

I can't seem to locate the options menu. are you referring to the gear symbol at the top right hand corner of the screen? if so when I go that route an click on accounts and select my account, there is no "advanced setup"option to select.
    can anyone assist?

thanks
    b147082 likes this.
    02-22-12 06:40 AM
    I can't seem to locate the options menu. are you referring to the gear symbol at the top right hand corner of the screen? if so when I go that route an click on accounts and select my account, there is no "advanced setup"option to select.
    can anyone assist?

thanks
    The easiest way is to modify your bridge settings on your phone to not send email notifications through.

Under the bridge, select the tablet>BBkey>Device properties and then uncheck the emails you've set up on the table already
    02-22-12 07:07 AM
    Not sure if anyone knows how to fix this, but on the BlackBerry itself there is an option for each email account to leave the messages on the server....yet on the Playbook, when an email is deleted it also gets deleted from the main server whether it a be Hotmail, Gmail or other email service. Does anyone know how to fix this so that does not happen and when an email is deleted from the Playbook it can still be accessed from another source?
    02-22-12 08:02 AM
    I instaled and app that I know for sure its an android app becasue the dev told me it would be repackaged. But I saw videos before where there was an actual android player icon. Is that not the case anymore? It just works straight from the app icon, not a separate icon for the android player?
    02-22-12 08:23 AM
    I can't seem to open some of my lager pdf's that I could open before on V1. they show up on the list but when i tap on them nothing happens.
    02-22-12 08:30 AM
    Not sure if anyone knows how to fix this, but on the BlackBerry itself there is an option for each email account to leave the messages on the server....yet on the Playbook, when an email is deleted it also gets deleted from the main server whether it a be Hotmail, Gmail or other email service. Does anyone know how to fix this so that does not happen and when an email is deleted from the Playbook it can still be accessed from another source?
    The way the PB messages app works is like using Outlook. In outlook you set up an account for your gmail account and everything that happens in outlook, will take place in the gmail account as well.
    02-22-12 08:33 AM
    I instaled and app that I know for sure its an android app becasue the dev told me it would be repackaged. But I saw videos before where there was an actual android player icon. Is that not the case anymore? It just works straight from the app icon, not a separate icon for the android player?
    Correct. Android has been combined as a separate kernel on the base OS. What this means is that Android apps will look exactly the same as a BB app on your home screen. There are a few ways to find out if its a repackaged android app or a native app:
    1. When you hold over a text field, the native app will give you a blue placeholder. Android will be orange
    2. When you swipe from top bezel, the native app will give you options. Android app will give you options, but also show all the other android apps being multi-tasked on the bottom of the PB screen.
    Xavier85 likes this.
    02-22-12 08:36 AM
    The way the PB messages app works is like using Outlook. In outlook you set up an account for your gmail account and everything that happens in outlook, will take place in the gmail account as well.
    Yes but in Outlook you can also leave messages on a server and not have them deleted. So I guess this is an issue that cannot be addressed I assume?
    02-22-12 08:39 AM
    Yes but in Outlook you can also leave messages on a server and not have them deleted. So I guess this is an issue that cannot be addressed I assume?
    Frankly, i don't know. Perhaps something like Blackberry fusion for personal use will become available, or there's a change on the messages software.
    02-22-12 09:00 AM
    can anyone assist?

thanks
    Yes i'm referring to the gear symbol in the top right of your playbook. Whether there's an "advanced setup" option once you go into your account depends on your account. Email accounts like gmail, hotmail, yahoo, and microsoft exchange all have it, but things like facebook, twitter and linkedIn do not. This is just due to the nature of the account in question. Facebook for instance has no need for any kind of push services because there's a separate Facebook app to manage it's settings. I hope this explains this.
    02-22-12 09:04 AM
    Thanks, I found the weather icon app that came with PlayBook has disappeared. Otherwise it's great and exploring all the new things with 2.0
    Did you swipe to the right on the home screen? Mine is on the 2nd page.
    02-22-12 09:30 AM
    Yeah... you'd want the "lock" option now.

????
    02-22-12 10:04 AM
    ????
    Hitting the battery icon now has four options instead of three, one of which is "lock" which is the equivalent of "standby" on OS1
    02-22-12 10:15 AM
    Hitting the battery icon now has four options instead of three, one of which is "lock" which is the equivalent of "standby" on OS1
    Nope, it doesn't!
    02-22-12 10:33 AM
    Does anyone know if you can the native Files app does/will allow non-native supported files to be accessed?

I keep my calibre library on my BB, and am wondering if I can access it through the Bridge. I've been able to do it somewhat successfully using Ghost Commander (Android) but sometimes it can't access the folder structure on the memory card.
    02-22-12 10:38 AM
    Hi all, so I've been searching and do see a few things here and there about the new Remote Control feature with the new BB Bridge update, but not an overview, tips, tricks etc... I guess which is surprising to me since there are such detailed articles about the new video, native email, etc. Well... can someone help me out... curious how the remote control feature works... something about being able to use an old BB to do it.. how does that work? What are the best features, what kind of devices can you control, etc.. Thanks in advance!
    02-22-12 10:48 AM
315 12345 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD