02-01-12 07:16 AM
    I do not know when the OS 2.0 for the Blackberry PlayBook will be released but it damn well better be in February and a rock solid, stellar release. Anything less will not be received well by the marketplace nor the technical reviewers much less the mass media.
    bbfan1040 and cdelcampo216 like this.
    02-01-12 07:23 AM
    If it is, you'll know it maybe before we get it from there
    Kevin will be there... In Kevin you trust, isn't it?
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-01-12 07:29 AM
    Why would they release it at Dev-Con? Developers have had access to beta OS 2.0 for a while now.
    bbfan1040 likes this.
    02-01-12 08:16 AM
    Wont be Dev con. they will give all those devs about a week with their shiny new "free" playbooks prior to releasing it on the 17th.
    02-01-12 08:19 AM
    I do not know when the OS 2.0 for the Blackberry PlayBook will be released but it damn well better be in February and a rock solid, stellar release. Anything less will not be received well by the marketplace nor the technical reviewers much less the mass media.
    I think you are 100% correct. As faithful as I have noticed most BB users are & PB users have been, the Original Launch SHOULD have included the basic native apps that BB's are known for. Email, Calendar, & Contact Management. How this got overlooked is beyond me. I did my research, so I knew what I was getting, especially for the great deal that I got, but I also know that I shouldn't have to have a BB phone to take advantage of these features.

I still don't have a BB phone nor do I plan on getting one unless my company provides one to me, so BBMessenger would be a great app to use without a phone. There are several FREE Texting apps available for Android & iPad/iPod Touch, so there is no reason not to have one on the PB.

The countdown has begun. Whether it's the 17th or 21st, as long as it's here & stable & all those videos that keep popping up weren't just smoke screen then I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for reading... & may the force be with you...
    02-01-12 08:53 AM
    I think you are 100% correct. As faithful as I have noticed most BB users are & PB users have been, the Original Launch SHOULD have included the basic native apps that BB's are known for. Email, Calendar, & Contact Management. How this got overlooked is beyond me. I did my research, so I knew what I was getting, especially for the great deal that I got, but I also know that I shouldn't have to have a BB phone to take advantage of these features.

I still don't have a BB phone nor do I plan on getting one unless my company provides one to me, so BBMessenger would be a great app to use without a phone. There are several FREE Texting apps available for Android & iPad/iPod Touch, so there is no reason not to have one on the PB.

The countdown has begun. Whether it's the 17th or 21st, as long as it's here & stable & all those videos that keep popping up weren't just smoke screen then I'll be a happy camper.

Thanks for reading... & may the force be with you...

The videos are the real deal. That is what the OS will look/feel like.
    02-01-12 08:54 AM
    Yes it will be released at dev con!
    Its just as valid a theory as those who think 3rd party apps are the reason for a 17th/21st release date.
    02-01-12 09:20 AM
    Yes it will be released at dev con!
    Its just as valid a theory as those who think 3rd party apps are the reason for a 17th/21st release date.
    I won't say that. If ever we could receive something (very unlikely) it would be a beta, not even a RC. You have to trust experienced users that argue with no demagogy but facts. Given apps should be released before the 7th (to be present for "the big opening"), the normal cycle is pointing the 17 or later as the big start. This is a point I can stand to, as a solid ... speculation, yet.

But you can, try the red carpet dance ...
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...4/#post7080940
    Last edited by Superfly_FR; 02-01-12 at 11:03 AM.
    02-01-12 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD