Hi! I bought my Blackberry Playbook just over a year ago. I've never had any problems with it until a couple of months ago when I moved back home.

I can get internet/Wifi on my playbook no problem no matter when I go, at my friend's house (Sky), my brother's house (Virgin Media), dozens of Wifi spots (both in UK & Ireland), yet I can't get a connection at my mum's house (again with Virgin Media). But I can get internet connection on my old Blackberry phone, laptop, PC and Andriod with no problems at all, but not the playbook.... Any Ideas???

Thanks
    09-16-13 05:39 AM
    Could be there is a saved connection on your device with a bad password? Try deleting the wifi profile for your mom's house and then go through the setup steps again, including entering the password. Also make sure you are using the correct security type.
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-13 09:15 AM
    Could be there is a saved connection on your device with a bad password? Try deleting the wifi profile for your mom's house and then go through the setup steps again, including entering the password. Also make sure you are using the correct security type.
    Even though all other devices are working at your Mom's, you may also need to do a power reset on router. should not affect previous/saved profiles, just resets the router.

c
    FF22 likes this.
    09-16-13 09:40 AM
    Thanks for both replies, we've done both those things, still nothing!

The playbook does try to connect but keep failing no matter how many times I try!
    09-17-13 04:18 AM
    Looks like you never had this on your Mom's/Mum's network. If you can get out and setup almost anywhere, it points to the settings on the router.

Something is hanging the process for that "home" location if you get out and can setup networks elsewhere?

Did you do/try a "hard reset", and then delete the "home" profile, and then go thru the setup process?

Hard Reset: press and hold the vol. up/down keys and the power button at the same time. If you hear a shutterclick, you just took a screen shot. It's not easy, but it does work.

Keep us updated....

c
    09-17-13 03:48 PM
    Hard Reset: press and hold the vol. up/down keys and the power button at the same time. If you hear a shutterclick, you just took a screen shot. It's not easy, but it does work.
    Power and volume + button will accomplish the same thing. Hold both until screen goes blank and release. The PB will reboot on its own.
    09-17-13 04:29 PM
    Mine will lose its ability to get on the internet (won't see any WiFi) randomly, but most commonly when I leave my house and go to work, not as common from work to home. Rebooting is only fix. Latest update didn't help.

Easy way to see if it is the problem I am having, when it won't get on the net, mine shows the last WiFi connection that did work, turn off WiFi and turn back on, it won't see anything. Reboot and it is ok. Good for a day or 2 and does it again.

Puzzled what is causing it.
    09-18-13 07:38 PM
    Assign a static IP address via the router based on the MAC address of the tablet.

Posted via CB10 from the BlackBerry Z10
    09-21-13 08:22 PM
    Yea I popped into a phone shop yesterday and they also said that it looks like it's something to do with the router. They are just as baffled too!

I've tried pretty much everything but no luck! Guess i've have to live with no access to playbook in my house!! Thanks for all replies though
    09-22-13 07:33 AM
    How old is the router that is giving your problems? I recall that older routers did not have the most recent "versions" of some of the router channels or whatever the B,G,N or whatever. Also, some pb's had problems with Dual frequencies. Also, some cordless phones (not cell phones) could interfere with routers, too - I had to change brands and frequencies of cordless phone.
    09-22-13 11:54 AM
    How old is the router that is giving your problems? I recall that older routers did not have the most recent "versions" of some of the router channels or whatever the B,G,N or whatever. Also, some pb's had problems with Dual frequencies. Also, some cordless phones (not cell phones) could interfere with routers, too - I had to change brands and frequencies of cordless phone.
    The router is about 3-4 years old. There are no cordless phones in the house!
    09-22-13 01:46 PM
    You could try re-setting up your router.
    09-22-13 01:58 PM