I recently updated my Blackberry Playbook 16GB model with Desktop Manager from OS2.0 to OS2.1 (latest version). The update was completed and the playbook booted up....completed initial setup till Blackberry Bridge. But after that in the 'Tablet Basics' screen, when I press the first option, that is, Homescreen, my playbook does not show the required thing and gets hanged and does not respond nor goes back to the blackberry bridge screen. I have tried a hard reset, no luck....still stuck on tablet basics screen. I have also tried to repair using desktop manager, but still I cant get past the tablet basics screen. I have also tried installing different OS versions using CFP but still it does not get past the tablet basics screen....Please help!!
    09-09-13 11:56 AM
    I think the best place to ask questions regarding problems with the last update is in the original last update thread.

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:15 PM
    Did you try to run the auto loader again?

Posted via CB10
    09-09-13 12:18 PM
    I am not sure what you mean by the "PB basic screen?"

Did you have to run through the Tutorial? Are you perhaps stuck in the Tutorial? You have to Swipe as they show or it will not change screens.

Hopefully, we can help.

But how old is your pb? You might still have a warranty.
    09-09-13 12:24 PM
    I recently updated my Blackberry Playbook 16GB model with Desktop Manager from OS2.0 to OS2.1 (latest version). The update was completed and the playbook booted up....completed initial setup till Blackberry Bridge. But after that in the 'Tablet Basics' screen, when I press the first option, that is, Homescreen, my playbook does not show the required thing and gets hanged and does not respond nor goes back to the blackberry bridge screen. I have tried a hard reset, no luck....still stuck on tablet basics screen. I have also tried to repair using desktop manager, but still I cant get past the tablet basics screen. I have also tried installing different OS versions using CFP but still it does not get past the tablet basics screen....Please help!!
    Is there a reason you use Desktop Manager to update your playbook? Would you be able to wipe it and update using wifi?
    09-09-13 12:27 PM
    It sounds like he's stuck in setup at the "Tablet Basics" screen. It also sounds like he's trying to update to the latest official OS (what took so long?), so he's not using the autoloader. And, he used Desktop software to repair or reload the OS since he couldn't get past the Tablet Basics screen. How to fix this, I don't know.

Blackberry Playbook Latest Official Update OS2.1.....Crash!!-img_20130585.jpg
    09-09-13 01:51 PM
    One thing I might suggest, in the off chance the video is running but just not showing for some reason, after you click on the Homescreen icon, wait about a minute or two, then swipe up from the bottom bezel, then wait 10 or 15 seconds, and swipe left on the screen where the above pic shows "Swipe left to continue". It's worth a try.
    FF22 and The Veteran Geek like this.
    09-09-13 02:00 PM
    I will surely try pacoman02's suggestion....and yes I am stuck on the same screen which pacoman has uploaded....when I press the homescreen button....nothing happens no video plays....but then the homescreen option is still pressable but does not work when pressed.....I updated to the latest OS using desktop manager...so it does not ask for a wifi update during initial setup....I have tried using autoloaders several times...still no luck...stuck on the same screen....anymore suggestions/help is needed!
    09-10-13 03:10 AM
    @F2....I dont have warranty anymore for my playbook....and yes I'm stuck on the tutorial screen.....I have given my playbook in the service centre for an evaluation....lets see what we get!
    09-10-13 03:17 AM
    I clearly don't remember all of the details of that screen. But have you tried swiping from say the right icon (Application Menus) toward the left icon (Home Screen)? Since they both have CheckMarks, have they been completed? (I guess that the screen is Pacoman's with the checkmarks???)

BB has sometimes been flexible with the warranty, especially if something has happened during an OS update. No guarantees, of course.

Good luck.
    09-10-13 09:03 AM